Problem with PageView in Web Controls

Hi

 I've migrated a VS2003 project to 2005 and I'm getting an error with the PageView element in the HTML:

Element PageView is not a known element

 Can I get round this?

 Regards BH

0
Bill

The Internet Explorer Web Controls (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc188778.aspx#S4) are designed for ASP.NET 1.1.

In ASP.NET 2.0, we can use equivalents Sytem.Web.UI.WebControls in ASP.NET 2.0 to replace them.

For example, we can use MultiView control (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.multiview(VS.80).aspx) to replace PageView.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas
11/28/2008 8:21:28 AM

Hi Thomas

 I managed to get the MultiView working and I now display three seperate controls on speretae pages but now I have a problem with datagrid in one of the pages:

I have an aspx page which displays 3 seperate pages of which one is a datagrid.  There are record view buttons at the side of the datagrid which open a details for a specific record.  the details page is a different aspx page.  However when I click on the button I get the following:

Invalid postback or callback argument.  Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.  For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them.  If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Invalid postback or callback argument.  Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.  For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them.  If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Invalid postback or callback argument.  Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.  For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them.  If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.]
   System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.ValidateEvent(String uniqueId, String argument) +367
   System.Web.UI.Control.ValidateEvent(String uniqueID, String eventArgument) +83
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +52
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +31
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +32
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +72
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3840

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

0
Bill

Thanks for your response.

There is a workaround for this issue: add enableEventValidation="false" to this Page's directive.

In your case, it would be better that we only bind DataGrid in first load of this DataGrid page. We can use IsPostBack property to bind DataGrid in PageLoad event.

For example, see http://www.beyondweblogs.com/post/Invalid-postback-or-callback-argument-error.aspx

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

Problem creating a custom control in a [web application] VS2005 rather than [web site]

Dynamiclly added web control in a web control problem?
I have a small problem...I have a web control, that creates dynamicly some other my custom controls and add these to itself. But when there is a postback, how can I get the information of the dynamiclly added control. Here is my example:(I have simplified)  1 DropDownList d; 2 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 3 { 4 d= new DropDownList(); 5 d.Items.Add("B"); 6 d.Items.Add("L"); 7 d.AutoPostBack = true; 8 d.SelectedIndexChanged += new Event...

Problem Converting VS2005 Web site to VS2005 Web Application
I have a 2005 Web Site (no profile, no xsd) I need to convert to a 2005 Web Application. I downloaded SP1 and followed Scott's tutorial. After conversion and build I had 32 errors and 4 warnings. One set of errors has to do with the fact that I have 2 modules containing some utility functions in the Web Site. All calls from web pages to functions in these modules fail in the Web Application (they work fine in the Web Site).The error says: Name [FunctionName] not defined I suspect I need to add the modules to the project namespace, but just putting "namespace ThisProjec...

HTML problems while migrating from VS2003 to VS2005
Hi, all. I tried to get the existing code for my website (originally built on .NET 1.1 using VS2003 as the development tool) to compile within VS2005 for .NET 2.0, but have run into the following problem : The existing code uses include files (i.e. files that are included in .aspx pages using the include macro) that contain inline VB scripting code (for example,  <%=myvariable%> or <% if  IsValidFlag = true then %> ) : The error message is "Character '<' , hexadecimal value 0x3c is illegal in an XML attribute values. If I remove the offending include...

Is it possible to migrate VS2005 Web Application Project to VS2005 Web Site.
Good afternoon.On my first project using VS2005, it was a brand new project so we didn't have to face the migration issue.  As we were developing right after VS2005 was released, we created the code using File | New | Web Site.I have now moved onto my second project and this one is a migration from a previously existing .NET 1.1 codebase to .NET 2.0.   We are currently investigating the best approach for migrating this code from VS2003 to VS2005.  We are thinking that at least initially, we might convert the code into a VS2005 Web Application Project using the steps located at...

Problem: Single Instance Web Control in .NET
Hello, Can i make a web control in such a way that "only one" instance is possible on any ASP.NET page. this web control is ".cs" file ( not a .ascx file) that renders some HTML and java script on container web page. i want to make sure that page contain only one instance of this. To Understand the problem clearly: When u put 2 or more FORM tag on a web page... and try to view this page... the follwoing error occured: "A page can have only one server-side Form tag" i want same working for my control... when user try to...

problem with calender control on migration from vs2003 to 2005
Hi all,I have a javascript calender control in asp.net 1.1 and on selecting a date from the calender,it got displayed in a textbox. Then I used this date from the textbox in a "button" click event to query from the database.Now I have migrated this application to asp.net 2.0 using VS2005 migration tool,the date is getting populated in the textbox but on pressing the "button" the textbox.text is not getting reflected in the button click event.Please help if anybody has had such a problem.thanks  Does the event fire when you click the button?If so, is the textbox val...

VS2003 custom web control not working in VS2005
Hi,I've created a collection of controls (visual and non-visual) in VS2003 that worked fine.  The controls are created in a DLL that's registered in the GAC.The 03 to 05 migration went with no problems.  I've added the DLL controls to the toolbox and here's the problem:The visual controls show up and work correctly.The non-visual controls show up in the toolbox only when I set it to "Show All" but they show up disabled (grayed) and I cannot drag them to the web form nor can I do anything with them.The visual controls are defined as:public final class myListBox extends System.Web.UI...

Problem with vs2003 Source Control after uninstalling vs2005 beta
my vs2005 beta version expired so i uninstalled it.but it seems that vs2003 was intergrating with the new version of SourceSafe installed with the beta version. so after uninstalling the beta i now an error when i load up a vs2003 project. "The project <myproject> appears to be under source control, but no source control provider is installed on this computer. Source control integration will be disabled for this project"how do i get it to integrate with the previous version of sourcesafe (v6.0) which is still installed & fully functioning on my pcany help is greatly...

I cant able to Drag the Web Control in VS2005 as like in VS2003
Hi Buddies,Now I am switching to work in VS2005,But In the WEb Applications , When i create a WEB Form  and place some control in that web form .But I cant able to drag that web control (like button) to another control.Plz give solution for this.........RegardsAyyanar Can you provide more details on what is not working? Thanks.Bill HiebertVisual Studio Web Tools VS 2003 uses absolute positioning by default while VS 2005 has flow layout as default. Which control is the target container?Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS...

problem with web controls in user control
I created user control (x.ascx). in my user control I used: <asp:textbox id="asptextbox" runat="server"></asp:textbox> I put this user control in web form aspx : <form id="thisForm" onSubmit="return checkForm()" method="post" runat="server"> <test:x id="TopTable" name="TopTable" runat="server"></test:x> <--user control </form> my question is: I can’t access In function in JavaScript to the web control (<asp:textbox...

Web control (Server control) problem
Help on web control (server control). In my backend code of my form when the user click register. ActiveUp.WebControls.ActiveDateTime BirthDateSelector I get u.BirthDate = BirthDateSelector.Date When I debug the application BirthDateSelector is undefined in User.cs // Code below. Can someone help me. <% Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="Active.Webcontrols" Assembly="ActiveDateTime" %> Now in my web form I have the following <cc1:ActiveDateTime id="BirthDateSelector" runat="server" AllowNull=&q...

Web resources about - Problem with PageView in Web Controls - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

Facebook Roundup: Photo Apps, Video, Movies, AT&T, Pageviews, Places, Credits, Growth and More
UK Won’t Ban Facebook – Facebook, Twitter and Research In Motion met with United Kingdom officials Thursday regarding the social networks’ role ...

The Pageview Industrial Complex
... model to underwrite the profitability of the business or ad-supported as the model, consumers have to accept that advertising and pageviews ...

Fake Pageviews Cost Online Advertisers More Than $6 Million Per Month
London-based startup Spider.io, which helps publishers and advertisers identify legitimate web traffic, has discovered a ring of more than 120,000 ...

When pageviews are not unique
…readers may click through your slideshow, but they’ll hate you a liiitttle bit more than they did when they got to the site. And I bet they’ll ...

A Flurry Of Pageviews
The Weather Channel’s website is taking a cue from sites like Upworthy, using click-baiting techniques to drive traffic: The traffic monitor ...

World IPv6 Launch gets 27 percent of pageviews on IPv6
Michele Neylon Today, 3,000 websites have made themselves reachable over IPv6 in order to participate in World IPv6 Launch . (Some have enabled ...

More Pageviews on AVC Recently
I visit the various analytics services I use on this blog about once a week. For the past several weeks, I've noticed a significant increase ...

Another Take on Pageviews
[…] Pageviews, as a metric used for directly billing advertisers, are a scam. Publishers game it with sensational link-bait articles and bullshit ...

‘Pageviews Don’t Matter,’ Upworthy Says After Their Pageviews Tank
... eh? Upworthy blogged about the unimportance of page clicks as a metric for advertisers this past Sunday. The post came after a recent pageview ...

For every 8 pageviews, one comes from phone or tablet
... PCs for sitting back and surfing the web, but, hey, it's the post-PC era, baby and times are changing. In August, 13.3 percent of web pageviews ...