Migration Problem

Hi,

I have a .net project which is converted from  1.1 to 2.0 .When I try to open this from File->Open->WebSite->LocalIS   the Visual Studio Convertion Wizard is openning and after finishing I am geting the following error.

 ERROR: Unable to parse project file PAAWeb.csproj.

=========================COMMENTS=================
Project PAAWeb.csproj has been converted successfully at October 16 2008, 06:22:45.

Could any one help us.

0
kiran_msp80

The .csproj is the project file of ASP.NET web application project. This project type is available in Visual Studio 2005 SP1. We can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BB4A75AB-E2D4-4C96-B39D-37BAF6B5B1DC&displaylang=en

If we install it, we can open this web application by double clicking PAAWeb.csproj file.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

To migrate or not to migrate...
I am currently working on a project that is written in PHP...  Very poorly.  I have to do a complete re-write.  I can code in either language, so I am trying to determine if I should convert to .Net or not. Is one really any more scalable than the other?  Is there a noticeable difference in speed between the compiled code and the interpreted code? Is there a list of large, high-volume, commercial web sites (other than MS, of course) that run on .NET? Thanks. J  >Is there a noticeable difference in speed between the compiled code and the inte...

HTML problems while migrating from VS2003 to VS2005
Hi, all. I tried to get the existing code for my website (originally built on .NET 1.1 using VS2003 as the development tool) to compile within VS2005 for .NET 2.0, but have run into the following problem : The existing code uses include files (i.e. files that are included in .aspx pages using the include macro) that contain inline VB scripting code (for example,  <%=myvariable%> or <% if  IsValidFlag = true then %> ) : The error message is "Character '<' , hexadecimal value 0x3c is illegal in an XML attribute values. If I remove the offending include...

Migrate from VS2003 to VS2005
Hello, please help me with my problem. Projects were successfully migrated from 2003 to 2005. I have VS2005 Team Edition, installed: VS80-KB898904-X86-ENU.exe, VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe, WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi. I tried to open solution. At first I couldn’t open solution at all I have done the next changes: “You will need to change the MSBuild targets in the project file. Open this file with a text editor and replace the VSTO target with this one <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft.VisualStudio.OfficeTools.targets" />”. Now I can open solution but...

Migrating VS2003 to VS2005.
Hello, I have recently migrated VS2003 web application(ASP.NET 1.0) to VS2005 (ASP.NET2.0). But after migration I am getting an error saying a particular DLL is not defined. How do I register this DLL in the server so that I can overcome this problem. Note: I have migrated the application which is in different machine(i.e., Shared drive).   Thanks, Renil. You don't have to register the dll on the server.  Just put it in your App_Code folder  and then add a reference to it in Solution Explorer.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1886a4bb-c9d8-4ba6-8078-04b...

Dot.Net Migration of Powerbuilder and our software migration
Hi everybody, At this point, we are at a crossroad in our software developpement. We work with powerbuilder since 1997 and follow all evolutions of it. And, now, we are preparing to get the road, with sybase, of Dot.Net technology, and, we study which is the better manner to do that. Currently our conclusions distinguish 2 main way : - First, rewrinting our framework and our sofware with datawindow.net technology. Visual Studio 2005 is a very good ans stable IDE, the integration of datawindows.net is really good, but it's a very hard work time for it. - Second, f...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

ajax.net migration problem
Dear friends,     Now I am migrating asp.net web site to ajax.net support web site. For web form navigation we are using server.transfer("frmMain.aspx"); but ajax .net won't support this one so instead of this one we are using response.redirect("frmMain.aspx");. It is working but we transfer somme values from one webform to another webform using HttpContext object. This HttpContext object not working while navigating through response.redirect(""); How can I handle this situation. We are using asp.net 2005 code behind C#. Any ideas & s...

Migrating a VS2003 project to VS2005
I need to migrate a web project from VS2003 to VS2005. I am a novice user. List down the steps that need to take care before migrating. Is there a tool (don't want that tool in VS2005 setup) that will migrate my solution to 2005 hassle free? Thanks! Viswanth V.G Check out this article:Step-By-Step Guide to Converting Web Projects from Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003 to Visual Studio 2005 Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Great link... Thanks a ton! My problem is to convert all the *.vb code files to Partial classes. ...

Migration and re-migration
We are currently running GW 7.0.1 on NW 6.5 and want to migrate it to Linux. However, we want to finish up with the GW system running on the same piece of hardware. It looks to me like the best thing to do is to use the Consolidation and Server Migration Utility to migrate GW to a "new" NW 6.5 server, then install OES Linux on the original hardware and use the GW Server Migration Utility to migrate GW to Linux. Is this the best way to do it or have I been out in the sun too long? (Couldn't have; there's not enough sunshine in Washington to bother anybody.) Richard...

Error on migrating webapplication from VS2003 to VS2005
I created web application with C# with VS2003 successfully. Now I pulled the solution to VS2005.  But a build error appears as " It is an error to use a section registred as allowDefinition = " Machine to application" beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS". The error occrurs with in the authentication tag in web.config. I have confiremed that the virtual directory is configurated as an application through virtual directory properties.  Can some one help on this issue?  Can you make sure you...

.net 1 to .net2 migration problem
Hi Ive developed a site with asp.net v1 (using dreamweaver)  My hosting company have decided to upgrade their servers to .net 2 and now my site is broken.  I get this error when loading a page. Server Error in '/No1EventsLtd' Application. Invalid postback or callback argument.  Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.  For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that o...

About migrating the managed Dll from VS2003 to VS2005
Hi everyone!I have a managed C++ Dll which compiled by Visual Studio 2003,and I migrate it to Visual Studio 2005 these days,and call it by some C# applications.Unfortunately it always report error:"is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)",I also can not tarce into it,for once I refer the class in the dll,the C# console application will report that error when I press F5!Please suggess me if any one have solve.Birch Howe First, make sure you are compiling in the proper mode.  Check Visual Studio 2005's Configuration Manager (Build menu, Confi...

iPrint Migration Problem Name migrates 'SPACE' to %20
Hi All I have migrated an OES1/NDPS system to OES2 iPrint The iPrint system pointed correctly to the new systems and the printers migrate / reinstall ok Except that where a space was in the name it replaces it with %20 ie Laserjet 4000 migrates to Laserjet%204000 If I go to server /ipp and select the Laserjet 4000 it installs correctly, with the correct name. I have to migrate 2 other sites and I would prefer not to have to reinstall all the printers. Has anyone seen this before ? Regards Mark Casey Pegasus Technology Pty Ltd www.pegasustech.com.au t...

PB 11.5 .Net migration problem...
Recently migrated from 10.5 to 11.5 (build 3050). In 10.5 we created web service proxies using the .Net engine and were able to successfully access and use our subject web service. I am currently running Jboss on my machine and creating the proxies using the .wdsl file residing there. No problems. The migration to 11.5 was seamless with one exception. Now when attempting to access the web service we get the following error: "The assembly *.dll doesn't exist" At this point, we rebuilt the proxy using the 11.5 proxy wizard and it appears that the wsdl.exe is creating the ...

Web resources about - Migration Problem - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow
EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow

Security is a major concern for cloud migrations
... Moreover, 40 percent worry about the loss of physical control over data in the cloud. In particular, 69 percent of companies fear migration ...

THE US EMV MIGRATION REPORT: What new chip cards mean for consumers, issuers, and merchants
... includes cards that store user information on a chip rather than a magnetic stripe — to make card-present payments more secure. The migration, ...

Migration to Windows 10 to be fastest yet, says Gartner
Windows 10 is poised to become the most widely installed version of Windows ever, following on the path of Windows XP and Windows 7 before it, ...

Huawei, Telefonica Partner on Enterprises Cloud Migration
The first countries where the enterprise cloud service will be deployed are Brazil, Mexico and Chile during the first quarter of 2016.

Africa-Europe: The politics of migration
While Western eyes have recently focused on the east and arrivals from Syria and Afghanistan, people from a dozen or so African countries continue ...

High skilled migration and global innovation
... using a multi-country endogenous growth model. The proposed framework introduces and quantifies a “frontier growth effect” of skilled migration: ...

MarTech Today: Google’s Rich Snippets, Dynamic Number Insertion & Site Migration
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing ...

6 ways to cut the cost and pain of a Windows 10 migration
... past two years, the cost and frustration was not only high, the resources required were crippling. But ready or not, chances are a new migration ...