Migrating a VS2003 project to VS2005

I need to migrate a web project from VS2003 to VS2005.

I am a novice user. List down the steps that need to take care before migrating.

Is there a tool (don't want that tool in VS2005 setup) that will migrate my solution to 2005 hassle free?

Thanks!

Viswanth V.G

0
Viswanth_Venki

Check out this article:

Step-By-Step Guide to Converting Web Projects from Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003 to Visual Studio 2005

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton
5/16/2007 2:16:39 PM

Great link... Thanks a ton! My problem is to convert all the *.vb code files to Partial classes. It throws error on the page directive. I have around 100 pages(.aspx) and it is very difficult to change manually.

Please suggest me the best solution to sort it out.

Thanks!

Viswanth G.

0
Viswanth_Venki
5/17/2007 7:28:34 AM

When you convert it automatically create as partial class for all pages, no need to do manually...................

In 2005 everything take as partial class.............

only thing is you have to change some html tags only........................

0
hakkim_rec
5/18/2007 4:22:19 AM

Is there an automated tool to convert asp.net 1.1 to asp.net 2.0?

Regards

Partha Mandayam
Sr Prog Analyst
Kaiser Permanente

0
mcp111

Migrate from VS2003 to VS2005
Hello, please help me with my problem. Projects were successfully migrated from 2003 to 2005. I have VS2005 Team Edition, installed: VS80-KB898904-X86-ENU.exe, VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe, WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi. I tried to open solution. At first I couldn’t open solution at all I have done the next changes: “You will need to change the MSBuild targets in the project file. Open this file with a text editor and replace the VSTO target with this one <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft.VisualStudio.OfficeTools.targets" />”. Now I can open solution but...

Migrating VS2003 to VS2005.
Hello, I have recently migrated VS2003 web application(ASP.NET 1.0) to VS2005 (ASP.NET2.0). But after migration I am getting an error saying a particular DLL is not defined. How do I register this DLL in the server so that I can overcome this problem. Note: I have migrated the application which is in different machine(i.e., Shared drive).   Thanks, Renil. You don't have to register the dll on the server.  Just put it in your App_Code folder  and then add a reference to it in Solution Explorer.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1886a4bb-c9d8-4ba6-8078-04b...

Error on migrating webapplication from VS2003 to VS2005
I created web application with C# with VS2003 successfully. Now I pulled the solution to VS2005.  But a build error appears as " It is an error to use a section registred as allowDefinition = " Machine to application" beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS". The error occrurs with in the authentication tag in web.config. I have confiremed that the virtual directory is configurated as an application through virtual directory properties.  Can some one help on this issue?  Can you make sure you...

HTML problems while migrating from VS2003 to VS2005
Hi, all. I tried to get the existing code for my website (originally built on .NET 1.1 using VS2003 as the development tool) to compile within VS2005 for .NET 2.0, but have run into the following problem : The existing code uses include files (i.e. files that are included in .aspx pages using the include macro) that contain inline VB scripting code (for example,  <%=myvariable%> or <% if  IsValidFlag = true then %> ) : The error message is "Character '<' , hexadecimal value 0x3c is illegal in an XML attribute values. If I remove the offending include...

About migrating the managed Dll from VS2003 to VS2005
Hi everyone!I have a managed C++ Dll which compiled by Visual Studio 2003,and I migrate it to Visual Studio 2005 these days,and call it by some C# applications.Unfortunately it always report error:"is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)",I also can not tarce into it,for once I refer the class in the dll,the C# console application will report that error when I press F5!Please suggess me if any one have solve.Birch Howe First, make sure you are compiling in the proper mode.  Check Visual Studio 2005's Configuration Manager (Build menu, Confi...

Couldn’t open solution which was migrate from VS2003 to VS2005
Hello, please help me I spend huge time for that problem. I’m trying to run project which was migrated from VS203 to VS2005. I installed VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe, VS80-KB898904-X86-ENU.exe, WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi. When I open the solution I have the same error: --------------------------- Microsoft Visual Studio --------------------------- Unable to read the project file 'SolutionName.csproj'. C:\path\ProjectName.csproj(1585,11): The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v8.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets" was not found. Confir...

Faced many errors after migration from VS2003 to VS2005
 Dear Forum Members,I have a ASP.NET 1.1 project and it is successfully run. Now i am going to migrate it into 2.0. I used the Migration wizard that is already in VS2005. After migration when i build it, it will return many errors. In the below i listed some of them..1. Error    1    Validation (): Element 'html' occurs too few times.    2. Error    2    Cannot switch views: This end tag has no matching start tag.    3. Error    3    Validation (Internet Explor...

Is it possible to migrate VS2005 Web Application Project to VS2005 Web Site.
Good afternoon.On my first project using VS2005, it was a brand new project so we didn't have to face the migration issue.  As we were developing right after VS2005 was released, we created the code using File | New | Web Site.I have now moved onto my second project and this one is a migration from a previously existing .NET 1.1 codebase to .NET 2.0.   We are currently investigating the best approach for migrating this code from VS2003 to VS2005.  We are thinking that at least initially, we might convert the code into a VS2005 Web Application Project using the steps located at...

Visual Studio 2005 Crashes after migrating from VS2003 to VS2005
I have migrated my project from vs2003 to vs2005 after installing application project. Everything is very smooth. And my project in vs 2005 can be compiled and run. However, when I use master page and try to drag a third party control component into the design region (in the content page), vs 2005 crashes. Well, this is not the headache yet. So I removed master page. And start running the project in debug mode, I keep getting the error message as listed next. Visual studio is frozen to death. No matter if I restart the visual studio or restart the computer, I keep getting the following infor...

How to compile a .Net/vs2003 project outside visual studio or in VS2005
I have a strange urgent issue. Our web server/web apps runs .Net 1.1 and cannot upgrade this to 2.0 or higher right away. The Project I developed is in VS2003. After moving from desktop to laptop, I am not able to install VS2003 on the laptop. Looks like this comes with 3 or 4 installations and I have used all these after getting upgraded desktops and laptops. My old desktop(s) have suddenly become unaccessable. What are my options to complete the 1.1/VS2003 apps :1. Looks like I cannot compile the web apps in VS2005.2. Is there a command line utility that I could use ?3. Any other way ?Than...

Migrating a VS2003 Project
I must be missing something very basic here.. 1. Does these instructions apply to the 1.0 release? http://webproject.scottgu.com/VisualBasic/Migration/Migration.aspx 2. Has anyone managed to get  these instructions to work? http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/WAP.asp 3Envionment: Windows XP Visual Studio 2005 Standard. The two downlaods installed inlcuding WAP 1.0. What Happens: 1. Vs2003 is copied to inetpub and setup as a webproject 2. Steps above followed. This creates a localhost projetc, but does nothign else ( no errors...

(Scott?) Migrated Vs2003 to web app vs2005 Page_load fires twice...
Hi there,I have migrated a web project from vs 2003 to vs 2005 using web application projects... It works but page_load always fires twice. I know why this is ... because AutoEventWireUp is set to true BUT if i create a new page then AutoEventWireUp is also set to true and these don't fire twice..I was looking for some hookup source code but it doesn't exist.... I swear i looked high and low... it isn't there.... i was looking for something like this this.Load+=new EventHandler(thi.Page_Load);This means that the autoeventwireup would launch page_load and also above would... hence twice....

Does anybody know how to migrate a VS2003 WSE2.0 program to VS2005 WSE3.0?
Hello. I'm trying to migrate a VS2003.NET(VB), ASP.NET 1.1, .NET Framework 1.1, WSE 2.0 SP3, IIS 5.1 Web Application to VS2005(VB), ASP.NET 2.0, .Net Framwwork 2.0, WSE 3.0, Web Application. There were some errors which i resolved and still two warnings unresolved, but there is just one outstanding error that i cannot figure out how to fix. In the following function i get the error "'Attachments' is not a member of 'Microsoft.Web.Services3.SoapContext'" on the "doc.load" line.     Private Function GetList(ByVal classID As xatanetconduitwebservice.ClassType, ByVal orgID As ...

Web resources about - Migrating a VS2003 project to VS2005 - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

Teens Migrating From Facebook To Comments Section Of Slow-Motion Deer Video - YouTube
Subscribe to The Onion on YouTube: http://bit.ly/xzrBUA Trendwatchers say more and more teens are leaving Facebook and Twitter in favor of the ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Record Numbers of New Zealanders Migrating to Australia
Acting on impulse: why the Kiwis keep coming ... and coming and coming

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...