Migrate from VS2003 to VS2005

Hello, please help me with my problem.
Projects were successfully migrated from 2003 to 2005. I have VS2005 Team Edition, installed: VS80-KB898904-X86-ENU.exe, VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe, WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi. I tried to open solution. At first I couldn’t open solution at all I have done the next changes: “You will need to change the MSBuild targets in the project file. Open this file with a text editor and replace the VSTO target with this one
<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft.VisualStudio.OfficeTools.targets" />
”.

Now I can open solution but have errors when run it.

When I try to run solution has the error: An error occurred while attempting to persist the data. The message returned is: No objects in the assembly are marked as startup objects.

 This error occurs for every project. In solution I have two.

0
ivazakhar

Migrating VS2003 to VS2005.
Hello, I have recently migrated VS2003 web application(ASP.NET 1.0) to VS2005 (ASP.NET2.0). But after migration I am getting an error saying a particular DLL is not defined. How do I register this DLL in the server so that I can overcome this problem. Note: I have migrated the application which is in different machine(i.e., Shared drive).   Thanks, Renil. You don't have to register the dll on the server.  Just put it in your App_Code folder  and then add a reference to it in Solution Explorer.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1886a4bb-c9d8-4ba6-8078-04b...

Migrating a VS2003 project to VS2005
I need to migrate a web project from VS2003 to VS2005. I am a novice user. List down the steps that need to take care before migrating. Is there a tool (don't want that tool in VS2005 setup) that will migrate my solution to 2005 hassle free? Thanks! Viswanth V.G Check out this article:Step-By-Step Guide to Converting Web Projects from Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003 to Visual Studio 2005 Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Great link... Thanks a ton! My problem is to convert all the *.vb code files to Partial classes. ...

Error on migrating webapplication from VS2003 to VS2005
I created web application with C# with VS2003 successfully. Now I pulled the solution to VS2005.  But a build error appears as " It is an error to use a section registred as allowDefinition = " Machine to application" beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS". The error occrurs with in the authentication tag in web.config. I have confiremed that the virtual directory is configurated as an application through virtual directory properties.  Can some one help on this issue?  Can you make sure you...

HTML problems while migrating from VS2003 to VS2005
Hi, all. I tried to get the existing code for my website (originally built on .NET 1.1 using VS2003 as the development tool) to compile within VS2005 for .NET 2.0, but have run into the following problem : The existing code uses include files (i.e. files that are included in .aspx pages using the include macro) that contain inline VB scripting code (for example,  <%=myvariable%> or <% if  IsValidFlag = true then %> ) : The error message is "Character '<' , hexadecimal value 0x3c is illegal in an XML attribute values. If I remove the offending include...

About migrating the managed Dll from VS2003 to VS2005
Hi everyone!I have a managed C++ Dll which compiled by Visual Studio 2003,and I migrate it to Visual Studio 2005 these days,and call it by some C# applications.Unfortunately it always report error:"is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)",I also can not tarce into it,for once I refer the class in the dll,the C# console application will report that error when I press F5!Please suggess me if any one have solve.Birch Howe First, make sure you are compiling in the proper mode.  Check Visual Studio 2005's Configuration Manager (Build menu, Confi...

Couldn’t open solution which was migrate from VS2003 to VS2005
Hello, please help me I spend huge time for that problem. I’m trying to run project which was migrated from VS203 to VS2005. I installed VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe, VS80-KB898904-X86-ENU.exe, WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi. When I open the solution I have the same error: --------------------------- Microsoft Visual Studio --------------------------- Unable to read the project file 'SolutionName.csproj'. C:\path\ProjectName.csproj(1585,11): The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v8.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets" was not found. Confir...

Faced many errors after migration from VS2003 to VS2005
 Dear Forum Members,I have a ASP.NET 1.1 project and it is successfully run. Now i am going to migrate it into 2.0. I used the Migration wizard that is already in VS2005. After migration when i build it, it will return many errors. In the below i listed some of them..1. Error    1    Validation (): Element 'html' occurs too few times.    2. Error    2    Cannot switch views: This end tag has no matching start tag.    3. Error    3    Validation (Internet Explor...

Visual Studio 2005 Crashes after migrating from VS2003 to VS2005
I have migrated my project from vs2003 to vs2005 after installing application project. Everything is very smooth. And my project in vs 2005 can be compiled and run. However, when I use master page and try to drag a third party control component into the design region (in the content page), vs 2005 crashes. Well, this is not the headache yet. So I removed master page. And start running the project in debug mode, I keep getting the error message as listed next. Visual studio is frozen to death. No matter if I restart the visual studio or restart the computer, I keep getting the following infor...

(Scott?) Migrated Vs2003 to web app vs2005 Page_load fires twice...
Hi there,I have migrated a web project from vs 2003 to vs 2005 using web application projects... It works but page_load always fires twice. I know why this is ... because AutoEventWireUp is set to true BUT if i create a new page then AutoEventWireUp is also set to true and these don't fire twice..I was looking for some hookup source code but it doesn't exist.... I swear i looked high and low... it isn't there.... i was looking for something like this this.Load+=new EventHandler(thi.Page_Load);This means that the autoeventwireup would launch page_load and also above would... hence twice....

Does anybody know how to migrate a VS2003 WSE2.0 program to VS2005 WSE3.0?
Hello. I'm trying to migrate a VS2003.NET(VB), ASP.NET 1.1, .NET Framework 1.1, WSE 2.0 SP3, IIS 5.1 Web Application to VS2005(VB), ASP.NET 2.0, .Net Framwwork 2.0, WSE 3.0, Web Application. There were some errors which i resolved and still two warnings unresolved, but there is just one outstanding error that i cannot figure out how to fix. In the following function i get the error "'Attachments' is not a member of 'Microsoft.Web.Services3.SoapContext'" on the "doc.load" line.     Private Function GetList(ByVal classID As xatanetconduitwebservice.ClassType, ByVal orgID As ...

Just migrated to VS2005 now can't get VS2003 debugger to work
Hi, I just migrated my project from VS2003 to VS2005. Before I started I backed up my VS2003 solution. I now need to go back to VS2003 for a while (my boss has something urgent he wants doing so don't have time to get it working and do proper testing because of the new CLR 2.0). The problem is that I've restored my VS2003 solution and can't get the VS2003 debugger to start. It says: "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server". I've looked at the help file but I need to narrow it down a bit (I can't check all that stuff!): Am I looking at a...

To migrate or not to migrate...
I am currently working on a project that is written in PHP...  Very poorly.  I have to do a complete re-write.  I can code in either language, so I am trying to determine if I should convert to .Net or not. Is one really any more scalable than the other?  Is there a noticeable difference in speed between the compiled code and the interpreted code? Is there a list of large, high-volume, commercial web sites (other than MS, of course) that run on .NET? Thanks. J  >Is there a noticeable difference in speed between the compiled code and the inte...

vs2003 and vs2005
  can i install vs2003 and vs2005 in the same system, using xp having 1.1 and 2.0 version  Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. Yes.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

Web resources about - Migrate from VS2003 to VS2005 - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

1-800-Flowers Becomes the First Client to Migrate to Facebook’s Revamped Atlas Ad Platform
... platform , which Facebook announced at Advertising Week 2014 in New York at the end of September, has its first client, as 1-800-Flowers migrated ...

Facebook Migrates 400,000 Users to Fans of Apple’s Page
While Facebook has been turning up the marketing on businesses and brand owners to create Facebook Pages, one feature of Pages that is less well ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

'You don't migrate to this country unless you want to join our team': Tony Abbott renews push on national ...
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has elaborated on his "Team Australia" remarks, telling a radio interview that "you don't migrate to this country ...

Tony Abbott's woman problem migrates to his ministry
Tony Abbott is having women trouble. It's nothing he said, mind.

Doctors and Nurses From Poor Countries Migrate To Rich Ones
Australia has saved almost $640 million by poaching doctors from some of the poorest countries in Africa.

ISIS recruitment video Join the Ranks urges Indonesian Muslims to migrate to the Islamic State
A video released by the terrorist group shows Indonesian men urging Muslims to wage join the jihad.

Polar bears migrate to Canadian Arctic for longer lasting ice: study
Some polar bear clusters have slowly moved to islands north of Canada's mainland that are retaining the Arctic ice for longer, according to a ...

Apple now allows developer MobileMe users to migrate their accounts to iCloud
As promised, Apple has opened up a new portal at me.com/move for developers that the MobileMe service to migrate their entire account over to ...

Verizon Explains the Real Reason Geese Migrate
... In the new spot for Verizon we learn that geese hate buffering (and they have cell phones). To escape the dreaded "dead zone," the flock migrates ...