Just migrated to VS2005 now can't get VS2003 debugger to work

Hi,

I just migrated my project from VS2003 to VS2005. Before I started I backed up my VS2003 solution.

I now need to go back to VS2003 for a while (my boss has something urgent he wants doing so don't have time to get it working and do proper testing because of the new CLR 2.0).

The problem is that I've restored my VS2003 solution and can't get the VS2003 debugger to start. It says: "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server".

I've looked at the help file but I need to narrow it down a bit (I can't check all that stuff!):

Am I looking at a re-install of IIS and VS2003 ? (groan)

Any help REALLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

 Ian.

0
ianmain

If I remember correctly, installing ASP.NET 2.0 automatically upgrades all web sites on the machine to ASP.NET 2.0.  Check the application in IIS on the ASP.NET version tab and set it to run under ASP.NET v1.1

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton
1/16/2007 2:50:09 AM

Your memory serves you correctly.

 All sorted and working.

BIG thanks Yes

0
ianmain

The problem I've got now is that I've gone back to my CLR V2.0 solution and Visual Studio 2005 debugger won't start. I have changed the CLR version in the ASP.NET tab (within IIS) back to V 2

When I start VS2005 and start the debugger it partially updates the screen (as if it is going to show the debugger panels but it never redraws them). After 2 or 3 minutes the devenv.exe process is still using about 50% to 80% CPU usage and so I assume its crashed.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ian.

0
ianmain
1/18/2007 5:16:45 AM

After hanging for about 5(?) minutes, while typing the above post VS2005 came back with the following error message:

"Cannot detach from one or more processes:

[4032] aspnet_wp.exe: The debugger is still attaching to the process.

Do you want to terminate them instead"

I then clicked "Yes" and it said:

"Unable to start debugging on the server. The operation has timed out.

Click Help for more information"

(except that there is no help button to click on) Tongue Tied

0
ianmain

Can't get UpdatePanel to work in converted VS2003 to VS2008 (NET 3.5) website
 Hi!I am trying to AJAX enable an older website, developed in VS 2003 (not AJAX enabled)I have followed the conversion guide, backup, convert to 3.5 website, everything works and the site compiles without errors.Now I want to AJAX enable the site but UpdatePanel doesn't work at all.I tried to work on a existing page but that didnät workThen I added a totally new webpage and put this "Hello world" code into it:  <body> <form id="form1" runat="server"> <asp:scriptmanager id="ScriptManager1" runat="server"...

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email
Name: martha Email: mjhartleyatchampmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email Comments: The directions about bugging aren't helpful to me because I don't know what you're talking about. You offered an update, I tried it, now it is in an endless loop of trying to install, failing, and trying again. It is very frustrating because I can't even get into my old email files to get addresses, photos, etc. I have turned off my firewall and have rebooted the computer, per some of the suggestions in the...

Migrating VS2003 to VS2005.
Hello, I have recently migrated VS2003 web application(ASP.NET 1.0) to VS2005 (ASP.NET2.0). But after migration I am getting an error saying a particular DLL is not defined. How do I register this DLL in the server so that I can overcome this problem. Note: I have migrated the application which is in different machine(i.e., Shared drive).   Thanks, Renil. You don't have to register the dll on the server.  Just put it in your App_Code folder  and then add a reference to it in Solution Explorer.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1886a4bb-c9d8-4ba6-8078-04b...

Migrate from VS2003 to VS2005
Hello, please help me with my problem. Projects were successfully migrated from 2003 to 2005. I have VS2005 Team Edition, installed: VS80-KB898904-X86-ENU.exe, VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe, WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi. I tried to open solution. At first I couldn’t open solution at all I have done the next changes: “You will need to change the MSBuild targets in the project file. Open this file with a text editor and replace the VSTO target with this one <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft.VisualStudio.OfficeTools.targets" />”. Now I can open solution but...

Can not get Pickup Directory... .net can't access metabase maybe??? Need to get working ASAP
I am using 2.0 to try to send an email to the IisPickup directorySystem.Net.Mail.MailMessage message = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage(test@testing.com, "test@test.com", "Testing " + DateTime.Now.ToString(), "Testing the Mail Drop Folder");System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient client = new System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient("127.0.0.1");client.DeliveryMethod = System.Net.Mail.SmtpDeliveryMethod.PickupDirectoryFromIis; client.Send(message);Example Site : www.andrewworral.com (hit the button)This code worked on our old deployment server but not on our new server.  I s...

Migrating a VS2003 project to VS2005
I need to migrate a web project from VS2003 to VS2005. I am a novice user. List down the steps that need to take care before migrating. Is there a tool (don't want that tool in VS2005 setup) that will migrate my solution to 2005 hassle free? Thanks! Viswanth V.G Check out this article:Step-By-Step Guide to Converting Web Projects from Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003 to Visual Studio 2005 Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Great link... Thanks a ton! My problem is to convert all the *.vb code files to Partial classes. ...

Desperate!!!! -- can't get DNN4 with sqlexpress2005 to work on winxp --- can't connect to DB!!!!!
HELP!!!!! HELP!!!!I followed the install guide for DNN4 (install version)...but it doesn't work with SQL 2005 express on Win XP...i have tried everything!! below is the error message and the connection strings...HELP!!!   Error Installing DotNetNukeCurrent Assembly Version: 04.00.00ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProviderSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Unable to open the physical file "C:\dotnetnuke\App_Data\dotnetnuke.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)". An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\dotne...

Debian Woody, two problems: can't get kppp to work and can't su in X
Hello, I have Debian Woody installed on this Dell i8100 laptop via Libranet 2.0. I have two hurdles left that I can't seem to overcome. 1. I can't get kppp to work. I always get the following error message: Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: The remote system is required to authenticate itself Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to do so. Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: (None of the available passwords would let it use an IP address.) Exit Status From 'man pppd': 1 An immediately f...

Web resources about - Just migrated to VS2005 now can't get VS2003 debugger to work - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005