Is it possible to import an ASP.NET 1.1 web page into an ASP.NET 2.0 web app?

A while ago we migrated one of our ASP.NET 1.1 web applications to an ASP.NET 2.0 web application.  However, due to the fact that we couldn't run both the .NET framework 1.0 and 2.0 on the same Windows 2000 Server (there are other ASP.NET 1.1 apps on that server), we were not able to install the ASP.NET 2.0 app onto the web server.

Now, we want to do that.  However, since migrating the 1.1 app to 2.0, we've added other pages to the 1.1 app.  Right now I am trying to just copy the .ASPX and .VB files into the 2.0 project, but I am having a miserable time to get it to compile.  This is leading me to believe that it is not possible to simply copy source code files from a 1.1 app into a 2.0 app.  Am I correct about this?

Assuming that the answer to my question about simply copying 1.1 source code files into a 2.0 application is no, then how do we get these new 1.1 files (the .aspx, .vb, etc files) into the 2.0 application?

Doctor Who
0
DoctorWho

The problem is the syntax - if you used code in the 1.1 page, that is outdated or replaced in some shape or form, in 2.0, then, it will throw errors.

David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
augustwind
7/11/2007 7:09:21 PM

Yes, we used code, and a lot of it, in the code-behind page.

Oh well, I'll migrate the VS 2003 project to VS 2005 again.  I hope we don't have to do this again.

Thank you for your help!

Doctor Who
0
DoctorWho
7/11/2007 8:30:33 PM

OK, as I said I've decided to re-migrate the old VS 2003 ASP.NET app to VS 2005 again, so that I can copy the files from the VS 2003 project into the VS 2005 project we converted a few months ago.  However, now I'm getting many error messages that say:

'Context' is not a member of 'OurWebSite.SomePage'.

and all of these are coming out of files that I know nothing about.  Filenames like App_Web_gp7qjmul.0.vb.  What are these files?  Where do they come from?  How can I fix something that we've not written, if we don't have access to these files?

Doctor Who
0
DoctorWho

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

Sharing cookie between .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 web app
I have two servers A and B.  A hosts .NET 1.1 web apps, while B hosts .NET 2.0 web apps.  I have a common login page written in .NET 2.0 (thus it's on server B).  In order to share the cookie, I set the machine key attributes (validation and encryption) of all apps to the same keys, and set all .NET 2.0 web apps to use decryption="3DES".  But for some reasons, my .NET 1.1 still cannot read the cookie generated by the .NET 2.0 login page.  Anyone has similar problem before?  Am I missing anything? Thanks. WenWen I am afraid you can only share t...

Can a .NET 1.1 page execute in a .NET 2.0 web site?
I've got a ASP.NET 1.1 web site to which I would like to add some ASP.NET 2.0 web pages. Could I just change the web site to point to the 2.0 .NET version and still have the .NET 1.1 web pages work so that both versions are in the same web site? Have you some of you approached this? Thanks. The official answer is maybe It's not officially supported, but most ASP.NET 1.1 pages will run fine under ASP.NET 2.0.  Officially you should run the upgrade wizard on your 1.1 pages. This is a  pretty good blog entry.      JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.c...

.DLL compiled with .NET 1.1 to be used in Web app done in .NET 2.0
Hi all,If I have a bunch of business objects that where compiled in .NET version 1.1, would it be possible for my ASP.NET (done in .NET 2.0) application to pick up these objects (.dll file) and start to use them?(Would be great if some-one could provide some form of documentation on this)ThanksTryst Hi Tryst, This should work fine.  In general, you can use V1.1 assemblies with V2.0 applications.  The reverse, though, is not true. Hope this helps, Scott ok, cool.ThanksTryst Comparative study on VS .Net 2003 and VS.Net 2005 .Net Framework versions used are ver...

Making a .NET 1.1 Web Project .NET 2.0 enabled
We were able to use such things as  below in the InstantASP forum source code.  I'm trying to do the same with Presstopia but it errors out when putting the below in their web.config. <machineKey validationKey="..." decryptionKey="..." validation="SHA1" decryption="3DES" />So what did InstantASP have to do to make their 1.1 code able to use machinekey then if it's not a .NET 2.0 application?  I want to do the same for Presstopia.   I figure there are general things you can do to allow a 1.1 app to make it able to ...

HELP Running a web-site with .NET 2.0 and NET 1.1
Hi evreybody,  I have a HUGE problem. I running a website that I have just created with ASP .NET 2.0 technology, well within my web site there is an web application that needs to run under V1.1. I'm using IIS 6.0 and I was wondering to see if anybody can help me run my new site, and run that web app at the same time. Basically is two sites within one web directory, the way you acces both sites is by the same link, just one is ROOT/default aspx (V2.0) and the other is Root/webapp/default.aspx (v1.1) can anybody help me... :( THANK you you will have to define them as two separate w...

Bits of a .NET 1 web app crash on a server running both .NET 1 and 2
We have a a win2003 server with running mostly .NET 2 web applications but one .NET 1 project. We quickly realised after initial upload of the .NET 1 application that the two versions of .NET would have to run in separate application pools. So I set one up called DOTNET1, assigned my app to it and everything seemed to run swimmingly.  Then yesterday a client rang up to say that a single page of the site wasn't working, although the rest seemed fine when I checked. Then today they rang up again and said a different page wasn't working. Both times it showed me an page sugges...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

Bad web.config in AJAX.NET 1.0 under .NET 2.0 Express
My setup is MS.NET v2.0 with the C# and Web Express editions of 2005. I also installed the AJAX 1.0 release with the respective toolkit as indicated in the AJAX.NET site. However, when I create a new project I am presented with the usual bare bones default.aspx and the web.config. However the web.config shows a lot of warnings and errors.One of them was being that the "requiredPermission" (or something like that) attribute was not recognized. Somewhere on the net there is a post of a correction to the DotNetConfig.xsd schema file in VS.2005 so I used it and it got rid of THAT warning.&n...

Web resources about - Is it possible to import an ASP.NET 1.1 web page into an ASP.NET 2.0 web app? - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

If Early Fan Reviews Are Any Indication, New Star Wars Will Be First Movie to Break $3 Billion
Reviews–at least those of the unofficial variety from fans via Twitter–for the newest edition of the Star Wars saga are now providing a glimpse ...

#AGU15 Paris Climate Accord, An Important Step Forward, But are We Solving the Right Problem?
Peter Landon Ward, PhD , The Paris Climate Accord is an important step forward, but Peter Langdon Ward PhD (a presenter at the AGU’s Fall 2015 ...

Email service hit with subpoena after double bomb threat
After two bomb threats in Los Angeles and New York, police have issued a subpoena to cock.li, the email service the threats were sent from. Cock.li ...

Seattle becomes first city to allow Uber, Lyft drivers to unionize
Seattle is the first city in the nation to give Uber and Lyft drivers the right to form a union. That’s after the City Council voted unanimously ...

Teen convicted in rape, killing of high school math teacher
SALEM, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts teenager was convicted Tuesday of raping and killing his high school math teacher when he was 14.

Are Kanye West And Kim Kardashian Really Fighting Over Vasectomy?
Ever since giving birth to their new son Saint, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West can’t stop fighting rumors about their relationship. RadarOnline ...

Baltimore police trial jury hits impasse in deliberations
Jurors deliberating whether a Baltimore police officer's actions led to fatal injuries suffered by an African-American man, told a judge on Tuesday ...

Saudi Arabia Leads ‘Islamic Military Alliance’ To Fight Terrorism – Joint Task Force Formed By 34 Nations ...
Saudi Arabia announced the formation of ‘Islamic Military Alliance’, a joint task force meant to fight terrorism. Over 30 nations have agreed ...

Skype iPhone & iPad app gets improved sharing with iOS extension
Skype for iPhone and iPad gets an update today to version 6.8 and with it comes new features for sharing content in the app. With the update, ...

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Trailer Will Help You Miss Harry Potter Slightly Less
Here’s your first taste of footage from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them , the Harry Potter prequel that follows Newt Scamander (Eddie ...