Have VS2005, ? installing VS2003

I've installed VS2005 (and converted an app using asp.net 1.x).  Now about to try installing VS2003, since for the limited changes I'm making to the asp.net 1.x app , it may be easier on me to just add them using VS2003, rather than converting it.  Anyway, VS2003 setup is flagging me to put in the prerequisites disk, saying some of my system components don't match versions required for VS2003 .NET.  I'm worried doing this will wipe out something VS2005 needs.  I would think having VS2005 installed would provide everything required by VS2003.  Anyone have a suggestion?  Do I need to install VS2003 first?  I didn't think it mattered.
0
mlars

Oh brother! Got millions of problem by installing first VS2005 in a clean machine and then installing VS2003. Best tip, uninstall the sholw enchilada and start again by installing first VS2003. Anybody else knows a better way?

Al

Cheers
Al
My Blog
MapStats.NET
Please click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question!
0
albertpascual

Installing VS2003 after VS2005 was installed ?!?!
I have been trying to get up to spead on VS2005 on my notebook, so with a clean install of Windows XP all patched up, I installed VS2005, the WAP "Add on" and converted a couple of Projects. All Success and learning curve aside, I have now found the need to have VS2003 runing on the notebook as well, I hestitently took the leap and installed VS2003. It installed fine and when I created a new Project and built, it all looked good, but then I relized that it looks as if the build settings from VS2005 are taking over ?!?!   I expected to see my folder and build show up in my Inetpub dire...

How to Instal VS2005 with VS2003
How can I install VS2005 on a PC that has VS2003 already installed.  I need to have both working.  I need to be able to create new we applications for both VS2005 and VS2003.Installation Steps?Cautions?ThanksJay This scenario is fully supported.  You're able to install VS2003 and VS2005 on the same machine in any order.Thanks, Leonid This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. I have found that it was easier to install VS 2003 products then the VS 2005 products, this makes sure that the file associations are correct. When I ...

Migrate from VS2003 to VS2005
Hello, please help me with my problem. Projects were successfully migrated from 2003 to 2005. I have VS2005 Team Edition, installed: VS80-KB898904-X86-ENU.exe, VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe, WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi. I tried to open solution. At first I couldn’t open solution at all I have done the next changes: “You will need to change the MSBuild targets in the project file. Open this file with a text editor and replace the VSTO target with this one <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft.VisualStudio.OfficeTools.targets" />”. Now I can open solution but...

Migrating VS2003 to VS2005.
Hello, I have recently migrated VS2003 web application(ASP.NET 1.0) to VS2005 (ASP.NET2.0). But after migration I am getting an error saying a particular DLL is not defined. How do I register this DLL in the server so that I can overcome this problem. Note: I have migrated the application which is in different machine(i.e., Shared drive).   Thanks, Renil. You don't have to register the dll on the server.  Just put it in your App_Code folder  and then add a reference to it in Solution Explorer.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1886a4bb-c9d8-4ba6-8078-04b...

Migrating a VS2003 project to VS2005
I need to migrate a web project from VS2003 to VS2005. I am a novice user. List down the steps that need to take care before migrating. Is there a tool (don't want that tool in VS2005 setup) that will migrate my solution to 2005 hassle free? Thanks! Viswanth V.G Check out this article:Step-By-Step Guide to Converting Web Projects from Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003 to Visual Studio 2005 Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Great link... Thanks a ton! My problem is to convert all the *.vb code files to Partial classes. ...

Upgraded VB.NET from VS2003 to VS2005
I have added new components in C#.  The C# code preforms normally.  But changes in the VB code are not executed.  I can step through the VB code and watch it execute code that is no longer there.  I have run clean, and rebuilt the solution and web site. But I still get old code executed.  Where is the old module stored and how can I replace it? Thanks, Hi, Based on my understanding, when you run the code, the changes on the code is not applied. If we insert the breakpoint on that code, does it can be hit or show some warning message on the breakpoint? This looks ...

HTML problems while migrating from VS2003 to VS2005
Hi, all. I tried to get the existing code for my website (originally built on .NET 1.1 using VS2003 as the development tool) to compile within VS2005 for .NET 2.0, but have run into the following problem : The existing code uses include files (i.e. files that are included in .aspx pages using the include macro) that contain inline VB scripting code (for example,  <%=myvariable%> or <% if  IsValidFlag = true then %> ) : The error message is "Character '<' , hexadecimal value 0x3c is illegal in an XML attribute values. If I remove the offending include...

VS2003 or VS2005
Hi all, I've got a question for you. If I've got VS2005 installed in my system, but I need to code an ASP.NET v1.1 site, do I have to get VS2003 installed or is there some way to code it in VS2005? Hi, unfortunately multitargeting won't be available until the next release of Visual Studio, at the moment codenamed Orcas. And it'll also only be available for .NET 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 since those last 2 are actually more of extensions on the .NET 2.0 framework.So yeah, at the moment when you want to create something for .NET 1.x you'll need the dedicated Visual Studio version. Also know that Vi...

Can VS2005 and VS2003 installed on the same machine?
If not, How to convert VS2003 projects to VS2005 projects? Is it safe to use the Migration Wizard Tool? How much risk and effort for me to do this? Is there any one can help me out? Thanks!!! Yes, both VS 2003 and VS 2005 can be installed on the same machine.  It was a configuration tested throroughly before we shipped.  The Migration Tool is safe.  It prompts you to backup the web site before it migrates.  If you back up your web site before you migrate you can always revert to the original. For migration help see the migration forum http://forums.asp.n...

vs2003 and vs2005
  can i install vs2003 and vs2005 in the same system, using xp having 1.1 and 2.0 version  Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. Yes.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

About migrating the managed Dll from VS2003 to VS2005
Hi everyone!I have a managed C++ Dll which compiled by Visual Studio 2003,and I migrate it to Visual Studio 2005 these days,and call it by some C# applications.Unfortunately it always report error:"is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)",I also can not tarce into it,for once I refer the class in the dll,the C# console application will report that error when I press F5!Please suggess me if any one have solve.Birch Howe First, make sure you are compiling in the proper mode.  Check Visual Studio 2005's Configuration Manager (Build menu, Confi...

Error on migrating webapplication from VS2003 to VS2005
I created web application with C# with VS2003 successfully. Now I pulled the solution to VS2005.  But a build error appears as " It is an error to use a section registred as allowDefinition = " Machine to application" beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS". The error occrurs with in the authentication tag in web.config. I have confiremed that the virtual directory is configurated as an application through virtual directory properties.  Can some one help on this issue?  Can you make sure you...

installation of vs2003 and vs2005 side by side
how would i installed without any problem both of these side by side. does the application made on vs2003 can run without any problem in vs.net 2005. i am running vs2003 without any problem for the past some times now so i am little skeptical in moving to it , but the new features are really tempting .     I run both Studio 2003 and Studio 2005 on my machine and have no problems.  I didn't do anything special, just installed them both.  I use the built in webserver for 2005 development, just to keep .NET 2.0 out of IIS.The only "problem" with having both, is...

Web resources about - Have VS2005, ? installing VS2003 - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper