Convert few pages of the current ASP.NET 1.1 website to ASP.NET 2.0

Hi,

I have a large ASP.NET 1.1 website. It has two C# class libraries and one ASP.NET web application project. The Data Access Layer uses Enterprise Library June 2005 for Database operations and logging. It also uses several other external DLL's.

Can one or two of the pages of the existing site be converted to ASP.NET 2.0 for testing purposes before converting the whole site?

Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem.
0
sudipta

Not unless you setup a new site.  IIS cannot run both version of the framework for the same website.  You have to select one or the other.  I have used 3.5 version business layer in a 2.0 web project.  I think you can upgrade the site and live the Business Layer alone.

Solutions Architect
Coden Enterprises
http://www.codenenterprises.com/iblog
0
codenenterp
8/30/2008 6:37:00 PM

If I open the solution file of ASP.NET 1.1 in VS2005, it would start the conversion wizard. Is there a way to convert only a page or two of the Presentation Layer converting the code behind to partial classes using the conversion wizard, or a couple of classes of the Business Logic Layer for testing purposes instead of converting the whole site?

Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem.
0
sudipta
8/31/2008 4:45:55 AM

So copy your code to back up directory and run it through the upgarde wizard.  The answer to your question is no , you cannot just upgrade part of the site.  You could upgrade it by projects if you had your tiers broken into different projects

Solutions Architect
Coden Enterprises
http://www.codenenterprises.com/iblog
0
codenenterp
8/31/2008 4:56:12 AM

Yes, I have three tiers. The two C# class libraries and one an ASP.NET Web project. Now, if I want to convert one of the C# class library project tier to 2.0, so I need to open the .csproj file of VS2003 in VS2005 and the conversion wizard will start. This would convert just that tier. Right.

Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem.
0
sudipta
9/1/2008 6:34:41 AM

Yes that is correct, and you should be able to use the dll from that project in your 1.1project.  I have only done this with a 2.0 and 3.5 project but I believe the principals are the same.  Do not forget to back up your code.

Solutions Architect
Coden Enterprises
http://www.codenenterprises.com/iblog
0
codenenterp

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

CrystalReportViewer problem after converting from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
After converting my web aaplication project from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0, I am getting the following error when trying to run reports (and even in the VS 2005 designer):The base class includes the field 'crvBCSOnHandReport', but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer)Has anybody else had this problem after converting?Thanks,Sacha...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

best practices to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Well, at least take a look at this doc about running v1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side h...

best method to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Hi, There is an article on this, right on this site. Check this Hope it hel...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

Help! Running .net 1.1 website on server with .net 2.0
Hi All,I have problems with running my .net version 1.1 website on a server that has .net version 2.0. Also my database is in sql server 2003 and on the server it is sql server 2005. The error that I am getting is: "unhandled exception..." and "invalid connection..."Please help! Kindly let me know if I have to modify my web.config file or other changes. (The website is working properly on my current server with sql server 2003 and .net framework version 1.1. ) Will let you know more details if required. Regards and thanks.  Hi, did you migrate your application to that server? If...

What are the advantages of migrating applications written in .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0?
Hello,Can someone tell me the advantages of migrating my current aplication which has been developed in ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0? I have read and implemented some of the technical advantages that come with ASP.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0. But how do I convince our customer that we should upgrade the existing application in production for a couple of years now to .NET 2.0... like the performance benefits we gain by doing that? Read that .NET 2.0 is a lot (around 40%) faster than .NET 1.1 and has all those performance enhancing features like the precompilation, enhanced data caching... in addition ...

Web resources about - Convert few pages of the current ASP.NET 1.1 website to ASP.NET 2.0 - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

$100 device converts all your film to digital photos
... still on film negatives. Today, we've got the perfect Amazon Cyber Week deal for you: A Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter ...

"ISIS 'ranks' the women, considering foreign women and converts to be especially 'valuable.' "
"According to French journalist Anna Erelle’s recent exposé , ISIS foreign fighters prefer foreign women and converts because the jihadists find ...