configuration file Problem

Hi All,

I migrated application form ASP.NET 1.1 to 2.0.

Removed all compilation errors.

When ever i try to run it, i receives following error

error parsing application configuration file at xsi:nil attribute on element 'element name' is invalid

Please help for the same.

Regards,

Shahaji Udar

Thanks and Regards,

Shahaji Udar.
MCTS,
Pune,INDIA.
0
ssudar

Which does XML file throw this issue? It seems that the XML's schema does not match this XML.

In your case, you can try to create a new XML in Visual Studio 2005, and copy the content to this new one.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas
10/17/2008 6:47:11 AM

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reply.

 Your solution was not working as problem cause is different.

Error is for <dpapiSettings xsi:nil="true" /> xml tag.

I have web,config file of  .NET 2003 decrupted by DPAPI, i'm using same for 2005 but its not working. How to decrupt web.config encrypted by DPAPI?

actual error message is :

Error parsing configuration file at line#123 . xsi:nil attribute on dpapiSetting is invalid.

Please correct before procedding

(You might rename current web.config and add new one.)

where line is#123 is <dpapiSettings xsi:nil="true" />

 Thanks is advance.

Regards,

Shahaji Udar

Thanks and Regards,

Shahaji Udar.
MCTS,
Pune,INDIA.
0
ssudar

HTML problems while migrating from VS2003 to VS2005
Hi, all. I tried to get the existing code for my website (originally built on .NET 1.1 using VS2003 as the development tool) to compile within VS2005 for .NET 2.0, but have run into the following problem : The existing code uses include files (i.e. files that are included in .aspx pages using the include macro) that contain inline VB scripting code (for example,  <%=myvariable%> or <% if  IsValidFlag = true then %> ) : The error message is "Character '<' , hexadecimal value 0x3c is illegal in an XML attribute values. If I remove the offending include...

Newly migrated file server problems: File locking?
Not sure how to phrase this, so please bear with me. I have recently migrated files from an NW 6.5 file server to OES2 file server -- both NSS volumes. I used the migration wizard (miggui) to to the migration. Novell Clients used: Novell 2 SP 1 These ae re 64-bit windows 7 workstations. Since then I have had several users complain about documents that they opened off the server. After editing for a while, when they hit "save" and they either get an error that the file name is in use, or it acts as if they opened a read-only copy of the file. Not sure what is goin...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

Migration question: How do I use a class file with all the files that make a single .Net page?
I'm going to start with how I developed pages in Classic ASP, here goes:default.asp<!-- #include virtual="inc/initialize.asp" --><!-- #include virtual="inc/header.asp -->Insert content here ...<!-- #include virtual="inc/footer.asp --><!-- #include virtual="inc/terminate.asp -->initialize.asp<%' Dim application constants (connection string, etc.)' ...' The constructor of this class would open a connection to the databaseset MyProject = new class_app%>terminate.asp<%' The destructor of this class closes and destroys the database connectionset MyProject = nothin...

Migrating VS2003 to VS2005.
Hello, I have recently migrated VS2003 web application(ASP.NET 1.0) to VS2005 (ASP.NET2.0). But after migration I am getting an error saying a particular DLL is not defined. How do I register this DLL in the server so that I can overcome this problem. Note: I have migrated the application which is in different machine(i.e., Shared drive).   Thanks, Renil. You don't have to register the dll on the server.  Just put it in your App_Code folder  and then add a reference to it in Solution Explorer.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1886a4bb-c9d8-4ba6-8078-04b...

.NET configuration problem
Hi, I have BIG BIG problem with .NET. I have an application on .NET 2.0 which connects to a local database. On my machine there were no problems and everything goes smooth. When I upload the application to the server ( windows is x64 bit) I get an error which tells that the ..NET functions are restricted/disabled and I cannot connect to the DB. The connection string is 100% correct. I installed .NET SDK and set full access from these tools and compiled the application with security "full trust" but still no success. I have also a website on the same server which connects t...

Configuration file problem
I am having a problem with my web.config file. I am building an asp.net site and will be using ssl for secure transmissions. I am using forms authentication and the web page i am redirecting to is called login.aspx. The problem i have is this. I must require that when a user accesses login.aspx they do so through the ssl layer. Therefore, the login page technically needs to be https://mydomain.com/login.aspx. Before i tested with my ssl certificate everything worked fine. I just referenced "login.aspx" in the forms authentication node in the web.config file. When i got the ...

Migrate from VS2003 to VS2005
Hello, please help me with my problem. Projects were successfully migrated from 2003 to 2005. I have VS2005 Team Edition, installed: VS80-KB898904-X86-ENU.exe, VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe, WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi. I tried to open solution. At first I couldn’t open solution at all I have done the next changes: “You will need to change the MSBuild targets in the project file. Open this file with a text editor and replace the VSTO target with this one <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft.VisualStudio.OfficeTools.targets" />”. Now I can open solution but...

.net 1.1 to .NET 2.0 migration generates additional .aspx.xx files
 Hi all,when doing the upgrade in VS 2005 two more additional pages get created, aspx.designer.cs and aspx.resx, do I need to keep these files?Thanks  The designer and resx pages are normal - just ignore them.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped.  Refer below links regarding migration  http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx http://rextang.net/blogs/work/archive/2006/04/16/3645.aspx P...

After migration from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 do I have to incorporate new web.config settings in old *.config file
Hi,I have successfully migrated web application from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5. Could you let me know whether I have to incorporate setting in new web.config (this new web.config file was generated automatically due to migration) into old *.config file?FYI: Old *.config file contains all application level settings required. So I will continue to use old.config file by removing new web.config file. Settings which are in new web.config file are:<configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,...

Microsoft Chart control for .NET Framework about state management and serialization problem, it works OK with one XML file but fails with another XML file
I use Microsoft Chart control for .NET Framework , you can see details at http://blogs.msdn.com/alexgor/archive/2008/10/27/microsoft-chart-control-for-net-framework-released.aspx The Chart1 is load data from a xml and save to ViewStateData, so even if after I click Reload button, the chart1 still display OK! I'm very strange that the chart1 works well after click Reload button if it's loaded from Chart1.Serializer.Load(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/Template/1.xml"));but chart1 don't display fter click Reload button if it's loaded from Chart1.Serializer.Loa...

ajax.net migration problem
Dear friends,     Now I am migrating asp.net web site to ajax.net support web site. For web form navigation we are using server.transfer("frmMain.aspx"); but ajax .net won't support this one so instead of this one we are using response.redirect("frmMain.aspx");. It is working but we transfer somme values from one webform to another webform using HttpContext object. This HttpContext object not working while navigating through response.redirect(""); How can I handle this situation. We are using asp.net 2005 code behind C#. Any ideas & s...

problem with aps.net configuration
Hello, I don't thing, I'm the beginner, but I'm not able to find how to make website/ASP.NET Configuration work properly. When I run it and click to Security ti manage role permissions, I have always the same error:   There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to conn...

Web resources about - configuration file Problem - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

Configuration management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The CM process is widely used by military engineering organizations to manage complex systems , such as weapon systems, vehicles, and information ...

Facebook Taps Opscode Private Chef For Configuration, Management Of Servers
How does Facebook manage its ever-growing plethora of servers , configurations, administrative access policies, and the other tasks that go along ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

Top tech companies plug into renewable power - Configuration / maintenance, Google, Microsoft, Networking ...
Leading tech companies like Microsoft, Google and Apple are making huge inroads in the use of renewable energy for corporate facilities and data ...

New 15-inch 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro unboxed and compared to other 2015 configurations
Apple’s new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display is here and available in a few different configurations. We’re take a closer look at the ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...