Hai friends,

I am doing project in ASP.NET(vb language)

 I have visual studio .net 2003 installed in my pc and i am doing my project in it , because i need to use additional functionality like "AJAX" , i want to use visual studio .net 2005 or visual studio .net 2008

my project folder name is "sqls"

can i install visual studio .net 2005 or visual studio .net 2008 and migrate this project folder to work in visual studio .net 2005 or visual studio .net 2008

i have uninstall visual studio .net 2003 and install visual studio .net 2005 or visual studio .net 2008

does project run in visual studio .net 2003 will run in visual studio .net 2005 or visual studio .net 2008 ????

pl tell me which is better visual studio .net 2005 or visual studio .net 2008

if any steps were there for migration...

Thanks...

Ambrose

16 March 2008..

Winners Never Quit
Quitters Never Win
0
ambrose1
3/16/2008 12:38:59 PM
📁 asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005
📃 590 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 4 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2759 Views

Hi,

if you have VS2008 at your disposal, I'd take that instead of VS2005. And yes, you certainly can migrate from VS2003 to VS2008, see

Walkthrough: Converting a Visual Studio .NET 2003 Web Project to a Visual Studio Web Application Project

Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke
3/16/2008 3:50:06 PM

Thank u teema...

if i want to convert to visual studio .net 2005 does is the same procedure.....as in visual studio .net 2008

Ambrose

Winners Never Quit
Quitters Never Win
0
ambrose1
3/16/2008 5:23:50 PM

Pretty much - see the links on the page I provided - for the specific versions of the article. Just note that Web Application project is added to VS2005 with Sp 1 or optionally as separate download. It has the web site project as the core default, and it's quite different from what you're used to with projects in VS2003 (therefore I suggested Web Application project since it's close to what you're used to work with)

Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke
3/16/2008 5:29:24 PM

Thank u teema..

    ur post helped me....

                            I saw convertion to visual studio.net 2005 also...

Thanks!!!Thanks..

Ambrose

Winners Never Quit
Quitters Never Win