2. Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute ;ondrop. is not a valid attributr of element 'iFrame'

Hi , I migrated application form ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0.

i.m getting following error:

2.  Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute ;ondrop. is not a valid attributr of element 'iFrame'

please help for the same.

Regads,

Shahaji

Thanks and Regards,

Shahaji Udar.
MCTS,
Pune,INDIA.
0
ssudar

 Is that semicolon ; at the start of it in your code? Thats not right, seems like the attribute before it hasnt been closed properly?

 You should probably paste the source file that is causing this error...

0
rtpHarry

Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute 'ondrop' is not a valid attribute of element 'iframe'.

above is the actual error.

';' is only a typo.

Thanks and Regards,

Shahaji Udar.
MCTS,
Pune,INDIA.
0
ssudar
11/4/2008 11:12:59 AM

According to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536929(VS.85).aspx OnDrop event does not apply to IFRAME element, so the message is correct. Please note that this event it non standard and may not work in FireFox.

Mikhail
11/4/2008 4:52:50 PM
Yes,I got it.
Thanks and Regards,

Shahaji Udar.
MCTS,
Pune,INDIA.
0
ssudar

Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute 'start' is not a valid attribute of element 'ol'. ?
I don't know why I get this error as listed below when I try to build my project.  It seems OK when I visit the actual page. Is there any one has any idea about this?  Thanks. Error    1    Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute 'start' is not a valid attribute of element 'ol'. This was answered in FAQ:http://forums.asp.net/thread/1291684.aspxCheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog Thanks a lot! I looked at the "Deprecated Attributes" list and it says:OL start  &...

Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute 'ms_2d_layout' is not a valid attribute of element 'table'
Hi! I am getting the above error message on the code below.  Aside from taking it out of the tag, is there something else that I would add to ensure that the code is still doing what that attribute was hoping to do?  I didn't write the code and I am new to ASP.Net.  I got the error message when I opened up the file in Visual Studio.  The attribute has been used in every other file that I have opened so far. <TABLE height="703" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="605" border="0" ms_2d_layout="TRUE"...

Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Element 'input' cannot be nested within element 'tr'
Hi All, I have migrated my ASP.NET 1.1 application to ASP.NET 2.0. I'resolved all errors but following HTML errors are still persisting. Please help me for resolving it. ERRORS:  1. Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Element 'input' cannot be nested within element 'tr'  2.  Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute ;ondrop. is not a valid attributr of element 'iFrame'  3. Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Element PAGERSTYL is not supported  4. Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Element COLUMN is not supported  5. Validat...

validation (xhtml 1.1) : attribute 'align' is not a valid attribute of element 'p'
Hi I am new here in VS2005, when I type <p there is no align attribute for it and I got the error : validation (xhtml 1.1) : attribute 'align' is not  a valid attribute of element 'p' Could you please help me. thanks. Hi, By default Visual Studio 2005 make web forms XHTML 1.1 compliant. This standard is more restrictive than HTML 4, it doesn't allow some form layout directly in code, but you must use style sheet (inline or with an external .css file). An example of inline css : <p style="width: 100px;"></p>---(If this has answered your question, plea...

Migration errors like Attribute 'name' is not a valid attribute of element 'tr'
Hi all i've been having some issues migrating my project. A lot of the coding done for pages are in aspcompat mode with a lot of custom coding like adding custom attributes (pasted an example of the startup of the code below). The person started this project didnt know to much about .net soo he found the compatible mode and continued a lot like asp coding. Which now causing alot of issues migrating. Is it possible to get around these errors. Like this attribute error. Error 1 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute 'name' is not a valid attribute of element 'tr'. c:\inet...

Attribute 'Title' is not a valid attribute of element 'ProviderWebPart'.
I have a webpart project i copied across and after setting up in VS 2005 all good. When i go to the design mode and try and autofornat my webpartzone to for example Simple or Professional. The i try and view it to Design mode i get error saying it can't be switched and then when i complile it i get these errors below !!! arg..   Attribute 'width' is considered outdated. A newer construct is recommended. Attribute 'Title' is not a valid attribute of element 'ProviderWebPart'.   How can i get rid of these stuff.Any ideas naijacoder74 :Attribute ...

Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Element 'triggers' is not supported.
Hi everyone! I Got this error . it just suddenly appear in design mode.  Some ideas?   thanx in advance   Signus...

anchor tag does note have an attribute called target
 All -- Please help. I am trying to put an <a> tag with a "target" attribute on an ASPX page in VS.NET 2005 and the validation says that it is not a valid attribute. I realize the XHTML validation is picky; but, I just do not understand why the "target" attribute is gone and, most importantly, what should be used in its place? With the "target" attribute of an <a> tag, how can create an HTML link and have the href value open in a new browser window? What is the alternate construct to the "target" attribute? This is the culprit code...  <%@ page lang...

Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute is not a valid attribute
Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute <yourExpando> is not a valid attribute of element <yourElement>   How do I turn this "Error" off?   Hasn't MSFT ever heard of expandos?!   Thanks in advance, -Tysonwisdom @ work Expando is essentially any random attribute. Allowing any random attribute to be acceptable is effectively like switching off attribute name validation. A better idea might be to add your attribute to the IE6 validation schema which is an XML schema located in Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Packages\Schemas\HTML - lo...

'Unable to validate data', 'Authentication of viewstate failed', 'Invalid_Viewstate' #2
I' trying to run my web application locally. These are the erros I get on the first postback. However, the initial load works ok. The same web application works fine on a remote server. Iv'e downloaded the .NET1.1 SP1, as it fixes some problems similiar to mine. However the installation has encountered an error, and asked me to debug it. (Funny) So I cancled it, but regretfuly XP update treats it like it's installed. Not sure it is, not sure it isn't, not sure if it'll even help.. Here's the stack trace: [HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to validate data.] System.W...

Validation (XHTML 1.1): Element 'br' cannot be nested within element 'form'
This is not hindering progress in any way but I don't know why Visual Studio is doing this. I have an .aspx page (child to a master page) that indicates certain valid tags are invalid. I get the following mouseover message:"Validation (XHTML 1.1): Element 'br' cannot be nested within element 'form'."This doesn't make sense to me, anchor and break tags are always valid within a form. Here's the simple page code (the error remains even after I have simplified it as such): 1 <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile=&...

Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Text is not allowed between the opening and closing tags for element fieldset'.
I was browsing the source code of Time Tracker using Visual Web Developer Express and found this highlighted :   Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Text is not allowed between the opening and closing tags for element fieldset'.   Of course I just changed the validation schema to HTML 4.01 on Visual Studio Express and the warning was removed but I wonder , I am using internet explorer 6.0 and still it works with my computer but the Validation Schema tells me it should not work. What is going on? Does Windows XP SP2 or the Framework 2.0 have something to do with it? Hi artificer...

Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Text is not allowed between the opening and closing tags for element ul'.
 Hi all, I am using a piece of java script to do a drop down list. The code works fine in mozilla and but IE6.  I am not an expert and I can't see what could cause IE6 a problem. Here is the 'offending' code ul>                            <li><a runat="server" id="HomeLink" class="ActivePage" href="~/Default.aspx">Home</a></li>      ...

Web resources about - 2. Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute ;ondrop. is not a valid attributr of element 'iFrame' - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005