Visual Studio 2005 - Tools > Generate Local Resource file question

When i view a page in design-mode I can generate a local resource file.

When I place a label-control in a r.a.d.splitter control it is not recognized and entered in the resource file. A label-control that is placed outside the splitter-control is created.

What are the rules for this functionality?

Does anyone have a good source on this feature?

Johan Theunissen
MCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006

==============================

JohanNL
11/21/2006 8:37:01 AM
asp.net.localization 2171 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Johan,

GenerateLocalResources looks at properties of each control that is marked with a [Localizable] attribute. If the control doesn't support it then GenerateResources will not find it.

GenerateLocalResources by default iterates through the Controls collection and it knows about a few special collections like columns in grids etc., but it may not know how to iterate through custom controls from third parties and so those keys will not be created. You can hovever attach a meta:resourcekey value on any control - it's just that you have to set it up manually.

Best to check with Telerik...

+++ Rick ---

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies
Making waves on the Web
www.west-wind.com/weblog
0
rstrahl
11/21/2006 8:33:06 PM
Thanx, I will investigate and ask Telerik.
Johan Theunissen
MCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006

==============================

JohanNL

Question: Localizing Images in Visual Studio 2005
Hey. I've created a website that is available in both english and italian. I've gotten the page translated and the text portion works fine. However, I have a couple images that needed to be translated because they contained some text so I have an english version of the image and an italian version of the image. How do I go about localizing these images and displaying it on my page based on the browser default language? I went into my english resource file, then instead of the "strings" view, I went to" images" and simply dragged the english version of the image into this...

Localization and generate local resource
hi all, i am developing a localized site and i used the new implemented feature in asp.net 2 ( Generate local resource ), nice   but the problem is that feature produces a resource file per each page or usercontrol in my application   but is i want to implement it as Dotnetnuke allowing the admin to manage locals,   how to make it in a single resource file making use of that feature. thanks,Ahmed El NobySenior Web DeveloperMCP,MCTS thanks ,   i found my solution and i used App_Globalresources the solution was in this link http://forums.asp.net/911614/S...

'Generate local resource' menu item in Visual Studio and 'provider model'
Hi,         "suppose some one is using his own custom resource provider for storing language specfic text in a database server instead of resource files. If he clicks on Tools->'Generate Local Resource' menu item then will language specific text be pushed in resource files or Sql Server ?" According to my R&D 'resource provider model' does not provide any interface which can implemented to push data in a sql server instead of resource file when ever we click on 'Generate Local Resource' menu item in Tools ...

Generating Local Resource! Folder is created! But no resource is file created!
I have a multi-project web solution! I created local resource file for first project's pages, everything's ok! But when i try to generate local resource for second resource - it only create the folder App_LocalResources and add meta to all controls in page but NOT create any resource file in App_LocalResources folder! I try all web page file in that project but App_LocalResources is still empty! Don't know why! Is there anybody faced with the same problem and find out the solution to solve this! Hi, Is this the startup project of your solution?Zhao Ji MaSincerely,Microsoft Online Communit...

error message: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create the application <application>. The likeliest problem is that required components are not installed on the local Web server."
after enabling ssl using iis certificate services, creating and installing server and client certificates; i encountered this message when i try to reopen the project in vs 2003. how to work with ssl web apps in vs.net. please reply asap......

Generate Local Resource question
In design-mode you can easily create a Local Resource file by clicking the "Options/Generate Local Resource" menu. But when I do this on a file that is in a folder (so no root file), then the local resource file is created in a new folder "App_LocalResources" that is created in that folder. How can I prevent this? Is there a way the system can generate the file in the "App_LocalResources" folder in the root?Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". hi Johan,  in your solution explore...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Generate Local Resource file problem
when i generate local resource file class=' <%= (Identity.Dirc=="rtl")?"class":"classEn" %>'automatic remove  <%= (Identity.Dirc=="rtl")?"class":"classEn" and tag of class be empty why ???????????nushahi Can u check wot is the values of'<%= (Identity.Dirc=="rtl")?"class":"classEn" %>'also there is extra space after class='see class=' <%= (Identity.Dirc=="rtl")?"class":"classEn" %>' that cud be a probl...

Can I Have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 together?
Hi everyone. Can I have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 installed in the same machine? I want to install Studio 2005 but I do not want to uninstall Studio.NET yet. Thanks!C# I am running VS 2003 and VS 2005 together with no problems.Martin Lawrence, MCSE, CNE, A+ Recut Technologies Ltd. http://www.recut.com Yes, they can be installed side-by-side. I have it installed side-by-side on my computer and it works perfectly without any conflicts. I even think there is a Version Selector (not something you have to install as it is installed by default) which will make sure your pro...

Running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine.
Hi there,   I have many projects i develop and continue to maintain on my server. Visual Studio .NET 2003 is currently installed and is what i use to do this. I'd really like to install Visual Studio 2005 and give that a whirl on the same machine, and perhaps develop upcoming sites with it also.I understand that upon installation of VS 2005 it will install the 2.0 Framework. Will this effect my 1.1 sites at all? Does the 2.0 Framework upgrade the 1.1 framework, or does it leave the 1.1 framework intact so older projects can still use it?Any advice would be welcome! :)Thanks,Cr...

Web resources about - Visual Studio 2005 - Tools > Generate Local Resource file question - asp.net.localization

Facebook Testing ‘Select Ad Variations To Generate’ Option In Power Editor?
Facebook appears to be testing a new feature in Power Editor that allows users to more easily test different versions of their ads. continued… ...

Study: Facebook Page Post Ads generate 14% higher ROI for retail sector than Marketplace ads
Page Post Ads in the Facebook News Feed generate 14 percent higher return on investment for companies in the retail sector compared to Marketplace ...

In the Germany iPhone app market, how many downloads/day does one need to generate to become a Top 10 ...
Answer (1 of 3): It highly depends on the country of course. For Germany it takes on a typical day 4k downloads to hit the Top Overall 50 free ...

App Store - iRobohash - Generate unique Robot for you
Get iRobohash - Generate unique Robot for you on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - Google Webmaster Tools - Generate robots.txt - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Generate Electricity with Peltier Module - The Seebeck Effect - YouTube
How to generate electricity with a Peltier module and the Seebeck effect along with info about the difference between a thermoelectric cooler ...

Andy Murray's moan over grunting just generates a groan
While Rafael Nadal was repositioning himself among the game's big four last week, Andy Murray was groaning about his opponents grunting to a ...

Inferno expected to generate abnormal, high-altitude cloud
A bizarre weather phenomenon known as a fire cloud is likely to form over the fire raging between Lithgow and Bilpin if weather conditions deteriorate ...

Westfield deal generates $69.5m in banker fees
J.P. Morgan, Rothschild, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, UBS and Morgan Stanley are among a host of investment banks to receive millions in fees.

The Rio dilemma: how to generate green energy, and share it fairly
The Rio dilemma: how to generate green energy, and share it fairly