Just Getting Started

Another newbie here just getting started with the recommended way to globalize/localize. I've looked at sample documentation and tutorials but I'm still not 100% clear on a couple of things...

I want to provide de, fr, es, and it versions of my site. I want to default to en whenever there is a bit of content that isn't provided in the other resource files. So my plan is to have these resource files, split into navigation and content resources:
navigation.resources (default english text)
navigation.de.resources (german text)
....etc.
content.resources (default english)
content.de.resources (german)
....etc.
I want to use the satellite assembly deploy method, and here is where I'm most confused. Tutorials recommend compiling the default into the "main" dll. I assume that would be the overall application dll for the web site (the only one in my /bin directory so far)? So if my existing dll for the application is "abc.dll", my link statements will look something like:
al /embed:resources/navigation.resources /out:bin/abc.dll
al /embed:resources/navigation.de.resources /out:bin/de/navigation.de.dll /c:de
Is that right, or do I have to specify a "default" culture for the resources file that's getting compiled into the default dll? If so, what is the "default" culture constant for the /c: switch?
0
khinkle13
4/1/2004 10:34:15 PM
asp.net.localization 2171 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Truely just getting started, so where should I start?
I've already been working a thread on a good reference/learning book.  but truely I'm just getting started.  I've a background with HTML and some CSS But this is my first foray into any sort of application language.  I've had an interest in PHP and ASP but have only recently started to make the effort to learn.  I'm starting with the videos available here and they are great for learning the development application but I've not the programming background to easily absorb some of the more programming based processes.  I've no college resources where I'm at other than o...

Free .Net and Sql Server Training Videos for Developers just getting started
I figured since this is the Getting started forum I would mention a great .Net training video site with some free videos.http://www.TechnicalVideos.netThanksMike James...

just getting started..
hello, my name is nick, i am 14, and i am moving from doing static html sites to doing asp.net sites. i am looking for some good video tutorials on microsoft web developer 2008, i am posting here because most of the ones i find on google are about developer 2005. the topics i am most interested in are a good overview of the tools and some of the functions, and a good database overview, not really particular to anything, seeing as i have used sql databases only a little,  but anything would help and would be much appreciated. also a question, can you create a connection to a database eve...

Just getting started
Name: Noel B Email: kalayaanxpatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Just getting started Comments: All the function menus are the same less the search engines and ads, expecting a much faster web browsing ("I Hope...") Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Dealio Toolbar 3.4 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Just getting started
Is there a tutorial for VWD? I am just getting started. I have it installed but I'm not sure where to even begin. I can write code but I am just trying to understand how to use VWD to begin developing a site. Take a look at the Visual Web Developer for Beginners video series. HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question...

Just getting started
Name: James Drummond Email: jamesatboomopdotco.uk Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 Summary: Just getting started Comments: Looking good so far. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061204 GranParadiso/3.0a1 ...

Just getting started...
Hello, I'm just getting started with openSUSE. I'm about as green as they come. My wife's hard drive died and rather than shell out $200 for another copy of windows, I'm wanting to migrate to Linux. I've been wanting to do it for a while now but I haven't really had the motivation until now. Having said that, I got as far as downloading the .iso file. The part I'm stuck with is checking the MD5sum. How necessary is it really to do that? I downloaded MD5DEEP and ran it but all it does is open a dos command window but never prompts me. Any assista...

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

Just Started Getting Spam
Yes I know I'm lucky, but I have just started getting spam. I wondered if my address has been harvested from another persons infected machine by the current round of virii. Is that possible? Regards "Terry" <yoo_hoo_2000@REMOVETHISntlworld.com> wrote in message news:bmj509$26v$1@news.grc.com... > Yes I know I'm lucky, but I have just started getting spam. I wondered if my > address has been harvested from another persons infected machine by the > current round of virii. Is that possible? > Regards Yes that is possible. Plus a load more. Includi...

Just getting started #2
Name: Tom Murphy Email: murphyatbizpacificdotcom Product: Shiretoko Alpha 2 Summary: Just getting started Comments: Anxious to try this new release.. I'll keep you informed as I progress.. Tom Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1) Gecko/20090806 Namoroka/3.6a1 GTB5 From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/3.6a1/firstrun/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Just the basics to get me started
I am reading a book in regards to ASP, I am trying to figure out how to use ASP to interact with an access database for work. I will have the databse on the same server that hosts the web site. What I want to do is a little lengthy but please bear with me..... Assuming that the database has 3 tables, the PERSON table, the OCCU table, and the ASGN table; the first two (PERSON and OCCU) have a common field of the SSN (social security number). The first and third have a common value that is the ASN (asigned sequence number). I want to connect to the database through a web page tha...

Web resources about - Just Getting Started - asp.net.localization

An Australian beach tribute to Paris attack victims
The normally serene Henley Beach, near Adelaide in South Australia, was transformed into a sea of blue, red and white umbrellas; as part of a ...

Justin Bieber Performs Medley in the Rain at AMAs 2015
Justin Bieber takes the stage (in the pouring rain) to close out the show at the 2015 American Music Awards held at the Microsoft Theater on ...

Pentatonix Pays Amazing Tribute to 'Star Wars' at AMAs 2015
The members of Pentatonix – Avi Kaplan, Scott Hoying, Kirstin Maldonado, Kevin Olusola, and Mitch Grassi – hit the stage for an amazing Star ...

Joyce Carol Oates ISIS Comments Enrage Public: Can The Islamic State Be ‘Celebratory And Joyous’?
Joyce Carol Oates is the kind of novelist from whom one can expect timely commentary. Even her fiction has always been plugged into a deeper ...

McIlroy wins Race to Dubai with UAE title
ESPN McIlroy wins Race to Dubai with UAE title The Augusta Chronicle The third-ranked golfer in the world shot 6-under-par 66 with eight birdies ...

Jason Hatcher Accuses Officials of Making Bad Calls Against Washington Redskins Because of Their Nickname ...
MUST WATCH- #Redskins Jason Hatcher on his frustration with refs & how it feels personal because of the team’s name pic.twitter.com/lswvyP5FW4 ...

Alabama Republican Has Some Thoughts on All These Dang Syrian Refugees
Were you just saying to yourself how the world could really use more insane rhetoric on the ongoing Syrian refugee crisis? Weh-heh-hell , here ...

Bay Area woman speaks out after Southwest flight headed for LAX diverted due ...
abc7news.com Bay Area woman speaks out after Southwest flight headed for LAX diverted due ... abc7news.com A Bay Area woman was on a Southwest ...

‘The Walking Dead’ Spoilers: Steven Yeun Talks Glenn’s Fate — Will Negan And Lucille Hit The ‘TWD’ Finale ...
Anyone reading The Walking Dead spoilers knows that Glenn is alive, but the question remains if his doom still lies around the corner. After ...

'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2' debuts to nearly $250 million globally
“The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2” may have fallen short of expectations in the U.S. and Canada, but the series finale starring Jennifer Lawrence ...