How to get encoding of string

I need to get encoding of some string. how can I do it? Thanks
Ireland's classifieds | UK classifieds
0
Skiff
2/13/2004 6:13:59 PM
asp.net.localization 2171 articles. 0 followers. Follow

To Encode String or to Not Encode String... Answer?
I am importing a CSV file from a Unix server as a string, and then saving the string into a new file for later processing.  However, this process does not always work.  As this CSV file is VERY, VERY large, I am unable to immediately tell if the fault lies with my code, or the CSV file provider (very possible).  The only time I can tell that this happened is when the data is not populated the next morning.  The fault appears to lie in there being extra or missing commas, as when I try to run the data import manually, STRINGs are attempted to be inserted into INT...

how to get all localizations of a string?
Hi - I am wondering how to get all localizations of a string. For example, lets say my extension has an xyz.properties file localized for en-US, de-DE and fr-FR. Then from Javascript, I'd like to get the english, german and french translations of a string in xyz.properties, regardless of the current locale. One guess I had at how to do this was to have multiple stringbundle elements - each with a "src" attribute corresponding to a locale, eg: "chrome://myapp/locale/de-DE/xyz.properties" But that url causes nsiStringBundle.GetStringFromName to thro...

How to get a localized string
Couldn't find this in the FAQ... If I create a datetime with a locale, $dt = DateTime->now(locale=>'fr_FR'); I know there is a locale in that datetime object... $dt->locale and I know that locale knows what formatting it prefers (such as day-month-year versus month-day-year abbreviations). But is there an less verbose way to pull it out than this: $dt->strftime($dt->locale->date_formats->{'medium'}); I was hoping for something like $dt->medium_format.... does it exist? -Doug On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Doug Trede...

How to get all localizations of a string? #2
Hi, I have an extension with strings localized in several languages. How do I get string localization in ANY locale regardless of the current locale? For example, I can easily get string for the current locale: var strBndlSvc = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/intl/stringbundle; 1"]. getService(Components.interfaces.nsIStringBundleService); var bundle = strBndlSvc.createBundle("chrome://smarttemplate/locale/ calender.properties"); var text = bundle.GetStringFromName("XY"); But how do I get the string for e.g. en-US locale? Using "chrome://...

Cannot get connection string to work with local
 In an app.config located in our DL, I cannot seem to get this working on my local database.  I get the infamous remote connections not enabled and they difintely are (I have Remote and TCP/IP_ enabled for remote.  I also have put the right permissions on those tables. <configuration>    <configSections>    </configSections>    <connectionStrings>        <add name="DAL.Properties.Settings.xxxProcessConnectionString"        ...

getting value from string (VB .net)
HiJust a quickie (i hope) - i'm trying to get a value from a string but not sure what method to use.Eg Dim myString As String = "(ng) nottingham"How would i get the value between the parentheses - ng?  The values are either going to be a single or two characters if this helps?I can think of a work around using myString.IndexOf() but i'm sure there must be a specific function for this problem? thanks  Hey, You could loop through the three or four characters, use the Substring method and trim/remove the parens, or you can use regular expressions.Brian"Trust in the Lord a...

Which approach is better to get localized strings in my case?
Hello, My software has a function to print invoices for all active customers at once. But we have customers from different countries, so they need invoices in their languages. So, every Customer object has CultureInfo property. Here is one approach to solve the problem: public static class ResourceHelper { public static ResourceManager ResourceManager = new ResourceManager( "ProjectName.Resources.CustomerStrings.CustomerStrings", Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly()); } // ... string invoice = ResourceHelper.ResourceManager.GetString( "invoice", ...

Encode string to html string
I need to convert a text string ("Dewey & Cheatham & Howe") to an XML encoded string ("Dewey &amp; Cheatham &amp; Howe"). I am not building an XML document, I am just trying to convert a single string. I have looked at the System.Xml namespace, but I can't quite find what I need. XmlTextWriter.WriteString() does the type of encoding I need, but it writes the string. I just want it to return the encoded string. Can someone tell me the class and method I need? Thanks. Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008http://www.linqdev.comhttp://www.ne...

.NET code to get local path to wwwroot?
I have been tasked to work on an IIS + ASP.NET based website that (among other things) accepts file uploads and stores them (using PostFile.SaveAs) to an "images" folder underneath the root of the web application (i.e., "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\images\file.jpg"). Later on it uses HTML image tags to access these files via their relative paths from the web root folder (i.e. "~\images\file.jpg"). My problem is that I'd like to change the code away from having a hardcoded hard drive location to which the files are saved, to instead saving them to a location relative ...

getting base64 encoded string using IdHttp
yes hello good to be back... so i have written a REST server in PHP to talk to my IdHttp client that base64 encodes a jpeg in order to send the data in a record "packet" of my own design. I then use a TStringList.delimitedText to read the received packet and parse the results into key/value pairs (kind of a homestyle JSON format). this is working well for all the other data, but it seems that the base64 field is being limited to 4096 bytes when i call the RawByteString thumb64 := tsServerReply.Values['base64field']; the original 'base64field' i...

how can detect string encoding in c#.net
Hi everyone how can i detect user input string encoding.... which text box to allow user input..... I want to know the string is unicode or big5..... can anyone help me! thanks   .NET string is a sequential collection of Unicode characters. The whole purpose of Unicode makes precise encoding detection very difficult if not impossible. http://www.codeproject.com/KB/recipes/DetectEncoding.aspx makes a very good attempt, not 100% bullet-proof, but it is like "best-bet".Please Mark the post as "Answer" if it solves your problem.http://www.dot...

VB.NET: Get the Attribute and Text out from Xml string
Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between <code> and </code> tags. Say I have this Xml taken as an example: <Settings> <Connection> <UserID>sa</UserID> <DataSource>Server</DataSource> <InitialCatalog>Database</InitialCatalog> </Connection> </Settings> To get the Xml text is: Dim m_xmld As XmlDocument Dim m_nodelist As XmlNodeList Dim m_node As XmlNode m_xmld = New XmlDocument() m_xmld.Load("Settings.xml") ...

System.Net.Mail
Hi and thanks for your help!! I have a window that pops up to send an email to a person using the following javascript: <script type="text/javascript"> //<![CDATA[function OnClientCommandExecuting(editor, args) {var commandName = args.get_commandName(); var strEmail = document.getElementById("PersonsEmail").value;if (args.get_commandName() == "SendEmail") { var oWnd = radopen("sendemail.aspx?email=" + strEmail, "rwEmail"); oWnd.center();args.set_cancel(true); } }   //]]> </script>   On the email ...

NET::LDAP, somewhere the new userPassword gets base64 encoded
I'am using the Perl Net::LDAP Module with openldap-2.3.24 (uses LDAP protocol Version 3). I need to update the userPassword field, the problem is that somewhere in the middle the new password i'am giving gets base64 encoded. As to my understanding i'am preparing the whole password. In the password i'am putting first the encoding type: {MD5}, {SSHA}, etc and then the hash. No matter what i do, even the supposed encoding type gets base64 encoded once in the Server. I'am not sure if it is Net::LDAP or the server itself who is doing this: I've tried ...

Web resources about - How to get encoding of string - asp.net.localization

Encoding (memory) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Visual, acoustic, and semantic encodings are the most intensively used. Other encodings are also used. Acoustic encoding is the encoding of auditory ...

Twitter image encoding challenge
If a picture's worth 1000 words, how much of a picture can you fit in 140 characters? Note : That's it folks! Bounty deadline is here, and after ...

【medical-news】Genetic Variation in NR1H4 Encoding the Bile Acid Receptor FXR - 医药生命科学动态跟踪 -丁香园论坛
Context: Bile acid signaling via farnesoid X receptor (FXR) regulates glucose and lipid levels, fat mass, and hepatic steatosis in animal models.Objective: ...

HandBrake Open Source video transcoder v0.10 released with hundreds of new features including H.265 and ...
... can be used for transcribing many different types of files/codecs to almost any other. Today’s headliner updates include H.265 and VP8 encoding. ...

CJK Type - CJK Fonts, Character Sets & Encodings. All CJK. All of the time.
As I wrote nearly a year ago , the Adobe-Identity-0 ROS is useful for building special-purpose fonts, especially CJK ones whose glyph coverage ...

Link Encoding Goes Mobile With Deep Links From Bitly
... Facebook and Google have been competing to bring the best solution for tracking deeplinks . This week, Bitly announced its own linking encoding ...

Encoding Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News
Latest Encoding Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News

AirMovie - Enjoy the videos in your PC anytime, anywhere with NO ENCODING!!
Holen Sie sich „AirMovie - Enjoy the videos in your PC anytime, anywhere with NO ENCODING!!“ im App Store. Sehen Sie sich Screenshots, Bewertungen ...

More tips on encoding video for Apple TV and iPod, from us to you
Apple tells video podcasters how to encode their content, which is also useful …

Handbrake 0.9.6 gives some, takes some encoding features
The Handbrake Project has announced an update to its open-source, cross-platform video transcoding utility. Handbrake 0.9.6 includes new and ...