how can we give text decorations on a button;i am keeping resource files for the button

Hi all

how can we give text decorations on a button;i am keeping resource files for the button

i would like to use below written like localization with asp button control

 <asp:Label ID="lblFerryNo" runat="server" Text="Ferry <u>N</u>umber:" AccessKey="N"
                                            AssociatedControlID="txtFerryNo" meta:resourcekey="lblFerryNoResource1"></asp:Label>

but i cannt acheive localization instead i am getting like this( "Ferry <u>N</u>umber") on control text

Thanks

Pandian

0
gspandian
1/15/2008 3:33:24 PM
asp.net.localization 2171 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check your resource file and make sure that you have a resource for lblFerryNoResource1.Text in the language you are running. If you don't the default text is used.

 Also check in Visual Studio by compiling the project. If there are problems with the resource provider or missing resources you should see errors in the error list which hopefully can provide more info on what's wrong.

 +++ Rick ---

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies
Making waves on the Web
www.west-wind.com/weblog
0
rstrahl

Radio button list, how to display text under the button or before the button?
Hello Everyone, I am using radio button list in web form in horizontal direction. Radio button are coming first then text relevant to button. I want radio buttons to be displayed in that text should be displayed in bottom of radio button. (it is just like radio button in 1st row and text in 2nd row). Please also guide how I can display text before radio button. Thanks in anticipation, Regards, Haansi Use TextAlign for the right/left.  To have the text show below the radio button, I can only think of using RadioButton controls instead, ...

I Want to create a tool box,toolbox contains image button and fileupload.These two buttons can be added at runtime(user can add any number of image button and fileupload button dynamically by click)
I Want to create a tool box,toolbox contains image button and fileupload buttons.These two buttons can be added at runtime(user can add any number of image button and fileupload button dynamically by click).for every image user will browse images using fileuploader and he will add the image to that imagebutton at runtime. how to write server side coding to upload the selected image and to set that image to imagebutton at runtime? is it possible? any other way to do it?  advance thanks ask123: I Want to create a tool box,toolbox contains image button and fileupload b...

when is button not a button?
How can I substitute an .gif file for the default display of the button? I know there must be a simple way to do so.iisdem furoribus Use an asp:imagebutton and set the ImageUrl ... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemWebUIWebControlsImageButtonClassTopic.asp...

How to give default button click for a button when hitting enter button
Hi I have 3 asp buttons in a aspx page. Ih these two of them comes in a usercontrols. So when Iam just entering the enter key the submit action occures of the usercontrol button. So how can I make the enter button action to my asp button which come in the aspx page. Thanks Have you tried setting the DefaultButton property of the form? http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.htmlcontrols.htmlform.defaultbutton(VS.80).aspx"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." Hi rajesh_...

how localize the button control accoring to resource file
 helllo every body....       plz help me any body...i m get frestated... when i change the culture of the page(into hindi),  the button controls are not change according to the resource file...On buttons unicodes are displayed...when i check the value property of button in html. i found....<input type="submit" name="Button1" value="&amp;#2360;&amp;#2376;" id="Button1" /> in place of <input type="submit" name="Button1" value="&#2360;&#2376;" id="Button1" ...

Sort link button by text of button?
I have more than 30 link buttons on the page. How to sort link buttons by text of buttons?     Where do you get the text?  Assuming they're in a DataGrid or similar templated control, the easiest way to do this is going to be to sort the datasource and then bind to the control.    Otherwise, you're going to have to put all that text into an array or datatable or something else, and then sort that.HTH, Peter BrunoneMS MVP, ASP.NETFounder, EasyListBox.comDo the impossible, and go home early....

Button Button who's got the Button
I just started learning Visual Studio.NET so I'm sure there is some stupid setting I am overlooking, but here is my dilema. I've created a new webform WebForm1.aspx. Then I have placed a Button control on my webform and added some simple C# code to the Click event. Last I Build and Browse WebForm1.aspx, but lo and behold no button! I view the source and I can see the code for the button but it won't show in the browser. So I looked around and found another Button control on the HTML section of the toolbox. When I place that on my webform with the same C# click code, the button does show on t...

i need to have a page with text box and button on... people will put email in text box and press button....
then i need to check that email against database entries and if it matches an entry i need to go to another page if not then a different one.. Can anyone help. please. i use VB. not sure how far you are on this so I'll start at the beginning...  not sure where you need the detail so i'l start out high level..  1.  create stored procedure in database accepting string (email) and returning integer (select count(*) from whatevertable where whatevercolumn=@email) 2.  create function to call procedure passing in email: private function DoesEmailExist(txtEmail) as ...

How to get the Button text from a gridview button field?
I have a gridview that is linked to a DB. The first column are buttons. The text of the buttons is the index pulled from the DB. What I want to do is get the button text when the user clicks on it so that I can use that in a SQL statment to get further information about the record.        I am currently using a set SQL in the Gridview1_RowCommand event which then gets the info from the DB. Is this the right event to use? It is working. I'm new to using the gridview and ASP.net so treat me like a dummy which in this case I am ;-).   Thanks, Ty Su...

replacing a button with a text onclick of a button in gridview
 Hi Guys,  Is there a way I can replace a gridview button with a text when someone clicks on that button ? For Example: Like in Airplane, when it gives a option for selecting seats, so in accordance to this all open seats, in my case, are all the rows with a button and all  taken seats are rows with a name of a passenger instead of a button.S on open seat if someone clicks on a button, now the button will be replaced by passengers name.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance  Hey Kevin,I'm not 100% sure I understand what you&...

Can i create button at .ascx include file and run at .aspx file?
Navigator bar like 'First,Previous,Next,Last' button are most common use. When i create a .aspx file i have to add navigator bar at every page. Can i create a .ascx include file and put navigator bar in the .ascx file at once, so every .aspx file will include the same .ascx file. But how to do it? who can help You might want to create a .ascx web control with the navigation bar in it. But to include it in every .aspx page you need to drag and drop the .ascx web control onto the .aspx page. The other way you can do this is by creating a class and adding the .dll file created into you...

Why the TextBox.text can not be changed after tying new text and clicking the Submit button?
In the following coding, why the NewPath still had the CurDir() as the 'txtDirectory.Text',after I typed a new directory into the textbox of the txtDirectory?  Thanks. Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.LoadtxtDirectory.Text = CurDir()End Sub Protected Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSubmit.ClickDim NewPath As StringDim ErrorMessage As StringDim ContentItem As String' NewPath holds the path the user has entered.NewPath = txtDirectory.Text' Change the location to New...

When I upload a text file from client to server using stream, how can I guarantee that the uploaded text file can be displayed correctly?
When I upload a text file from client to server using stream, how can I guarantee that the uploaded text file can be displayed correctly? A user want to upload a text file from client PC to server (normally it is Windows 2003), but I'm not sure which OS it is in client, maybe it is a english version Windows or chinese Windows (default encoding is GB2312).so the encoding of text file in client maybe is ASCII or GB2312.I think that "StreamReader myRead= new StreamReader(FileUpload1.PostedFile.InputStream,Encoding.Default) will be run in server,so "Encoding.Default" will be the default encodin...

Buttons Creating Buttons
I'm working on a web app where I dynamically add controls depending on the results from a sql query, no problem so far. One of the controls is a button that calls an event. Within that event I dynamically add some more controls to the page, including some more buttons that are supposed to call other events. Here is the problem, the second level of buttons do not call their events. You click the button and the page does a postback without the button events firing. From what I've found the reason is that the assigning of the event handler for the second buttons happens in an ...

Web resources about - how can we give text decorations on a button;i am keeping resource files for the button - asp.net.localization

Reserve Force Decoration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Reserve Force Decoration (postnominal RFD ) is an Australian Military award given for long service by officers of the Reserve Forces. It ...

Christmas behind bars for woman who, court told, stole cherries, decorations, then drove at police
... to her about a theft from a Melbourne shopping centre won't be home for the holidays. A Melbourne woman accused of stealing Christmas decorations ...

Hobart's Christmas decorations dismissed as possibly the worst in Australia
Hobart's Deputy Lord Mayor has vowed to put the 'ho ho ho' back into Hobart next Christmas, after criticising the city's tired decorations.

Life hack: Better ways to store your Christmas decorations until next year
Happy New Year! Now that the major holidays are past us, it's time to start thinking about taking down all those Christmas decorations and keep ...

Christmas decorations around the world - Business Insider Deutschland
People from around the world share their favorite decoration and the touching stories behind them. Balsam Hill An ornament from Dhaka, Bangladesh. ...

Cat Is Alarmed By Out Of Season Halloween Decorations
Submitted by: (via kyoot animals ) Tagged: halloween , decoration , Cats Share on Facebook

Holiday decorations can be safety risk
Laser light holiday decorations can be a blinding hazard for aircraft pilots.

Those Gas Pump “Anti-Skimming” Stickers Are Really Just Pointless Decoration
More than four years ago, a number of gas stations in the U.S. started slapping stickers on gas pump credit card readers in an effort to cut ...

Are Your Christmas Decorations Still Up in February? It's Bad Luck
There are still some Christmas decorations lingering around Chicago.

Cool Turkey Day decorations
Cool Turkey Day decorations