COM Class error 80040154

Hello, I have been stuck with this error for a while now and really want to get it fixed. The catch here is, i need to rewrite code and update it. when i use the old code the page loads as its supposed to do, but on the new page it gives the following error:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {CEF57A3B-0C6A-4D88-8167-C8473751AA8D} failed due to the following error: 80040154. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {CEF57A3B-0C6A-4D88-8167-C8473751AA8D} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Before the common things start pouring in...
regsvr32 - Gives error "entry point not found, further google had no usable results"
regasm /tlb: - "no .NET dll file"-ish error
no debug platform to set to x86 nor x64 only .NET
No registry key with the CLSID
No component in the DCOMConfig
Its a custom dll file, so most pages are useless since they reference to Excel or some other application

thanks in advance

0
Meganutter
5/1/2009 8:34:10 AM
asp.net.integration 1945 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Where is the new page located?

Is this because Microsoft Office is not installed on the server?

This describes a permissions related problem - is the new page in a different website / app pool?

This lists some other 80040154 issues:

0
rtpHarry
5/1/2009 10:23:34 AM

 im sorry, i might have described that part wrong...

its -not- an office application, its a -custom- dll

and the search results all point to the list of things i already tried

0
Meganutter

Retrieving COM class factory failed due to the following error: 80040154
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {60434CA9-132A-11D5-B14F-00C04F79D784} failed due to the following error: 80040154. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {60434CA9-132A-11D5-B14F-00C04F79D784} failed due to the following error: 800...

.NET classes hindering .net assembly from being com?
I posted an earlier thread about instanciating a .net assembly from a com client, like an asp page. My problem was that no matter what I did, I could not get the class to instaciate, so I could not call any methods on that class. After quite a bit of trial and error, as far as weak and strong named assemblies, GAC, etc, I came to the conclusion that the object WAS being referenced properly, therefore it was not a problem getting access to the object's class declaration. My problem was that everytime I called a method on the object, I got a "object not set to instance" error. ...

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
Hi, I know this is common question for most of the people faced that while creating word document in windows server 2003 aqfte deployment, got the error when i am trying to open the word file or creating word file Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154. When i deployed in my local server(window server2003),It has given all permision and also given impersinate=true , username='xxxx' ,password='xxxxx'.At that case it works fine.But the servr people wont ...

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
 I am trying to get the name of an excel spreadsheet... after the following code, this error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154. is generated. Please help.Public Function getexcelsheet(ByVal strfilenameonly As String) Dim objExcel As Excel.ApplicationDim objWorkBook As Excel.Workbook Dim totalWorkSheets As Excel.Worksheet Dim ExcelSheetName As String = ""objExcel = New Excel.Application objWorkBook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open(Server.MapPath("/" & strFil...

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {5D34E962-9F95-4D92-917F-F9B1A4F2BC6E} failed due to the following error: 80040154
Hello,   I am writing a simple web service that instantiates a very simple COM object and then makes a call to the object...  All parts are very simple so that i can atleast see that it works. My web service consists of one Web method... See below... ... TEMPCONVERTLibClass instance; instance = new TEMPCONVERTLibClass(); ...[WebMethod(Description="Sample function to access tempconvert object", TransactionOption=System.EnterpriseServices.TransactionOption.RequiresNew)]public double CelsToFahren(double val) { double far = 0.0; try { instance.CelsiusToFahrenhei...

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {4764040E-4222-4DEC-9F2E-82D46E212B3A} failed due to the following error: 80040154
Hi all, I am using :1. Windows XP-Visual Studio 20052. Fast Report Studio (www.fast-report.com)I have used FastReport Studio (FastReport3.dll) in my ASP.NET webapplication project,Every thing is ok and execute my project and generate report BUT when  i deploy it in IIS, the error comes as Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {4764040E-4222-4DEC-9F2E-82D46E212B3A} failed due to the following error: 80040154  Please note that we have tried registering the fastreport3.dll. The error is still present .Can anyone please let us know a solution ...

Memory management for .NET classes inheriting from COM classes
Hi all, I do hope this is the right place. Our ASP.NET app uses numerous COM DLLs and we have created a seperate .NET assembly that extends the functionality of some of those DLLs (extra methods, properties, etc) and the classes therein inherit from the COM classes using 'inherits'.  I am trying to work out how i can use 'ReleaseComObject' to release the object the .NET class is derived from when the object is finished with.  It doesn't seem right to use it on the .NET derived class. [eg. ReleaseComObject(clsDotNetClassDerivedFromCOM) ].Is there any way to call this release functi...

COM .NET Interop
Hi, I need help here.. I have this problem.I have COM VB6 that call a .NET class library, and this class library use the .NET SAP Conector to extract the information from SAP. I receive the information from SAP in a DataTable, the problem here is that I dont how to return this DataTable to VB6 COM. I made a test, and I can return a String to COM and basic types, but I dont know how to do it with this DataTable.Thanks for your helpI really appreciate. One alternative might be to add the DataTable to a DataSet and then convert the DataSet to an XML string using WriteXml(). That said, quic...

.NET to COM question ( Dictionary in COM and .NET dictionary)
 I need to write a data access code to replace the method of GetPerson() in COM data access, since the existing method is too slow. .NET can reduce the database round trips by using the dataset. The existing COM data access will stay except the GetPerson() method. So I am going to call the .NET getPerson() mehtod from the COM,  The original GetPerson() method in COM just go to data base, pull data from 7 tables and write to dictionary.  If the .NET getPerson() can populate the COM Dictionary, that would be great! I know .NET object can be directly assign t...

Error creating a new Integration Services package
I'm trying to maintain and/or create a new SSIS package using the Viisual Studio 2005 product. If click File>New>Project , I get the new project options panel displayed and complete as appropriate. On pressing OK , it comes back withUnable to generate a temporary class (result=1)error CS0007 : Unexpected common language runtime initialization error -- ''I've un-installed and re-installed several times , but still cannot progress any further. The installation is part of the SQL Server 2005 , Integration Services.Other web resources I've looked at do not have th...

ERROR: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available
Hello! I get the error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 Anyone got a clue why I get that error? Thanks, Henrik Henrik Wallentin wrote: > I get the error: > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of > the requested protocol class is av...

I couldn't install Visual Studio.Net 2003, while installing an error message "Internal Error is comming"
[DMW: deleted due to the length of the log, and what follows is what's important][09/29/05,14:28:23] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: ***ERRORLOG EVENT*** : ACTION FAILURE: Action ended 14:28:23: CADpc.D0DF3458_A845_11D3_8D0A_0050046416B9. Return value 3. See MSI log for details.[09/29/05,14:28:23] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: ***ERRORLOG EVENT*** : ACTION FAILURE: Action ended 14:28:23: INSTALL. Return value 3. See MSI log for details.[09/29/05,14:28:30] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: MsiInstallProduct return cod...

Error; Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {8A95B73E-2FD7-4A4D-B215-FEA9F6F850EA} failed due to the following error: 80070005
Hi         I'm using a 3rd party component for mapping the existing report(SIMX). They provide a setup for their software. I tested it is working fine. On deployment in the server I got an component error. So I decided to uninstall the software locally and tried with the required dll component. Now I.m gotting the below error. Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {8A95B73E-2FD7-4A4D-B215-FEA9F6F850EA} failed due to the following error: 80070005. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the...

Class Not Registered (80040154) error
Hi everybody. I do not know whether this is the right forum, but if anyone knows, they should be in here. I've recently installed Windows 2003 Server and at the same time i've moved a large ASP application to this server. I'm getting a lot of errors in conjunction with data access. The error looks like this: Provider error '80040154' Class not registered .... Line # The error seems to be happening at my RS.Update statement. I hope someone has a solution to this problem as it's killing my whole application atm. Best Regards Mark did you installed MDAC? ...

Web resources about - COM Class error 80040154 - asp.net.integration

Apple is apparently trying to make your music sound far better
Apple is reportedly looking at developing a high quality audio format, according to Mac Otakaka . The blog cites anonymous sources at a music ...

Miss Universe mistake crowns Colombia before Philippines
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The Colombian contestant was already wearing this year's Miss Universe crown when host Steve Harvey returned to announce on ...

Emergency on Air France flight a "false alarm," CEO says
By James Regan and Joseph Akwiri PARIS/MOMBASA, Kenya (Reuters) - A suspicious device found on an Air France flight from Mauritius to Paris that ...

Spanish election: national newcomers end era of two-party dominance - World news - The Guardian
Podemos and Ciudadanos will hold balance of power in forthcoming coalition talks after People’s party fail to win clear majority

Overlooked Safety Risks Added to Landslide in China, Reports Say
New York Times Overlooked Safety Risks Added to Landslide in China, Reports Say New York Times HONG KONG — As rescuers searched Monday for ...

Hundreds protest release of New Delhi rapist
Salt Lake Tribune Hundreds protest release of New Delhi rapist Salt Lake Tribune Indian youth shout slogans as they are detained by police ...

Ted Cruz Maintains Big Lead in Iowa
Here's more for the "establishment is doomed" files : Ted Cruz maintains a strong lead over Donald Trump in Iowa, according to the results of ...

Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini BANNED by FIFA from all football activities
The decision brings a definitive end to Blatter and Platini's control of the sport with both unable to run for FIFA presidency in February and ...

Tim Cook talks about the future of Apple in 60 Minutes interview
This weekend's episode 60 Minutes on CBS featured a detailed look at Apple, with in-depth interviews with Angela Ahrendts, Apple's head of retail, ...

SpaceX delays launch and landing test of Falcon 9 rocket
(By Irene Klotz, Reuters) – Elon Musk’s SpaceX on Sunday postponed launch of an upgraded Falcon 9 rocket and an attempt to land the booster at ...