Cannot Instantiate Excel Application

Hi All,

I'm trying to instantiate an Excel Application on my Windows 2003 (x64) Server.  Like most people, the application run perfectly on my local XP machine.  Here's what I have done so far:

1) Installed Excel 2007 (just Excel, not the entire Office Standard suite)

2) Installed the Office Interop Assemblies (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=59daebaa-bed4-4282-a28c-b864d8bfa513&displaylang=en)

3) Set launch permissions for NETWORK SERVICE and ASPNET using DCOMCNFG

4) Installed .net 3.5

The only error being generated is the 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' and I only get that if I leave in the line 'xLapp.Quit();'.  If I remove that line of code it runs error free.  Every time I attempt to run the application I monitor the processes to see if EXCEL.EXE initiates, but nothing yet.

If you have any suggestions or clues as to why this is happening please pass them on.

Thanks,

TML

0
TML
5/1/2009 1:58:35 PM
asp.net.integration 1945 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Resolved once I added this to the web.config file.

<identity impersonate="true" userName="WindowsDomain\YourUserName" password="YourPassword" />

0
TML

Integrating the C#.net and VB.net application
Hello All,  I'm trying to integrate the C#.net application and VB.net application.  Can you give me any suggestions of how to merge them.  Thanks in Advance You are probably goign to have to convert one of the applications to the other language at one point.  There are online conversion tools to help http://www.carlosag.net/Tools/CodeTranslator/- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer".Give some of my PWSK modules a try.  Type of application?We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch @weighfield: I d...

Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released!
Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released! Version 1.0 Released on March 10 2005 ...

Creating an Excel application in Dot Net.
Hi, I want to create excel application in VS-2005.Its giving error while adding reference "Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library". Please tell me the solution for this error or some other alternatives for creating an excel application in vs-2005,C#. Thanks in advance bye -atulBye-atulPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. atulmhetre17:Please tell me the solution for this error Which error?  Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! Error ...

Integrating RSA authenticators with .NET application
Hi, We are working with RSA Authenticators for our project. We were able to install the RSA Ace Server and RSA Ace Agent successfully. We were able to perform Test Authentication with RSA Ace/Server through the RSA Ace agent from the control panel. As per our requirement, we would have in our application a login page, where the user would have to enter the RSA PASSCODE. Using the user's login name and the passcode, we should be able to pass the details to the RSA Ace Server and have the user login and passcode authenticated. Our requirement is to authenticate the user programmiti...

VB.NET and Excel Application object problems
My Goal: To read/ write and access Excel files that are uploaded using the Excel.Application object The scenario: In my VB.NET project I do the following Dim oExcel As Object oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application") I have added the Excel.exe as the reference to the project from C:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftOffice\Office11\Excel.exe [my local machine] I have Office 2003 runnning on my machine. NOTE: I am running the project remotely. My remote work machine has .NET installed. All files and projects are located on the server. Server does not have any...

Excel application in .NET
Hello,Can anyone please tell me how to get the total number of rows in an excel sheet. Thanks I know Excel is not tabular but try the links below for more info, and play with the save as option in Excel 2003 I think one is close to your needs.  Hope this helps.http://blogs.msdn.com/vsto2/ http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odc_xl2003_ta/html/Office_Excel_XML_Toolbox.aspKind regards,Gift Peddie...

For Windows application in vb.net
I'm creating an Excel object in VB.Net(windows application). The following error happens: An unhandled exception of type 'System.Security.SecurityException' My code is: Dim xlApp As New Excel.Application() 'This line causes the trouble Dim xlBook As Excel.Workbook Dim xlSheet As Excel.Worksheet xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Add() xlSheet = xlBook.Worksheets.AddWhat should I do in this case? Thanks in advance. It's been a while since I automated Excel, but I seem to remember this issues: Excel / Office had to be installed on the server.(ob...

QuickBook : Integration of C#.NET web application with QuickBook
I want to Integrate my C#.NET web application with QuickBook Accounting software.I am using 2.0 framework of ASP.NET.I have an application which will generate invoice and get all the details exported into one text file. Now the problem is that I don't know how to import that text file in QuickBook software automatically so that it generates invoice in QuickBook database. For that do i have to call any web service or method or what ? Please give details what softwares will be required to do this integration. Thanks.Mit. Thanks,Mitesh.Please Mark this as an Answer if it resolves ...

QuickBook : Integration of C#.NET web application with QuickBook
I want to Integrate my C#.NET web application with QuickBook Accounting software.I am using 2.0 framework of ASP.NET.I have an application which will generate invoice and get all the details exported into one text file. Now the problem is that I don't know how to import that text file in QuickBook software automatically so that it generates invoice in QuickBook database. For that do i have to call any web service or method or what ? Please give details what softwares will be required to do this integration. Thanks.Mit. Thanks,Mitesh.Please Mark this as an Answer if it reso...

Accessing IIS integrated security website from .NET application?
So I have an application on webserver1 using FORMS authentication (allows anonymous access to login page so running under ASPNET account). In this application there are links to a website on webserver2 that does not allow anonymous access and requires windows integrated security. So basically when you click on a link from the application to webserver2 an authentication popup window appears.  What I'd like to do is pass the authentication information from my application (on webserver1) to webserver2 so that the page I'm calling (via a simply linkbutton) does not produce an ...

Integrating Paypal (IPN) With my .NET application (GOING CRAZY)
I spent the last two days trying to setup IPN correctly. You are the last chance for me so your help will be greatly appreciated.   Here is what is going on My site will link the buyer and the seller together for example: Bob goes to my site to post an item he wants to sell (lets say a cell phone) Steve goes to my site looking for a cell phone and he purchased Bob’s cell phone. The money will go to Bob’s paypal account to my account. Steve should be redirected back to my site and the transaction information should be shown to him in OrderDetails.aspx and to update my database. &...

Excel object close in vb.net(windows application)
In my project am using Excel. i want to close excel object.Any one give me idea.i used xlapp.quit and Marshel.ReleaseComObject(xlapp). Everthing i used. stil i have problem in object close. Hi indraraj, You can try the following method. You should release all com object, and recollect the resource by using the "GC.Collect()". public   void   GCEXCEL()     {     //collect the com componet.    if   (xlapp   !=   null)     {     if   (xlbooks   !=   null)     {     i...

Web resources about - Cannot Instantiate Excel Application - asp.net.integration

Experimental game [Code] instantiates love of programming
I'm walking through the firehouse in Culver City where a good portion of the games at IndieCade are set up, and then I see what looks like "not ...

Code: Flickr Developer Blog
(Flickr is hiring! Check out our open job postings and what it’s like to work at Flickr .) Web workers are awesome. They’ll change the way you ...

Plato - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
– 348/347 BC) was a Classical Greek philosopher , mathematician , student of Socrates , writer of philosophical dialogues, and founder of the ...

Ontology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article concerns ontology in philosophy. For the concept in information science, see Ontology (information science) . Not to be confused ...

Cisco patches vulnerabilities in VPN client, security appliances
Networking equipment vendor Cisco Systems released multiple security updates on Wednesday to address vulnerabilities in its AnyConnect Secure ...

impromptu
Impromptu is an OSX programming language and environment for composers, sound artists, VJ's and graphic artists with an interest in live or interactive ...

Dictionary of Philosophy of Mind - functionalism
functionalism(1) - The view that the physical realization of a functional component is not, in some sense, its essence. Rather, what makes a ...

Ajay Matharu on Web, Technology and Life
Ajay Matharu on ASP.Net, .Net, Javascript, PHP, SQL, CSS, Sharepoint, Web, Technology and Life

Annals of Americus - Notes on Art, Culture & Politics
... I was living in Albany, NY. My friend loaded LAYAR onto his phone and we walked around our neighborhood, watching real estate data instantiate ...