Appending a Word document

Hi,

I have a word document with the logo image as header.(It is a .doc file.. not a .dot file). I want to append some data to this document. (html).

How can I append data to an existing word document in .Net? I am now trying with FileStream and BinaryWrite objects.

Any help or sample code is appreciated.

0
allenrajiev
5/4/2009 1:37:40 PM
asp.net.integration 1945 articles. 0 followers. Follow

you can use VSTO, from MS-Word 2003 onwards it builds documents on xml schema. You can append data very easily using xml format, & finally you can save it as .doc file. It will open in word as a normal word file

***Hope this helps you***
thank you,
-nm reddy
0
nmreddy83

Creating a Word document in .NET
Hi I'm using Word.ApplicationClass in C# to produce a Word document: Word.ApplicationClass objWord = new Word.ApplicationClass();Word.Document objWordDoc = objWord.Documents.Add(ref noValue, ref noValue, ref noValue, ref noValue);objWordDoc.Activate(); I then get the data from the database and load it into objWord.Selection.TypeText(). The problem is my data contains lots of HTML, so when the Word document is produced, all the HTML tags are printed out. Is there a way to convert the HTML to Word format?? Many thanks, Ed  ...

word documents to .net
hi guys,heres a decription of what I want to do.... "I want a user to be able to see a simple .net page in their browser. fill out a couple of boxes (simple part)... then click an upload button that uploads a word document. (the word document has preset fields in it) I want to strip the information from these fields and store the information that I need and then still send a complete copy of the document through email to another person". i think it can be done ,,,, but i am not sure  Which version of word are you using? The latest version has an XML structure that is ve...

when i open the word document through .net code "word could not create the work file" error occured
Hi All                 When i open the word 2003 document through vs.net 2005 the following error message occured."Word could not create the work file..check the environment variable" . If any one knows the solution ...please let me know asap.       This article might helphttp://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31165503/word-could-not-create-the.aspx  Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you  http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302629...

MS Word documents and .net
Does anyone have a good code example of reading and writing to MS Word from .net code using the word.application and word.document objects ? thanks in advance, KD please check following address http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/office/default.aspx ...

vb.net and word document
I need to insert a string, entered on a webform, into a blank space somewhere in a word document. How should this be done in vb.net? Hi there, Welcome to asp.net forums. how about this link Cheers!Sunny NAGIProper Preparation Prevents Poor PerformanceDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. If the document created is quite long, I'm going to have a hard time adding the HTML into the String. Is there a faster way? Besides downloading, can I also print the document? Thx Hi there, Ok how about this one... Link When you say print ...

Opening a word document through .NET
I am using COM object of MS Word 9.0 control library in my project. But I am unable to open it through .NET. FOllowing is the code I am using: Public Class WordFunctions ' activate the interface with the COM object of Microsoft Word Private oWordApp As New Word.ApplicationClass Private oDoc As Word.Document Private oTable As Word.Table ' Open a file (the file must exists) and activate it Sub Open(ByVal StrFileName As String) Dim fileName As Object = StrFileName Dim onlyread As Object = False Dim isVisible As Object = True Dim missing As Object = System.Reflection.Missing.Value oD...

Table border is there in word document while creating word document from HTML code
hello all,  i am creating word document from HTML code in that table tag containing property border='0' and after converting html into word document , document showing the table border . i am using that document at client side for printing , so i don't want to show that border in document.   Is it shown also when printing the document ?Because word will always show a border, but it will show it differently depending on the border setting.Even if you set it to zero it will show a border, but in a way (light grey) to mark it as "no border", this is done so y...

Read word document and Save changes in word document located in folder
In ASP.Net Web application(.Net2.0) I have to save a word document in folder called "Documents" and after saving i have to open the word document for making some changes.I want that the changes must be saved in word document and it Word Document get replaced by orginal one in "Documents" folder.  I have searched on net and come across rich text editor developed in windows(c#) but i want to develop same functionality in Web Application in C#.  Plz anyone help. Regards You have File1 you modify it save it as File2 rename File1 to temp ...

create word document using .NET
Can some one tell me how to create word document using .NET Thanks in advanve, Peter is below link helps you? <a href"http://www.dotnetspider.com/Technology/KBPages/587.aspx">http://www.dotnetspider.com/Technology/KBPages/587.aspx</a>Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti sreedhark, Thanks for your help. I played with this sample and also some other samples I found on the Internet. I have one same problem with the all of those samples. I guess it may cause by the Word 2000 on my machine, but I do not have a clue how to ...

Appending text to a Word 2000 document
How do I copy text from a source Word 2000 document and append it to a target Word 2000 document. 'CopyFileA' - a 32 bit API call copies destructively. Is there an API call that will append data? Appending files will do you no good when Word is concerned, as Word documents have a distinctive header information. Simply concatenating 2 Word files will result in a most likely unusable file. What you should do is open the first file using OLE automation, and then insert the contents of the second one using the appropriate object model methods. Alt-F11 in Word will bring up...

Powerbuilder + Word Document with ODBC Integration
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has integrated to a MS Word document that contains an ODBC query that uses a query parameter? I've created a query using MS Query and the retrieval argument is dynamic, i.e. will prompt the user to enter the required parameter value via a message box in Word. I would like to be able pass a data value from PB to MS Word so that the 'Enter Parameter Value' message box does not appear when the MS Word query is executed and the data value passed from PB is used to satisfy the retrieval argument instead. I am using PB 10.5.1 and integratin...

OLE/Word Questions: Appending Blobs to a Document
I am attempting to create a single Word document from several sections stored in the database as separate blobs.� I'd like to display the Word document in a single OLE control placed on a window.� Another thought was to use the OLE database column available in the datawindow.� I am having limited success with both approaches and would appreciate any feedback or insight! Using the OLE control, I've tried the Copy and Paste functions.� The problem here is that when I paste the second blob, the first one is overwritten. I'd like to append the blob to the existing document. ...

set value in a word document from vb.net
I have a web form with several html controls on it and when the user clicks the submit button I have to generate a dynamic word document and create a similar html controls like those in the web form and set the values entered in the webform to the corresponding controls in the word document. I don't have problem generating the word document. I need to know how to dynamically create the those controls in the word documents and set the values in the word document. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, renitaThanks...

Merge two Word Documents in VB.NET
I have created a table "Testing" in database which contains the following columns and values:Columns:       Section   |   Content               Introduction   |  "C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\abc.doc"                CurrentState  | "C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\def.doc"  and have written the following code in...

Web resources about - Appending a Word document - asp.net.integration

Google Appending URLS With GWT & PG?
A WebmasterWorld thread spotted, I believe, referrals from URLs that have _gwt_pg= appended to the end of the URLs. So what does the GWT and ...

Appending Larry
A recent Reuters article on Google's prematurely released earnings report noted that a Twitter parody account was created to mock the "PENDING ...

The readers' editor on… appending notes to stories if errors may have been made
Chris Elliott: Open door: This device seems fair if the evidence is not conclusive but a strong case has been made – but not all complainants ...

Google Appending Brand In Front Of Search Results Title
Typically, when Google shows a clickable headline in the search results...