Accessing a Com object using Get Object

* Wasn't sure which section to put this in, but found similiar topics in here.

We have a slight problem trying to access a COM Object.
Reading some of the threads in this forum, people have mentioned trying to connect to a COM Object, but everyone has suggested using CreateObj.
We cannot do this as the object is already created, we need to Get this object.
Obviously you can use the GetObj command in VB6, but we cannot find away of Getting this object either through a webservice.
Feel free to move this to the correct forum.
Any help will be greatly recieved.
Regards
C Goulding
0
goulding_uk
11/2/2004 1:34:55 PM
asp.net.integration 1945 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I can't tell from your posting exactly what you're trying to accomplish.  It almost sounds like you're trying to return a instance to an existing object through a web service.  If this is your goal, then I'm afraid you are out of luck.  Web services allow you to move data back and forth across trust boundaries, not executable code or object instances.

If I've missed something, please try another post to clear up my misconceptions.

Bruce Johnson [.NET MVP]
http://www.objectsharp.com/blogs/Bruce
0
BruceJohnson

Accessing objects returned by COM object
Hello there, I'm new to ASP.NET (migrating from PHP and Java), and have what is probably an entirely stupid problem: The data layer of the site I am updating is composed of a number of compiled COM objects, the source of which I don't have access to. I have created Interop wrappers for the objects, but I'm not quite sure how to handle the VB objects that they return (I am working in C#). I'm not very familiar with VB, but the VB objects are definitely a list of some kind, so I was vaguely hoping to be able to cast to an ArrayList. Unfortunately, this is raising an IllegalCastExce...

How to get local app.config path for a .NET COM object used in aspx page
Hi all, We have an application with two parts: - An ASP.NET 2.0 web site - A VB.NET 2.0 class library (dll) which is compiled to be a COM component, so the public classes have a COM classid for each one. Most of the operations in the web site are run in the server (in the normal asp.net way), but a few operations have to be run locally in the client PCs which are running the web browser. To allow this, we use COM: we place <object> elements in the aspx pages, with the classids of the right library class. We install some files in the client PCs, including a local app.config...

Hi All, Need your help to resolve my problem, I have a dll for a ChangeMangement tool (I guess this was developed using VB), when I try to register this dll, I am getting "Dll loaded, but DllRegistry entry point was not found" I am sure this dll is not corrupted one, bcz same dll I am able to refere in my server (where corresponding Tool is installed). Any one can help how to register this dll ? or how to find the dependent dlls for this? I am trying use the classes in this COM object, but when I refere in .Net and when I run the appl, I am getting CLSI was not loaded. ...

Accessing COM Objects on .NET
using EAS Server 4.2.2 for our web applications. I would like to access a COM object lying on a different webserver running ..Net on IIS. I have tried this before. I would appreciate if anyone could briefly outline the steps required to access the same Thanks You need to use the tlbexp utility to generate a COM typelib from the .NET assembly you're trying to access. You then use the TLB to register a COM proxy you can invoke from EAS. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com "Suresh" <...

Using com object in vb.net
I successfully included in my web form an object of the DateTimePicker control 6.0 (sp4) - dropdownlist control. This is not native to vb.net. I want to read the entry of this object. Can anybody give a clue to this problem.J. Bouyea...

detailsview and objects (and objects inside objects inside objects)
hi there!as I was browsing through the posts related to the detailsview I couldn't find someone with the problem I'm facing so I decided to post here...well, I was able to bound an object datasource into my gridview and detailsview, it deletes and shows the data very well, BUT inside the object, there's another object, for example, I have bound a class called Province and inside the Province class there's the Country class indicating the data from the related country, to edit and/or insert I have placed a drop down list so the user selects the country from a drop down list, everything seems ...

Using COM Objects in a VB.NET Class
I hope this is an OK post for this forum - the only other place I could find for it is the ASP Conversion alpha one - I'm converting some legacy ASP code into a VB.NET Class for use in a web application. Here's the problem line: Set Executor = Server.CreateObject("ASPExec.Execute") Which returns this error when compiled: error BC30807: 'Let' and 'Set' assignment statements are no longer supported. If I take off the "set" from the line above, and recompile, i get this error: BC30451: Name 'Server' is not declared. How do you call a legacy COM...

.Net Website using VB6 COM object
I can say with about 99.9% assurance that no one will have had to do this, but hopefully I can get help with the pieces.  I am building a Web based in-house app. The web app must "talk" to a regular Win App using a COM object. Everything is fine(so far) as long as i have the web-page setup as FILE SYSTEM for testing. i have the site sitting on my C: drive. if I change to HTTP it freaks out and i get either nothing, meaning i push the button that worked in FILE SYSTEM and get "" back, or else i get "Object not set to an instance of an object"9something like that). I tried...

accessing objects within objects
I have a class, Computer. I have a hashtable full of classes that is within Computer. It is Categories (ie cpu, ram, etc). I try to access my Category like this and it doesn't work. I am recently switching from ASP to ASP.NET/C# so vbscript was my only previous programming experience. Computer myComputer = new Computer("tower2000"); // within the Computer constructor is when it creates the 30 or so categories // of computer parts, as a hashtable and creating a new Category object for each Category myCategory = (Category) myComputer.myCategories[0]; Label1.Text = myC...

Using "Business Objects" as a Data Source dor DataWindow.NET Objects
Hi: I have developed a "Business Object" layer which gets information from the DataBase. I would like to use these objects as a Source for the DataWindow.NET objects. It is possible? DO I have to use External Source? Some example? Thanks in Advance! Gus dw.net doesn't support this: I will be glad if someone comes up with an generic work around to bind. sybase is snoozing on this one. thanks vsv "DataWindows.NET" <gussabina@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4740cbfa$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi: > I have developed a "Business Ob...

Is possible use PB Object as like COM/OLE Object but in Java, with a Proxy class ??
I'd like to use my PB object from Apache/Tomcat without EAServer ,is it possible ??? What about Java Proxy project in PB 6.5-7, what was this ?? Thanks in advance You can use PB Components in any clients, Java,VB,PB,Delphi etc etc etc "Mirko Di Tommaso" <mirko@tiscali.it> wrote in message news:j9VZLGSJCHA.654@forums.sybase.com... > I'd like to use my PB object from Apache/Tomcat without EAServer ,is it > possible ??? > > What about Java Proxy project in PB 6.5-7, what was this ?? > > Thanks in advance > > Can you ...

Accessing COM object written in C# using JavaScript
Hello. I have an COM object that was written in C# using Visual Studio 2005. This is a COM object. I was able to instantiate this COM object using C++ code. (I had to import the tlb file at the top of the C++ file.) Now I need to write JavaScript to access this COM object. The code I am using is this: try { var myCOMObject = new ActiveXObject("progid"); } catch (err) { } where progid is the progid from the registry. (It's under KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\(guid)\ProgID. This is going into the catch block. The error it is getting (err.number) is -2146827859. I searched the Web, and t...

Getting an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", and no idea which object
I'm working on one of our ASP.NET 2005 projects now.  For the longest time we've gotten an error when compiling it that says, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".  However, the irritating thing is it doesn't say what "object" its having problems with, and it certainly isn't telling me which file that has the problem.  So, I'm getting this error message that doesn't tell me where the error comes from.  All I know is that the error is "Out there".  Reminds me of an old X-Files episode. How am I t...

How to access data using ADO.net objects onkeypress event
Hi there, Onkeypress event of a textbox, I want to query database using my already existing database connection ( i'm using ADO.net). Now I did not find anyway to write VB code to trap onkeypress event. The only way I found was to write a javascript. But in javascript, I was not able to access my exitsting data object like connection and dataset. As in my case I need to query only from current database session as my transaction is not over yet. Can anybody Please suggest me some way to do this. This is very very urgent and important for me. onkeypress is a "client side ev...

Web resources about - Accessing a Com object using Get Object - asp.net.integration

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...