VS.NET 2005 (June) fails to install SQL Express 2005?

Hello,

Thanks for reviewing my question.  I have been struggling with trying to install VS.NET 2005 (June) and it fails to install the 2005 SQL Express.
It reports: "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition April CTP x86: [2] Component Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition April CTP x86
returned an unexpected value."  Any advice?

I have was able to successfully install the SQL 2005 Server before I installed the VS.NET 2005 June but it complained about the .NET Framework 2.0
because it tried to install it even though it was there.

Is there a certain order when installing VS.NET 2005 (June) and SQL 2005 Server (June)?

Many Thanks
Peter

0
PNKonstant

you know, i got a similar error but it turns out that SQL Express was actually installed and seems to be running fine. look in your install path...sql express has it's own (can't remember what it is)

cheers :: thomas
0
twgathings
7/6/2005 1:18:11 PM
I got a named instance of SQLEXPRESS here.. I can connect to it using the sql server managment studio.. had to unlock it though using sqlsac before it was usefull (tcpip/named pipes from off to on)
0
ve3ofa
7/8/2005 7:35:44 PM

Hi Peter,

Are you able to install SQL express?, I too got the same error while installing VS2005.

I do not have SQL Server 2005 installed. Do I have to install it before I I install SQL Exp?>

Thanks
Mahendar

0
mahi_bmr
10/12/2005 8:37:46 PM
Had the same or similar problem with a combination of SQL Server 2005 September CTP Developer and Visual Studio 2005 RC1. Installed SQLSetpCTP first then VS2005RC1 (as recommended). Did not initially install SQL Server 2005 Express form the RC1 setup set as I thought I wouldn't need it. Found out that functionality was missing from VS (colleague did install and had more options!sic).

Tried to install express after the fact with the VS installer and found trouble (or it found me :-). What I eventually did (after reading lots of post, doing some RegClean push-ups etc.) was to run the SQLEXPR.EXE directly without any /q or other parameters. Then I got a fullblown installer wizard with customizable setup and all the good bits about collation and security model that we love :-). NB! I deselected the flag on 'Allow user creatable instances' (or similar). DON'T DO IT! Effect was I couldn't add database item/file in VS. It tould me the reason why though, so I run an

exec sp_configure 'user instances enabled','1'

reconfigure

on the express instance from SQL Management Studio (remember I had the developer edition installed too :-) and everything looks fine.

- Brumlemann

                        “Share and enjoy”

                                    - D. Adams

PS I din't install the extra bits possible during installation (tools and stuff) since I figured I already had them.

0
Brumlemann

Install VS 2005 Pro over VS 2005 Express or clean install?
I inherited a VS 2003 .NET 1.1 web project that I need to convert to VS 2005 .NET 2.2. I am planning on converting to Web Applications Project. I purchased VS 2005 Pro. They tell me it will take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive. I have installed the VS 2005 Express in the mean time but found out that it doesn't do Web Application Projects. I have downloaded the VS 2005 Trial version to install while I wait for my VS 2005 Pro to arrive so I can start work now. My basic beginner question that I couldn't find the answer to in any of the forums is:1. Should I install VS 2005 Trial over the Express or remo...

Installing VS 2005 on a machine with VS .Net 2003 installed
I looked in the readme file of the VS 2005 setup for information regarding this issue, but I could not find anything besides some warnings about the previous beta versions of VS 2005. Is there anything I should take into account before installing it? Do I have to uninstall the previous version, or is it automatically updated? Check out this MSDN topic:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms246609(VS.80).aspx Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

Installing .NET Framework, Sql Server 2005 Express, and Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Will someone please offer some advice, a walkthrough, or something to help me through this?  I installed all three of these pieces (.NET, SQL Server 2005 Express, and VS 2005 Professional) onto a WinXP box.  I was unable to get it to work.  It kept throwing SQL errors when I tried to run the security setup for the Personal Website Starter Kit.  So, I uninstalled everything except .NET and reinstalled.  At this point I was able to get to the setup, but unable to add users.  It doesn't throw errors or anything, it just doesn't do anything.  I really re...

both VS .NET 2003 AND VS .NET 2005 ARE INSTALLED SAME COMPUTER. IT IS POSSABLE
Edited by moderator XIII: please use a normal font size: Hi I have my computer Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Framwork 1.1 and all propram are runing VS .NET 2003 . I want to load my computer VS .NET 2005 and Framwork 2.0. I am not Interest to uninstalled VS .NET 2003 AND Framwork 1.1. I want both VS .NET 2003 AND VS .NET 2005 ARE INSTALLED SAME COMPUTER. IT IS POSSABLE . PLEASE HELP ME. IF ANY PROBLEM ARE THER IF VS ..NET 2003 AND 2005 ARE SAME COMPUTER. Please help me. Saikat Hi, I have both the frameworks and IDE's installed on my dev laptop without any problems. However if you wish t...

Is it possible to install vs.net 2003 ans vs.net 2005 on the same machine ?
hello, All:             I am use the vs.net 2003 on my computer ,now I want to install vs.net 2005 on  the same machine .             is it possible to do it ?  when I install vs.net 2005 finish,anything special need to be config ?   thanks in advanced!   Yes you can install both.  You will need the 2.o/3.0 version of the framework for 2005, and if you run 1.1 and 2.0+ apps on IIS you'll need to set up sepaarte application pools (IIS6). JeffP...

Can you have VS .net 2003 AND VS.net 2005 Beta 2 installed on same machine?
Right now I have Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 installed on my machine, but I also need to put on the Visual Studio 2003 Professional to work with some older projects. Can I installed the Visual Studio 2003 Professional on the same machine with out messing anything up?Thanks Yes you can have them side by side!   Also see http://blogs.msdn.com/robcaron/archive/2005/04/20/410224.aspx link of Robcorn, it also could helps you!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti great thanks, I am installing the 2003 version now on my machine that already has the ...

VS.net 2003 & VWD express 2005 & SQL Express 2005 (RS)
i have installed sql express 2005 with reporting services, vs.net 2003 and visual web developer express 2005. How do i get the reporting services designer or create a new report ? The option 'Business Intelligent' is not in the project....

VS 2005 SQL SERVER 2005 Express Did not Install
I installed VS 2005 Team Suite Beta 2, during which SQL Server 2005 Express did not install. I downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express and tried to install it alone. I received a message telling me that VS 2005 had left some files, so SQL Server 2005 Express cannot Install. It told me that I needed to run a cleanup wizard found on the CD. I searched the CD and did not find this wizard.Can anyone help me with were to find the wizard or what other steps I might take to fix this issue?Thank you very much,I was able to get SQL Server 2005 Express installed using the cleanup tool http://go.microsoft.c...

Can I install Visual Basic 6 on my machine which has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005?
I may have a need to use Visual Basic 6 for a legacy project in the near future.  I was wondering if I can install VB6 on my machine which already has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005 installed on it? I did not know if doing so would cause issues or not so thought I would ask before just leaping and doing.   Ira Richard Smith At one time i had to install Visual Basic 6 on my machine with VS.NET 2003 and had "NO" issues. I would suggest take a backup of your machine or a restore point before you proceed. Please post your experience. I am sure some one would appreci...

SQL Server 2005 CTP June and VS .NET 2005 Rc1?
Is SQL Server 2005 CTP June is compatible with VS .NET 2005 RC 1?Thanks for your helpRegardsDavid No I think the SQL Server 2005 June CTP uses the Visual Studio 2005 July CTP while the SQL Server 2005 September CTP uses Visual Studio 2005 September CTP.  Try the link below and use the drop down list to find your CTP compatiblity and download the SQL Server 2005 September CTP if you need it.  Hope this helps.http://channel9.msdn.com/ctpmadness/Default.aspxhttp://www.microsoft.com/sql/2005/productinfo/ctp.mspxKind regards,Gift Peddie I've just downloaded CTP September and it work...

SQL Server 2005
I'm very confused.  I installed Visual Studio 2005 and thought I understood that SQL Server 2005 came with it, but it appears that it's SQL Server 2005 - Express.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to get Data Transformation Services loaded or the equivalent of DTS in SQL Express?     beejay I have to say: actually SQL Express, not SQL2005 full version, comes with VS2005. To manage your SQL Express databases much easier, you can download a Management Studio Express from here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/ Then you can...

VS.NET 2002 not with VS.NET 2005 Express Edition
Hi! I installed the VS.NET 2005 Express Edition, on VS.NET 2002 machine and my VS.NET 2002 is stop working, unable to recognize the projects, start compiling the VS.NET 2002 projects first in .NET 2.0 then it wont' recognize a bit. Take Care, MudassirMudassir AzeemiSan Francisco, CAWeb: http://www.BonGeek.comBlog: http://blog.BonGeek.com If you're talking about Web Applications, this is because VWD has set IIS to use the 2.0 Framework by default (which it sounds like you know). You can set the framework default with the command "aspnet_regiis -i -enable" - run it from th...

Is there a step-by-step guide to installing SQL Express 2005 to work with VS 2005 Pro
I have a Windows Vista machine and i'm having all sorts of problems getting SQL Express 2005 and VS 2005 Pro to work together. I think the problem is that I have not setup SQL Express 2005 correctly. I'm not really sure how this should be done. I want to develop a web app on my machine using C# and SQL Express 2005, then be able to publish this all to the web and have it working. I've done this in the past but it must have been a fluke in terms of setting up SQL Express 2005. I know the code etc I need to connect to the database but I do not understand all the settings when ins...

Installing AJAX VS 2005 (vb.net setup onlY0
My version : VS Prof 2005 SP1 installed.(Only vb.net and web stuff, did not install C#, J#, C++ etc)  I want to get the AJAX stuff installed. I go here.. http://www.codeplex.com/AjaxControlToolkit/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=8513 Download files for : release 11119 AjaxControlToolkit.zip  for ASP.net 2.0 ( which is VS 2005  I believe) I try run the sln file in the toolkit page and I get these two errors  Am I missing AJAX install files, if so where are they for APS.net 2.0 VS 2005 ?????? I have installed ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi (version 1.0) ASPAJAXCTP.m...

Web resources about - VS.NET 2005 (June) fails to install SQL Express 2005? - asp.net.installation-setup

Facebook Asks Users To Install Messenger For Windows
Just days after officially rolling out Messenger for Windows , Facebook has begun prompting people to install the application. Some Facebook ...

New ways to reach the right people with mobile app install ads
Since we launched mobile app install ads six months ago, we have added several new features to improve the product for users and developers. ...

Facebook Director of Product Management Doug Purdy discusses Parse, Mobile App Install Ads
... discussed about mobile app discovery difficulties faced by developers. He discussed how developers can use the platform to drive app installations ...

WA Premier Colin Barnett urges City of Joondalup to install shark net at Sorrento Beach - PerthNow Search ...
PREMIER Colin Barnett has urged the City of Joondalup to “get on with it” and install a shark net at Sorrento Beach.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

Vermont utility says it will be the first to install Tesla powerwalls in the US
... Power) Customers of Green Mountain Power (GMP) in Vermont will be the first in the US to have Tesla Powerwall stationary batteries installed ...

FSS ePub Reader silently installs adware?
... of a range of popular Windows freeware, including FSS Video Downloader, FSS Google Books Downloader, FSS ePub Reader and more. You’ve installed ...

11 3D Touch apps to install today
Apple’s 3D Touch is an important step forward in mobile user interfaces. If you use an iPhone 6S you see it in action when you press a name in ...