VS .Net 2003 remote web project, windows xp & windows server 2003 setup

Hi everyone, I have a windows server 2003 setup as a server with IIS 6 & VS 2003 .Net

I created an account programmatically for a user with frontpage extensions 2002. The accont works fine when using VS Studion .Net 2003 on the server machine however when I try to create a web project using a windows xp client machine with VS .Net 2003 it fails with a combination of "this user is not a member of the author group" (the user is setup as an administrator on the server and also has administrator front page author privilege) & the user has correct inheritable privileges on the server web folder.
The website is created using the following commands:
iisweb /create c:\web\%1\pub "%1" /b %2
owsadm -o install -p %2 -t msiis -u %1 -du %1
xcacls c:\web\%1\pub /G %1:RWXD;RWXD /E /Y
%1=username & %2=port
VS Studio 2003 also does not appear to be consistent. Initially it did manage to setup a web project when u login as administrator but not as a user but now even that fails.
Can anyone give guidance on setting up a website programmatically on windows server 2003 with the correct permissions for VS.Net 2003 to connect and setup a web project from a remote windows xp machine.
eric
0
ericUK

HELP
I am having troubles understanding what I need to do to integrate Visual Basic .NET 2003 with IIS 6.0, where VS.NET is installed on my Windows 2000 machine, but the IIS is running on a separate Windows 2003 Server.We purchase Visual Basic .NET Standard.   I assume that is all that is required for creating ASP.NET pages, Web services and Web applications?We ran the setup on the Windows 2000 machine.   The prerequisites were installed, followed by VB.NET.   We installed the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK and then the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.On the Windows 2...

VS .NET 2003 crush with APPLET tag (Windows 2003 server)?!?
I have Visual Studio .NET 2003 (v. 7.1.xxxx) running on Windows 2003 server. When i try to insert APPLET tag in HTML mode into an ASP.NET page my Visual Studio crushs on attempt to switch to Design mode. There is same problem with all ASP.NET pages with <APPLET></APPLET> There isn't problem do similarly thing on Windows XP. Any ideas? Thx ...

opening a solution file in VS.NET 2003 ( in Windows Server 2003)
Hi, I could not open a visual studio 2002 solution file (ASP.NET application) in Visual Studio 2003. VS.NET simple hangs up with message "Contacting web server" in Windows Server 2003. If i tweak something on IIS Default web site folder, i get different message like "web access failed", "could not map <localfolder> to http://localhost". I have gone through various forums and applied almost all suggested solutions like 0. tweaking ".sln" file 1. deleting VSWEBCache files 2. renaming the web.config file 3. added temp MIME metadata...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

can VS.NET be installed on Windows server 2003?
Hi, i was wondering if VS.NET can be installed on a Windows server 2003 operating system without ANY problems?. Is there anything i should know about?. Thanks :) Should work just fine. Make sure you have IIS and Frontpage installed before you run VS Setup if you want to do Webdevelopment HTH Mike KostersitzMicrosoft Customer Support ServicesThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Script samples are subject to the terms at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm" but isnt IIS installed by default? I believe IIS6 is _n...

How to create database and run it in Web Project Setup (VS.NET 2003)
I already create a Web Setup Project by VS.NET 2003. And I have some script files (*.sql) for creating database in SQL Server. How can I use it. I want the Web Setup Project creates for me a new database using script files (*.sql). It's like the Rainbow Portal Setup (sourceforge.net) or the instalation of ASP.NET forums. Can everyone help me ? I'm confused. Do you mean you want to create a database using scripts everytime you create a new project in Visual Studio? If that's it, look at this article on altering Enterprise Templates. Even if you don't use Enterprise Templates, it expl...

Can VS.NET 2003 setup project execute an executable file during installation?
Hi all, Now that the development of my web project is in its last steps, I was wondering how to perform the better setup and deployment model for my clients. One possible and common option is to use Visual Studio's Setup projets. They are quite familiar to everybody and they are easy to install for the clients if have been correctly configured. I've done a little research on this issue and I've seen that those kind of VS.NET projects can be customized in a proper way, of course, with some limitations. During the setup project, after selecting the virtual directory, I would need to run a...

windows 2003 and VS.Net 2003 problem ?
i have installed windows 2003 and after that i installed VS.Net 2003 but when i am developing windows application with VS.Net then it is running but when i am going to work with asp.net then i am getting error message.even when i type localhost in the address bar of IE then no pages come but IIS is running.IIS is chaged in win 2003, which i could not fix.please help me to run asp.net app on windows 2003 platform. Is IIS is installed in WIN2003 box? and if so do you enabled 1.1 extensitions in webservice extensitions of IIS? If not that could be the problem!Sreedharhttp://www...

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

Image upload not working on Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition but is on Windows 2003 Web Server Edition
Hi, I have a website that allows image uploads by users through ASP.NET 2.0 front-end running on Windows 2003 Server boxes (Web Server Edition).  Recently, some additional servers were acquired to handle additional load.  The new servers are running windows 2003 Standard Edition R2 and the photo upload does not work on them.  It does work on the older Windows 2003 Web Server Edition servers.  The operations team prohibits doing remote debugging on production servers so there is no way for me to see what is going on in the code.  Has anyone else experienced this ...

VS.NET 2003 Project Setup..
Hey guys..                          Hope someone out there can help.Here's the situation..I am using a VS.NET 2003 and my project seems to have lost referenced among each other. There are three projects within solution. I would like to know, since the configuration of ym project was dont my someone else, how do I go about importing projects in a new solution that I have created???? DMH If you created a new solution then you can right click the solution in the solution...

Crystal report not showing in web in windows server 2003 with CR 2008 using .Net 2.0 framework installed.
we have Crystal Report 2008 Full product  installed in Windows XP professional SP2 and visual studio 2005 in the development system.We are able to see crystal report thru the Crystal Report Viewer in web.   For deployment when we have installed CR 2008 in Windows 2003 server standard edition and it has also .Net 2.0 Framework(no visual studio 2005 installed in it).But not showing  the report thru CR viewer.   Can any one help  that do I need to install anything more in the server.My guess is CR viewer is unable to show the crystal report.Although i...

Installing PortalVBVS into VS.net on .NET Server 2003
I've been trying all day to get the VB version installed, without success. I need help with two things - getting it configured in VS.Net, and getting the web.config connection string right. I've run the installer and have the files on c:\PortalVBVS. I've created a virtual web called "PortalVB" which points at c:\PortalVBVS\PortalVBVS. When I browse with IIS Manager I see the subdirectories as I should. I've created a database called Portal on MSDE running on the same server, and populated it by running the Portaldb.sql script. I see tables and columns, and I can retriev...

ADO dataset with VS.NET 2003 and Windows 2003
Hi all, Just wanted to share my solution with some of you to the login failed problem and others... I've been banging my head on the wall trying to figure out this piece of (use your imagination). Anyways, I was able to get the CR.NET report to run on my XP workstation using the instructions provided at: http://support.crystaldecisions.com/communityCS/FilesAndUpdates/vbnet_win_classicado.exe.asp?ref=devzone_netzone_howto However, when I migrated the project to my windows 2003 server with multiple websites running on it, I was unable to get it working. I tried adding various msm f...

Web resources about - VS .Net 2003 remote web project, windows xp & windows server 2003 setup - asp.net.installation-setup

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Project Gutenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most of the items in its collection are the full texts of public domain books . The project tries to make these as free as possible, in long-lasting, ...

Wrike Rises Above Other Project Management Software After Testing
Over the last year I had occasion to look at and purchase Task and Project Management software. I had several folks on different teams sign up ...

Get trained for a career in project management for $39
... change can be daunting—and expensive, when you’re starting your training from scratch. So if you’ve been thinking about a new career in project ...

Future Islands side project The Snails release Christmas song, playing shows
Future Islands singer Samuel T. Herring and guitarist/bassist William Cashion have another band called The Snails (not to be confused with the ...

Actress Lake Bell, first female voice of the iPhone, is taking over Hollywood one project at a time
... the time to direct, but the problem that I have just personally is that there are only so many years in my life to dedicate to certain projects. ...

Who Are Google’s Project Sunroof Partners?
... offers from solar installers to provide fast estimates of how much a homeowner might save by investing in a solar power system. Dubbed “Project ...

Retired Prof Hates Israel So Much She Won’t Help 13 Year Old With School Project
Retired Prof Hates Israel So Much She Won’t Help 13 Year Old With School Project

Sander/Moses Inks Deal With NBCU Int’l TV, Sells Projects To Amazon & ABC
Producers Ian Sander and Moses ( Ghost Whisperer, Reckless, Profiler ) have signed a first-look deal with NBC Universal International TV Production. ...