Urgent - Help Required re: Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services.

Hi All,

I have seen a number of posts regarding this error message and unfortunately none of the suggestions work for me. I am developing on WinXp Pro SP3 and have had VS Studio .Net 2003, Version 7.1.3088 with the .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 SP 1 and VS Studio 2005 Version 8.0.50727.762 SP .050727-7600 with the .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727 SP1 on my development machine. Everything was working fine until recently.
Certain errors that were happening on a server could not be reproduced on my development machine so I registered with DynDNS and created a dynamic dns that points to my machine thus allowing me to have a test environment similar to server where we are experiencing the problems (or so I thought). When I open the VS 2003 solution I am getting the the above error. My VS 2005  projects they seem fine. I can actually run the site (http://mydnsname/vsprojectname/default.aspx) and other than a couple of minor issues the site works OK.
 Has anybody out there got some idea of what I need to do in order to be able to open the project in VS2003? I have even diabled the site temporarily to see if that would make any difference to no avail.
 Thanks in advance,
 Gary

0
garymich
9/22/2008 8:12:32 PM
📁 asp.net.installation-setup
📃 5668 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 4 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1837 Views

Have you checked out this kb: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817267?
Also, some other info: http://www.dotnetspider.com/resources/2050-Visual-Studio-NET-has-detected-at-e-specifie.aspx.
Hope this provides some insight.
- Jesse

Jesse Williams

Please mark 'Answered' if my post was able to assist you.
0
psuphish05
9/22/2008 8:38:04 PM

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the prompt response. I had looked at the knowldgebase article earlier on but didn't know if it would apply to me as on XP Pro I a have IIS 5 installed. Would there be a similar option on it that requires setting? I will also check the other link you sent me.

Thanks
 Gary
0
garymich
9/22/2008 8:52:53 PM

In your XP IIS, http://mydnsname/vsproject_.NET1.1 's "vsproject_.NET1.1" (i.e.) virtual directory properties, does "ASP.NET" tab have "1.1.4322" selected?

Please Mark the post as "Answer" if it solves your problem.

http://www.dotnetsharp.com/
0
Mar7in

Yes it does. I think I have found a solution (not pretty but it works). On my local IIS 5 server on the properties - web site - ip address, I clicked the advanced button and added a second identity for the site, with 80 as the port but the host header name left blank. Now when I go itno VS 2003 and I can open my web projects without any problems. My VS 2005 web projects also seem to be fine as well. So I don't know why this works but I really don't care.
 Thanks to all for your help!
 Regards
Gary

0