Unable to run the Application on the host.

Hi

I am trying to run my application on the web host but it is not working, although it is working on my local machine.

I get this  error

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Thnks for your help

Tamer Khalil

0
tamerelanwer

did you try doing what it says and turning off the custom error messages so you can see what the error is?

first thing to check though is what version of .Net your site needs and what version the server is set for....that's the usual culprit

0
Curt_C
6/30/2008 6:56:58 PM

now i get this

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 36:             ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.
Line 37:         -->
Line 38:         <authentication mode='Windows' />
Line 39:
Line 40:         <!--

0
tamerelanwer
6/30/2008 7:26:22 PM

tamerelanwer:

 This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Did you check this?

0
Curt_C
6/30/2008 7:27:46 PM

the application is not on my local machine, it is on web hoster  machine  godaddy.com

0
tamerelanwer
6/30/2008 7:53:01 PM

Hello,

just do following thing to track the correct issue..

1.) create virtual directory in IIS at your remote(Host)  ,point to the your Published version..

2.) put try and catch in your all methods ..(Specially where your page is load..)

 3.) In catch just writeen the Log for exception message ..that will give you idea for tracking your error for the remote machine...

Thanks..

With regards..

Ashish Shah

India

0
ASHISH1985S
7/1/2008 9:59:26 AM

tamerelanwer:

the application is not on my local machine, it is on web hoster  machine  godaddy.com

I'm assuming they provide you with some sort of control panel for administration....start digging or contact their technical support.

0
Curt_C

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Do I need to install IIS to run .NET web applications?
Do I need to install IIS to run .NET web applications?sujith Hi Sujith,I've used one alternative to IIS for .net before. It is called Abyss Web Server and it's good, at least for my requirements then.You can check it out here at http://www.aprelium.com. This runs on Windows. You can also run .net using Mono. I've not used this before. You can try it out. The site is http://www.mono-project.com. If you're not in a rush, wait for Mono 2.0. This can be run on multiple platforms. Wilsonwww.SideBySide.ws   more over .net2 have internal developement serve...

Applications that Install the .NET while installing the app.
Does anyone know what applications currently install the .net framework? Specifically, I'm interested in which Microsoft applications install the .net framework without needing a separate download. For example, does Office 2003 install the .NET framework when the application is installed? Thanks in advance for the help. Steve usually the .net framework is installed by the manufacturer along with the OS. so almost every comp thats being shipped now with win xp has .net 1.1 hth***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Thanks for th...

How to ask and start sql server installation in vb.net [desktop] application setup ?
hi there...this time its a desktop application.. where application is ready tobe installed... i have made the setup for application thru setup and deployment project for this desktop application...now query is... is it possible that thru setup i can check whether sql server is installed on client pc or not... if it is not installed than i can start sql server installer.. or i can prompt the user to install sql server first.... any help would be great...thanx in advance./. Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give...

How to Run my .exe file or Application in the Background using .NET Application like explorer.exe file is Running always in the Background...(you can see in task Manager..)
Hi , This is Sundar , i want to develope one small Application in windows or web ,that should send the mail continiously according to at what time scheduled in the application and that should Running in the Background always like windows service,SQL server ........ so , please help me ......................  what;s the problem if you develop an windows service and install it in your system.  http://www.15seconds.com/issue/021007.htmGive a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.  see, i have created the Windows services and wh...

Run .NET 3.5 Web Application on 2.0 Shared Hosting Environment
I have created a .NET Framword 3.5 application and wish to host it with a shared hosting company. The problem I have is that the company does not support .NET Framework 3.5 on their hosting plans only Framework 2.0 IIS Windows hosting.Is there anyway that I can work around this? Any suggestions of how I can get the application to work on this hosting. No way out.You need to convert your code to framework 2.0.If you haven't used much of linq or silverlight that should not be a problem.  Sid heart Any dll's or anything I can include with the project? After using LINQ in it!...

Run Web Application Developed in VS.NET to Host server with Framework 1.1 Only
Hello...... I have recently developed web application using VS.NET 2002 and it's work fine in the local machine... I deploy it to host server but nothing work : 1- The Connection String. 2- Cannot Loadt Type() What steps must I do to make it work correctly? One of the errors : Server Error in '/EnCaps' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the follo...

Unable to install visual web developer or visual basic express editions.Task manager shows setup.exe running but nothing happens
Hi ,I have downloaded visual web developer express edition to a CD. When I clicked the setup.exe file I got the message that installation is already running. However the setup is not happening. The task manager shows the process vwdsetup.exe running, but I havent been able to setup the express edition.I had a similar problem when i tried the installation by direct download from the web. wHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? Did you turn off the computer and turn it back on?  Stop the process and try again?  Anything other than run setup and then post a message here?JeffPlease: Don'...

Unable to find an entry point named 'Add' in DLL 'CPPDLL.dll'. while running a c#.net web application
  I have created a small web application using c#.net that calls a function from a dll file created in c++ the following are the files that i have used to create a dll file.. //CPPDLL.cpp file #include “stdafx.h” #include “CPPDLL.h” #include using namespace std; namespace CPPDLL { double Class1::Add(double a, double b) { return a + b; } } //CPPDLL.h file #pragma once using namespace System; namespace CPPDLL { public class Class1 { // TODO: Add your methods for this class here. public: static __declspec(dllexport) double Add(double a...

Web resources about - Unable to run the Application on the host. - asp.net.installation-setup

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...

New patent application suggests Nintendo’s NX console is like nothing we’ve seen before
Nintendo has been close-mouthed about its plans for the Nintendo NX, but a recent patent filing may have tipped the company's hand. If so, then ...