Sql server 2005, can't find the management studio???

I installed the DVD of microsoft SQL server 2005 devloper edition CTP

during installation I selected all parts (include client parts)

but after installation, I can't see management studio, only have configuration manager

can anybody tell me why? and how to solve it?
thanks,
Joseph
0
IndianScorpion
9/10/2005 7:23:53 AM
📁 asp.net.installation-setup
📃 5668 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 697 Views

Go to the SQL Server 2005 web site and check the docs for the product, if your talking about the full product,

or the SQLExpress 2005 site regarding it.  I believe the Manager is only available as a download at this time.

Always a Pleasure never a Chore
0
spideywebber
9/11/2005 9:54:17 AM
The two management studios are separate install under management tools, I have met someone who could not find the setup for management tools in the DVDs so use the link below to download the developer edition.  Please remember to use the CTP compatibility tool in the first link.  Hope this helps.

http://forums.asp.net/1069636/ShowPost.aspx
Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre
10/13/2005 3:23:49 AM
If you install VS 2005 Beta 2 first, it puts SQL Express 2005 on your machine.

If you install SQL 2005 CTP first, VS 2005 Beta 2 uses that instead of SQL Express 2005.

So uninstall both and try installing SQL 2005 CTP , then VS 2005 Beta 2.
0
jrm252