Problems getting started...

Just installed May CTP on W2K3, and am trying to get the ASP.NET Pro Web Parts sample to work (Stephan Walther - MSDN October 2003 - Meet the Web Part Framework)...

So how do I use the Web Parts sample aspx and ascx files with VS2005? There doesn't seem to be an ASP.NET project type in the VS templates, so I tried "new web site". But when I create an empty new web site (containing only a default.aspx) and build it, it doesn't create the virtual directory under IIS. And if I then manually create the virtual directory, IE can't display the default.aspx (gets 404 error). But I can put a plain .htm file in that directory, and IE can display it.
Did I hose the setup somehow? Or has the fundamental relationship between VS and IIS been changed in Whidbey? Or am I doing something really dumb...?
Very confused
DT

0
dtnpsi

I've found the major problem: ASP.NET was not set to "allowed" under IIS 6 Web Service Extensions.

But I'm still a bit confused about what project/solution type I should use that will create the Virtual Directory, etc.
DT
0
dtnpsi
6/16/2004 2:22:54 PM
Open VS 2005. Select the File menu and “New Web site”, press the browse button, select Local IIS to create a virtual directory. If you don't do that, the web project will be created in a folder (default c:\websites), and when you debug your application an internal web server will be used.

/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik

Getting Started with 3.1 -- Install Problem
I'm trying to install 3.1 as a fresh installation.  I believe I have followed the install instructions, but when I navigate to the website for the first time -- after the system churns away for a while I get the error below.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Dan Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: File or assembly name DotNetNuke.HttpModules.AutoUpgrade, or one of...

Problems trying to complete install for get started video.
I recently dl'd and started to watch the video related to Getting Started with ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit V 1,1. In following the video after download, it goes to the directory and clicks on "AjaxControlToolkit.sln" which takes the instructor into VS2005 Studio. My problems start here. When I follow these directions iget the following error: The application for project:  '(1) ...\Program Files\Microsoft ASP .NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\AJAX Control Toolkit\SampleWebSite' is not installed. Make sure the application for the project type() is installed?';&n...

How to ask and start sql server installation in vb.net [desktop] application setup ?
hi there...this time its a desktop application.. where application is ready tobe installed... i have made the setup for application thru setup and deployment project for this desktop application...now query is... is it possible that thru setup i can check whether sql server is installed on client pc or not... if it is not installed than i can start sql server installer.. or i can prompt the user to install sql server first.... any help would be great...thanx in advance./. Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give...

Inspiron 1000 install problem (11.1, 11.2, net install, dvd install)
Ok, I have a plain jane Inspiron 1000, 2ghz celeron, 256m ram, 40gig hd, dvd. I burned 11.2 to dvd, 11.1 to dvd, tried installing both. Both get the dreaded "cannot create repository" (i'm paraphrasing). No problem, I download and burn 11.1, 11.2 net install's, checksums check out ok. I go through the first part where it downloads stuff from download.opensuse.com (or something similiar), then it fails again, not able to install. I get no message on the net installs. Just fails real quick with a red box. I tried a text install, fails. What gives? --...

Problem Getting Started
In have run the 1317set.bat file and still get the following error: Unable to get your db version please run version script against your db and restart your web application (go to update/scripts/ folder and run 1317set.bat). Any help to get me started would be much appreciated.www.creativenrg.co.uk | www.therivercard.com Have you checked your connection string? This is sometimes caused by a faulty db connection. I am new to Rainbow and get the same error when trying to run it for the first time. Does not matter which of the following I comment out in web.config: <!-...

Getting "Problem in Mapping Fragment starting at line ..." error when trying to create table mappings for table associations in ADO.NET Entity Framework
 Table A: COUNTRY_LOOKUP COUNTRY_ID   smallintclustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    COUNTRY_ID TABLE B: COUNTRY_MODE_RULES CARRIER_ID    intMODE_RULE_TYPE_ID    intORIG_COUNTRY_ID    smallintDEST_COUNTRY_ID    smallint clustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    CARRIER_ID, MODE_RULE_TYPE_ID, ORIG_COUNTRY_ID, DEST_COUNTRY_IDThere is a foreign key relationship from COUNTRY_MODE_RULES to COUNTRY_LOOKUPORIG_COUNTRY_IDREFERENCES .COUNTRY_LOOKUP (COUNTRY_ID)DEST_CO...

Problem with non-.NET dll references after VS.NET install
I am not able to use a dll because the vb project references aren't right. I added COM+ Services Type Library, Microsoft Active Server Pages ObjectContext Object, and changed Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.6 Library to 2.7 Library. I am using a Session object via the AspTypeLibrary.Session call throughout the dll, but when i run my asp (not .net) code, the browser just hangs. Wondering if I needed to change or add sourcecode. Schleyer...

Had some problems getting it to start
Name: Pontus Ottosson Email: pundanatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 Summary: Had some problems getting it to start Comments: Had some problems getting Minefield to work. It crashed on startup, eventually used a program that searches for old system files (findold.exe) that found a non working Active-X file that I deleted. It now works, Microsoft-bug. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061214 Minefield/3.0a1 ...

problems with getting started...
I have SQL and IIS installed on different remote machines, running Windows Server 2003. I have Visual Studio install on an Windows XP machine. The installation of the portal starter kit procedes without a hitch, as well as the remote installation of the database files. I followed the instructions in the readme file, under the setup folder. I get an error for the trusted connection when using uid=PortalUser and pwd=PortalUser. Has anyone been able to get the starter kit running using a hardware setup as I described? Can anyone define what my issues are with this setup? Thanks, ...

Getting problem while installing
Name: Vinayak kulkarni Email: vinayak0310atyahoodotco.in Product: Firefox Summary: Getting problem while installing Comments: hi, I have downloaded latest version which is currently on web site ( firefox 2.0.0.1 ) , but when I try to install it it gives me error as "File is currupt". Could you please let me know what is happening actually. I am running on windows XP ( SP 2 ) , RAM 512 MB Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ...

Problem getting started
This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format. --------------ms010607060502000306080601 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm trying to get started playing with hacking mozilla et al, but it seems I'm missing something fundamental. I started with something basic and what should be easy: adding a radio button to thunderbird's settings in preparation for implementing encryption "when possible". First, content/messenger/am-smime.xul: <radiogroup id="encryptionChoices"> <rad...

Problems Getting Started
I have been trying to get the Control Adapters going for the last day. I don't have a clue what's going. My CSS menu is called 'fireMenu'. It is in a themes folder. It is attached to the webpage. My CSSSelectorClass is set to "fireMenu" Here's the code on the source page Here's the link in the header: The webpage does not seem to communicating with the CSS page; none of the changes I've made show up on the menu. What is showing is a vertical menu with a grey background with no separation...

Web resources about - Problems getting started... - asp.net.installation-setup

Chris Christie has a problem with the presumption of innocence
Last night’s debate was more or less dominated by Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, but that doesn’t mean that it wasn’t riddled with deeply problematic ...

Is there a problem with Apple Music?
... page on my iOS device, the song or playlist began playback. In my case, the signup page didnt return until I force quit the app. The problem ...

There's one big problem with this crucial piece of evidence in favor of Steven Avery on 'Making a Murderer' ...
One of the strongest pieces of trial evidence in favor of "Making a Murderer" subject Steven Avery was the vial of his blood from a previous ...

Donald Trump: 'Ted Cruz Is Very Nervous About 'Birther Problem'
Donald Trump did an interview Wednesday night on CNN with Erin Burnett and after he spent a good amount of time dissing Nikki Haley's speech, ...

Jimmy Fallon’s Boss: He Doesn’t Have A Drinking Problem
Jimmy Fallon’s Boss: He Doesn’t Have A Drinking Problem

Hours-Long Delays Affected N,Q,R, B and D Lines Due to Signal Problems: MTA
Signal problems citywide&nbsp;delayed the lines, the agency said.

Free Basics, net neutrality, and the problem with charity
This must have been a pretty bad year for Mark Zuckerberg. He thought he'd be a hero, but now he's a pariah. Why?

Belarus's Russia Problem
BY VALERY KAVALEUSKI - Belarusian president Alexander Lukashenko’s diplomatic team is scrambling to normalize relations with the West. However, ...

Carter says ‘navigation error’ – not mechanical problem – put US boats in Iranian waters
Carter says ‘navigation error’ – not mechanical problem – put US boats in Iranian waters