NET Framework & .NET Framework Software Development Kit??

I know some regular HTML, just enough to get me in trouble  if I'm not careful. So basically I am completley new to this stuff. I do some programming here at home for my own use but nothing Web style, my son has suggested this for me as another project to learn on. My question is I have downloaded and installed the 2 files referenced in the subject line. This is the question, is there susposed to be an Editer in there somewhere? If so where if not just say no. I did download WebMatrix and have looked at it. But a 508Mg SDK file surely has something in there.  Thanks alot. I'm tring to learn.

for developing web based applications, you can use the webmatrix to great extent. Its a freeware provided by Microsoft for users who cannot afford to buy visual studio.net
Once you get a feel of the .net, then you can go for any other products. Actually the next version of .net is coming up and there are many express editions available for free download.
thanks.
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh

How to install .NET Framework 2.0 Software Development Kit (SDK) (x86)
I have Installed .NET Framework 2.0but when I run setup.exe to install NET Framework 2.0 Software Development Kit in commandlineit returns Invalid keyboard code specifiedProgram too big to fit in memorywhy ?Hanzhou,ChinaMy Chinese Blog Sounds like this could have to do with the Locale/Culture on your Machine. Judging from the name of your domicile, Hangzhou , you could be in China?RegardsAndre Colbiornsen ---------------------------------Seventh DayRåbygatan 1A,SE-223 61 LundSwedenMob.: +46-(0)708-97 78 79Mail: info@seventhday.se-------------------------------- yes,I am a chine...

Is it compulsory to install the enire .net software or just the .net framework is sufficient for deployment?
I have created a small application in ASP.net. Now i want to deploy this on another server. Is it compulsory to install the enire .net software or just the .net framework is sufficient? For this will i have to purchase another liscenced .net framework or a downloaded version from the site will suffices my requirement? Please help, i need to deploy it immediately to test it. Thanks in advance to all who can help me out You should only install the .NET Framework on the server. If the server is Windows Server 2003, then the .NET Framework will be pre-installed.  There are...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

What is the difference between microsoft .net framework and microsoft .net framework SDK
What is the difference between microsoft .net framework and microsoft .net framework SDK. And are the advantages of .net framework sdk over .net framework.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- Hi, the .NET framework is the runtime environment that enables your code to run properly. The SDK is the Software Development Kit which holds code snippets etc for developers to check if it needed (that's my basic interpretation of the SDK). I haven't installed the SDK as I use Visual Studio and the MSDN library...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

Installing ODP.net Docs into .Net Framework Help
Does anyone know how to go about installing the ODP.Net Help files into the .Net Framework help system? I know it just works with Visual studio. It seems i may need to generate a HxI file for the system. I have no idea how to go about this....

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

Creating custom installer to install .net framework and installer of another software
 hii m trying to create a custom installer which will install .net framework 2.0 and i have another installer  of a software that i also want to be installed on Install(System.Collections.IDictionary stateSaver) event. Is it possible with custom installer.or i need to use something else like setup Project/Web setup project.please help me out  Regardsnav  Hi nav, Based on my understanding, you want to install .NET Framework 2.0 and another installer with your setup project. If I have misunderstood you concern, please let me know. In my opinion, you need setup boot...

How can I detect if .NET Framework is installed on my visitor machine over the net?!
Thanks! The client doesn't require the .NET Framework. Steven BeyRecursion: see Recursion You can detect from Request object Response.Write(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")) You will get value some thing like Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) See, Its not only tells that your client machine have .NET Framwork but it will also tells you about the installed version(s).~ Firoz AnsariPune, Indiahttp://www.firozansari.comWhy product testing is important? Many thanks, but is that a ...

question on installing VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Question 1: on the download page for v1.1 of the .NET framework, there are two separte download listed, one under Step2 (.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and one under Step4 (.NET Framework SDK 1.1). 1) i downloaded the first((.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and have NO IDEA where it installed the files. can you tell me where these files are installed. 2) when i go to install the second, it prompts me for a directory. do i need to specify where the files for the first were installed? if so where is that? I do not want to have duplicates all over the place Question 2: The installation ...

Web resources about - NET Framework & .NET Framework Software Development Kit?? - asp.net.installation-setup

Doha Development Round - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Doha Development Round or Doha Development Agenda ( DDA ) is the current trade-negotiation round of the World Trade Organization (WTO) which ...

Wading pool got 30cm of water? You need development approval - AdelaideNow Search Search
RESIDENTS are risking $500 fines by setting up some blow-up pools in their backyards this summer, under a little-known State Government regulation ...

Xi envisions Chongqing as int'l logistics hub, stresses development
Xi envisions Chongqing as int'l logistics hub, stresses development

Leverage geographically-distributed development
Geographically-distributed development, or GDD, has made a name for itself as an extremely-effective IT strategy model within global enterprises ...

‘Arrested Development’ Season 5 will parody ‘Making a Murderer’ and ‘Serial’
Rumors surrounding a fifth season of Arrested Development have been swirling around ever since Netflix did the world a favor and rebooted the ...

Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Set To Raise $260 Million Through Bonds Issue
... and public sector financial entities are looking to raise fresh funds to cater to the increasing demand. The Indian Renewable Energy Development ...

Arrested Development Season 5 Spoofing Making a Murderer - Collider
Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz says the new season will be a murder mystery in the vein of Netflix's Making a Murderer.

Second Marvel Comedy In Development At ABC
ABC is developing a second Marvel comedy series, in addition to the previously announced Damage [...]

Courteney Cox To Star In Charity Comedy Series In Development At Fox
Cougar Town leading lady Courteney Cox has found her next starring vehicle, a single-camera comedy from former The Office writer-producer Robert ...