Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 + IIS. Help ! "Access denied."

 I'v installed Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 , and IIS. (Windows XP Professional)
When I'm creating a new C# ASP.NET project, and trying to run it I get the ERROR below.

PLEASE help me

Tnx

Tal

Server Error in '/New' Application.

Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\new\f6d1460a\f5c61787" is denied.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\new\f6d1460a\f5c61787" is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\new\f6d1460a\f5c61787" is denied.]
   System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +393
   System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path) +632
   System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +195
   System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.DoFirstTimeInit(HttpContext context) +85
   System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.EnsureFirstTimeInit(HttpContext context) +97
   System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.GetPreservedAssemblyEntry(HttpContext context, String virtualPath, Boolean fApplicationFile) +29
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemFromPreservedCompilation() +91
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean fCreateIfNotFound) +148
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath() +125
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
   System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser) +171
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext context) +43
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +485
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +170
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +414

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032
0
Tal

This may be obvious, but did you follow the instructions in the error message?  If so, delete the entire temporary folder structure and try again.

Jeff

jeff
8/28/2006 12:09:41 PM

I'v delete this directory, and built again the project - I get the same ERROR.

(Note: I turned off the indexing serivce)

0
Tal
8/28/2006 2:07:29 PM

Did you check the permissions as indicated?  Running aspnet_regiis.exe -i should also clear up some of these types of problems.

Jeff

jeff

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. The ASP.NET process is not authorized to access the requested resource. For security reasons the default ASP.NET process identity is '{machinename}\ASPNET', which has limited privileges. Consider granting access rights to the...

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

I couldn't install Visual Studio.Net 2003, while installing an error message "Internal Error is comming"
[DMW: deleted due to the length of the log, and what follows is what's important][09/29/05,14:28:23] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: ***ERRORLOG EVENT*** : ACTION FAILURE: Action ended 14:28:23: CADpc.D0DF3458_A845_11D3_8D0A_0050046416B9. Return value 3. See MSI log for details.[09/29/05,14:28:23] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: ***ERRORLOG EVENT*** : ACTION FAILURE: Action ended 14:28:23: INSTALL. Return value 3. See MSI log for details.[09/29/05,14:28:30] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: MsiInstallProduct return cod...

please help me any one i install visual studio 2003 .net.i install iis
please help me about when i open asp.net application project or run then this message is display:-Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Source Error: Line 16:   {Line 17:   ...

Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\.." is Denied
I frequently get this error while requesting the webpage .aspx Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary ASP.NET Files\mjbnet\6983a9d7\54a73a5b\hash.web" is denied. When ever this error occurs I restart my system and delete the repective project folder from the above location and build the application. Now this error is occured more frequently. Please let me know if there is any solution other than what I am trying to do. Thank You... I had many time the same error, it looks like a bug with temporary file accessangiras Hi, Stop ...

Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net..." is denied
I just finished installing IIS 5.1.  I have an existing project someone else created that I will be working on.  I have set up a virtual directory in IIS for the site and have given read/write permissions to the ASPNET account and the IUSR_ account.  When I attempt to open the main page I get the following:  Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4233\Temporary ASP.NET Files\blah\blah\blah" is denied. I've done everything short of granting "Everyone" Full Control of everything and I can't seem to get past this error. ...

error message: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create the application <application>. The likeliest problem is that required components are not installed on the local Web server."
after enabling ssl using iis certificate services, creating and installing server and client certificates; i encountered this message when i try to reopen the project in vs 2003. how to work with ssl web apps in vs.net. please reply asap......

Web resources about - Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 + IIS. Help ! "Access denied." - asp.net.installation-setup