Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

I dont believe that no one can help me in this damn error,

Please, I'm gonne lose my job offer If I didnt fix this. I have spent 7 days searching with no use !!

I use ASP.NET 2.0 with C# to develop an intranet site, it was working perfectly when i was on Visual Studio, when i tried to publish the site it gave me that error.

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

the web application on IIS server, windows 2003 - the database on a different server windows 2003, sql server 2000.

Regaeding that we have proxy server, one firewall.

I tried to do the following steps with no use :(

1. Create a Domain Account with priveleges similar NETWORKSERVICE (windows server 2003).

2. Grant this Domain Account (DomainName/NETWORKSERVICE ) access in the SQL Server Database for the necessary databases (created a new login for this user and gave it the privillage creator, read, write)

3. <identity impersonate="true" userName="DomainName\UserName" password="password" />

The second method is to simply set identity impersonate to true and assign the username and password in the IIS.

1. Type inetmgr from your command prompt and give enter.

2. This would open the IIS Control Panel.

3. Expand the appropriate nodes and select the Virtual Directory of your application.

4. Right Click and select Properties.

5. Switch to the Directory Security Tab.

6. Under Anonymous access and authentication control click Edit

7. Check the Enable Anonymous access in case you want people to access the application without logging in with Windows Logon Screen.

8. Uncheck the Allow IIS to control password and enter the DomainName/UserName and Password in the respective boxes. Usually IIS uses IUSER_MACHINENAME credentials for Anonymous access.

9. Uncheck if any other authentication mode is checked

I did the previous step exactly like that. and the error still come.
I remind you again we have a proxy server with one firwall
I dont running under https X

My connection string is:
    <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=database server IP; Initial Catalog=database name; Integrated Security=True"; UID="sa" ; pwd="password";
      providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
Please find me a solution

If u wanna gain the race, Just Run.
0
JustRun

Check out this post: http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh/archive/2005/05/25/40489.aspx

Please click Mark as Answer if my reply helped you.

http://noahblu.wordpress.com

"Any fool can recall the flight of birds across a moonlit sky but it takes a genius to forget the face of his mother."
0
noahb
3/23/2008 11:42:46 PM

I did exactly what said in this article, and still the error arise

If u wanna gain the race, Just Run.
0
JustRun
3/24/2008 12:27:22 AM

I am also seeing this error - it just started up yesterday (Monday, April 7, 2008).  Besides getting it (intermittently) from a web application that has been stable for a while, I am also seeing it (again intermittently) from both Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer/SQL Server Management Studio.

My configuration is: Window 2k3 SP1, SQL 2000 SP3.

TIA,

Ron L

0
rlounsbury
4/8/2008 1:29:23 PM

HI,

Actually I've solved my problem, so please follow the steps that I wrote in beginnig of this thread. And take care of the user name cause this was my idiot problem as I forgot to make it NETWORKSERVICE , and created it with named ASPNET Embarrassed.

Also on the database server you make sure that you run regsql and conguire it with your database.

Please let me know your progress.

If u wanna gain the race, Just Run.
0
JustRun

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Came in this morning and im getting the following error in our Provisioning tool. This was working as of yesterday and no changes were made to the web.config file. Ive failed over the cluster on the sql servers and also restarted the provisioning engine. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. The SQL server is setup for mixed mode authentication and ive opened my web.config file with visual studio and can make a connection with the same sql user and pass thats in my web.config to the proper databases.  The provisioning se...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
This code is giving me this error using System; using System.Configuration; using System.Data; using System.Data.SqlClient; using System.Text;     namespace WebApplication1 { /// <summary> /// Summary description for WebForm1. /// </summary> public class WebForm1 : System.Web.UI.Page { private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { SqlConnection con; string sql; SqlDataAdapter adExisting; //con = new SqlConnection("Data Source=slon12d11012";User ID=nnichol1;); //con = new SqlConnection("Initial Catalog=DACari;Data Source=slon12d1101...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hello, I have installed DotNetNuke on my computer and did everything they said in the Configuration. But when I want to start http://localhost/DotNetNuke I receive an error: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. What is this. There is a Datavbase called DotNetNuke in SQL-Server gr. miles You have to have a user assigned to the database and use those credentials in you connection string (web.config)...~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us This is a sql/msde authentication issue. Your web.config is using windows authent...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Can anyone tell me why I get this error message and how to fix it? Thanks, Scott I would guess that it is because your SQL server is set up for windows authentication rather than mixed mode, and that your ASPNET account doesn't have a corresponding SQL server account. Jeff MartinMCSD C# .NEThttp://www.jeffmartin.com I found this method of changing modes on another site, and it helped me a lot. You can change the authentication to "SQL Server and Windows" by changing this registry setting: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer LoginMode = ...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
After sucessful installation of portal Starter kit, Portal Database was created and portaluser was the new login created. but when i tried to access the portalVBSDK on my PC this error is displayed. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user '(null)'. Rea...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
hi all. This is my first web form,and I am trying to conenct to a table in Ms SQL Server. when I run my program I got the followin error message: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. I am using windows 2000 authentication. How can I fix it ? Thanks jsn hello, u need to privde a username and password for the SQL server that you are using !!!Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP 1. Open IIS, right-click on the virtual directory for your site and click on Properties. 2. Click the Dire...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
 Hmmm.... I have been developing a site on my local machine and it all works there. When I push it to the web-server it does not. I have used connection strings in my web.config file that look like this (the names have been changed to protect the innocent.. or me...) <add name="TDemoSiteConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=192.168.8.37;Initial Catalog=TDemoSite;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=TDemo;Password=fred" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> When I call a table adapter I get the error 'login failed for user null'. W...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection #2
I realize people have had this problem before. Probably on this very board. But I am up against a wall and none of the solutions I have found online work at all. I have a asp.net 1.x application that sits on an IIS server and talks to an SQL 2000 database on a separate server. It was working fine until about a week ago when all of the sudden I started recieving the following error: "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" In IIS manager the application is set up in a virtual directory, denies anonymous users, and uses only Integrat...

Perplexed: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
I am having problems with my app.  I am developing an app on my local PC.   I am using IIS locally to test it in Visual Studio.My application is hitting a SQL Server on a remote machine.I have a drop-down list that works find when testing from my local PC.  But when I have remote users test this application I get the following error when it tries to run the code that gets the contents of the drop-down list from the SQL Server:System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.Here is my connectio...

Erro : Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Hi, I am built-in web server feature of VS 2005 to run my web application as I dont IIS is intstalled on my desktop computer. from this page , application is connecting to SQL server 2000 installed on Windows 2003 Server  on a remote machine. Here is connectionStr = "Data Source=myservername; Integrated Security=True; Trusted_Connection=yes;Initial Catalog=myDB" Application is generating foloowing error message when try to open the connection SQLServer.Open() method. "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" Any help in thi...

Web resources about - Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection - asp.net.installation-setup

Kim Kardashian & Amber Rose Selfie Shocks: Twitter Poll To Title Kanye West Album Gets More Votes Than ...
Kim Kardashian is famous for, well, being famous. And the Keeping Up With The Kardashians star knows how to use that fame to get even more attention, ...

YouTube may get live 360-degree videos
The virtual reality revolution is almost here, and YouTube wants to be ready for it. The Google-owned property is getting ready to roll out ...

Tata Motors In India Decides To Rename New Hatchback Called Zica
“Zica” seemed like such a nice name for a new zippy hatchback from India’s Tata Motors. It’s a cute name that isn’t (as far as we know) secretly ...

Yahoo!: CNBC’s Faber Questions Ebitda, Cramer Demands to Know About a Sale
Shares of Yahoo! ( YHOO ) are down $1.89, or 7%, at $27.17, as the Street mulls the company’s announcement yesterday afternoon of a lower-than-expected ...

North Korea plans to try again to orbit satellite
The Unha-3 rocket, the platform for North Korea's (sort of) successful satellite launch in 2012. Another launch has been announced for February. ...

Apple Watch impact resistance in doubt after man successfully sues Apple over damage
How resistant is Apple Watch to impact? Apparently, not resistant enough for Apple to replace it if its glass cracks under standard warranty ...

O.J. Simpson's lawyer Alan Dershowitz told us the most lasting impact of the trial
While people may call the O.J. Simpson case " the trial of the century ," one of his lawyers doesn't think it ranks as one of the most important ...

Two Men Catch on Video the Moment They Are Nearly Struck by Lightning
YouTube Link Meanwhile in Australia, where people with charming accents are about to be killed by All of The Things, a storm is blowing in. ...

Bill Cosby Witness Says He’s On The Side Of Prosecution
In a hearing to determine whether the criminal charges will go forward against Bill Cosby for several alleged rapes, a former prosecutor and ...

How to uninstall the Windows 10 'Recommended' update and go back to Windows 7 or 8.1
Now that Microsoft is forcibly downloading Windows 10 onto unsuspecting Windows 7 and 8.1 users’ PCs there’s going to be a lot of unhappy customers ...