localhost is not set up to establish a connection on port 51624 with this computer

I'm trying to run asp.net locally, but getting the error

localhost is not set up to establish a connection on port 51624 with this computer

How can I fix it?

0
avmood

Can you provide some additional information about the VS version and operatin system you are using..

Also are you running this on VMWare or something like that?

0
subhashdike
3/12/2009 4:26:01 AM

 I'm running visual stuido 2008 with windows vista. It was working yesterday and all of a sudden it just stop working. When it tries to run, here is what it shows on the status bar

Connecting to site [::1]

res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm

0
avmood
3/12/2009 4:38:15 AM

I found same problem in the article http://forums.asp.net/t/1394856.aspx so do the following steps

The solution is removing the next line in the windows host file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

::1  localhost

This is an IpV6 entry. Put a # in front of it. "

Instead of commenting this IpV6 entry adding the following IpV4 entry above this line also helps:

127.0.0.1   localhost

or

 Commented out the line

::1          LocalHost

with a # in the hosts file and it now works.

You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him to find it within himself.
0
omalbose
3/12/2009 5:14:06 AM

 Thanks so much, that works. I got stuck on this for a couple of hours and couldn't find a solution.

0
avmood
3/12/2009 5:36:16 AM
hi
i trying remove ::1 in hosts while
i opened host file in notepad then edit the file
but i m trying to save this file an error is coming -> cannot create the C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file
make sure that the path and the file name are correct
jagwinder singh
0
walia_jagwinder
3/14/2009 2:15:34 AM

 Hi jagwinder,

go to the directory C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and check that whether the hosts file marked as readonly. If it is unmark it any try again. I hope you got the administrative power to access the windows root directory.

Regards

Omal

You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him to find it within himself.
0
omalbose
3/14/2009 7:16:57 AM
hi omal
thanks for ur reply
it is unmark...i tried in both way (with marked n unmarked) but the problem is same
jagwinder singh
0
walia_jagwinder
3/14/2009 8:03:32 AM
hi omal
i done it...i checked my security settings..now its done
thanks a lot its working now
jagwinder singh
0
walia_jagwinder
3/14/2009 8:11:37 AM

I search for long time in msdn but not found thank you

0
srekam
3/16/2009 7:46:57 AM

Thanks, omalbose, that worked for me

0
tompatam
3/23/2009 3:00:38 AM
Thanks for your advice;;It works partly with me.If I creating a web site project based on "file system" it worksbut if I creating a web site project based on "HTTP" it doesn't work although I've tried your input to the host file, but it doesn't workI have Visual Studio 2008, Vista Ultimate,,, and this is my first time to create a web site project in this components.Your advice is highly appreciated.

Wizard
0
mjksoft
3/30/2009 6:42:34 AM

Thank you for this - it is something I've been struggling with for a while now.

Why on earth has it just started doing this? I've always been able to debug locally on my machine before. Presumably this has come from a Microsoft update or something, which would be fine, if they provided any information on what it is for and how to resolve the problem but they don't. How frustrating.

Appreciate your help with fixing it!

0
djs25uk
4/4/2009 1:48:19 PM

You're right.  I had similar issue with checking my Glassfish server.

I'm able to start from command-line, CDI.

But was not able to view from browser due to the IpV6 convention.

You're solution allowed me to view

127.0.0.1 localhost

Thanks alot man, worked great.

If anyone else has this problem edit hosts file.

Do a copy of hosts and modify it outside of directory (like your desktop).

 Follow omalbose's suggestion.

Then rename file to hosts.

Then move edited file back into C:\\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

0
llin0406
5/2/2009 2:27:34 AM

walia_jagwinder:
hi omal i done it...i checked my security settings..now its done thanks a lot its working now

Pls could u advise how u effected changes to the security settings. I'ave been stuck for too long trying to edit the 127.0.0.1 localhost. I followed Omal's instruction as PC admin to uncheck the 'read only' and applied the changes but was getting similar error/refusal message that you got earlier. I went to security tab but just couldn't see any button to change.

morgkele

0
morgkele

Localhost is not set up to establish a connection op port "49386" with this computer
I have installed Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition. I am creating a website ASP.NET Web Site Location: File System Lenguage: Visual Basic When trying to "Start Debugging" I got an error from Internet Explorer: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" Then I click in: "Diagnose Connection Problems" I get the following message: "Localhost is not set up to establish a connection op port "49386" with this computer" (always the same port number, so no random port) Do I need to do something else than installing the program in my ...

Localhost not able to establish a connection on port ...
Hi I have just starting getting the above message when trying to run my application locally, this is the first time it has happened, I have not recently installed any new software or antivirus software. The only antivirus software I have running is Avira AntiVir. I have not made any changes to my firewall, web.config or application properties. running VS2008. Any help appreciated. Hello, Can you verify the SQL Service is running? (Start -> Administrative Tools -> Services) I would also look in the Event Viewer for any errors. You may also want to try rebooting to see if ...

Has anyone set-up muliple ports on a single localhost installation
Hi,   I finally managed to get a DNN4.0.2 installation up and running on my PC ( It has only taken me about 40 hours of fiddling around).  Next problem is how do I set-up multiple portals and how would I address them using the local browser.   Thanks Les Les.. only 40 hours - you were spoilt!!! If you are like me an many others running a local virtual directory - you will need to use the host/Portals/ Add Portal - child option.  you can't really run it sucessfully any other way on a local dynamic IP environment. So, for example - http://localhost/dnn  would...

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP:PORT"
 Hi all, "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP:Port"  this is the error i am geeting while sending an email using System.Net.Mail My Code here :MailMessage objMail;        SmtpClient objSMTP;        // Now create the email        objMail = new MailMessage();        objMail.To.Add...

Connect to localhost:51492 connects to itself when dynamic port is same [Edit]
Windows 7 (patched up to date), Delphi 2007 (haven't migrated yet), Windows TClientSocket We have a program that every second attempts to connect to localhost port 51492 (sometimes users run a client on localhost that listens on that port). This has worked fine for years on XP (where dynamic ports are assigned in the range 1025-4999 if I recall correctly), however on Win7 when windows sets the source dynamic port to 51492 we end up with a socket that's connected back to itself and just echo's whatever we send out the connection right back. This seems a bit odd that a tcp/ip ...

both VS .NET 2003 AND VS .NET 2005 ARE INSTALLED SAME COMPUTER. IT IS POSSABLE
Edited by moderator XIII: please use a normal font size: Hi I have my computer Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Framwork 1.1 and all propram are runing VS .NET 2003 . I want to load my computer VS .NET 2005 and Framwork 2.0. I am not Interest to uninstalled VS .NET 2003 AND Framwork 1.1. I want both VS .NET 2003 AND VS .NET 2005 ARE INSTALLED SAME COMPUTER. IT IS POSSABLE . PLEASE HELP ME. IF ANY PROBLEM ARE THER IF VS ..NET 2003 AND 2005 ARE SAME COMPUTER. Please help me. Saikat Hi, I have both the frameworks and IDE's installed on my dev laptop without any problems. However if you wish t...

Install .NET on my computer
Hi,What are the steps to install ASP.NET on my computer?Thanks...   .NET and Java planets Download the DotNet Framework from Microsoft's site and away you go.In actual fact, it's the framework that you will be installing.  ASP.Net is the description given to a type of application you can create using the framework. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site You can also install the various framework versions through WindowsUpdates.  All can be installed at the same time, but if you're starting out and have no existing apps to run, then 2.0/3.0 would be what you want...

Connecting to Webservice from smartdevice Application in .net gives an error "could not establish connection to network".
Connecting to Webservice from smartdevice Application in .net gives an error "could not establish connection to network".chsk  Check up the following: 1)Internet connection is on & working. 2)Ping the server where the Webservice is hosted on. 3)Try browsing to the Webservice url using pocket IE. If all this tests works fine - then the problem is in your code.   Goodluck  ...

Error in using a VB.NET .exe file on a computer that hasn't studio net installed
I've create an VB.Net Console Application and i'm trying to make the exe run on another computer that has, let's say windows 98. i've installed on this computer the net framework but it doesn't seem to be enough. what do i have to install also? i've used the following references in my application (if it has anything to do with this): Imports System.IO Imports Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel I've also copied on the test computer Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll in the same folder as the exe file. It doesn't give so many error, but one: Object reference not set to an inst...

ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider
I've spent a week plus searching link afte link on people using the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider. Grabbing Roles (Groups) from AD no problem, but actually getting User Information with Membership.GetUser? Fails everytime. In the end I ended up followng the steps in this blog post (http://blogbybob.com/archive/2007/03/09/active-directory-membership-and-roles-in-asp-net-2-0.aspx ) Problem is with: <add name="ADMembershipProvider" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="ADConne...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #4

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #3
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, Hi  I think you are trying to connect with remote server using windows authentication mode.Sql won't allow this ,so try to connect with server using sql authentication mode with(username and password)Happy ProgrammingShashi.  Check if this thread on the same discussion can help.http://forums.asp.net/p/1193329/2062685.aspx...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #6
hi there! I've uploaded my website at online server. which has its database on its local server. Now whenever Im trying to open the website. I get the following message instead of website. "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) " Im using sql server 2000 for database. Asp.net 2.0 Please hel...

Web resources about - localhost is not set up to establish a connection on port 51624 with this computer - asp.net.installation-setup

Police tear open roof to arrest man in connection with stabbing murder
Police have torn open the roof of a Gold Coast home to arrest a man in connection with the stabbing death of 16-year-old Michael Brack.

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...