Is it possible to install vs.net 2003 ans vs.net 2005 on the same machine ?

hello, All:

            I am use the vs.net 2003 on my computer ,now I want to install vs.net 2005 on  the same machine .

            is it possible to do it ?  when I install vs.net 2005 finish,anything special need to be config ?

  thanks in advanced!

0
mexicoEdward
2/6/2007 6:05:53 PM
📁 asp.net.installation-setup
📃 5668 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1587 Views

Yes you can install both.  You will need the 2.o/3.0 version of the framework for 2005, and if you run 1.1 and 2.0+ apps on IIS you'll need to set up sepaarte application pools (IIS6).

Jeff

jeff
2/6/2007 6:12:58 PM
This is no problem. You may need to mannually change the framework that each of your web sites are mapped through (upgrade 1.1 to 2.0). I have both intstalled on several workstations and have had no problems. So Go For It!
Chris Love
ASP.NET 2.0 Your Visual Blueprint for developing Web Applications
0
docluv
2/6/2007 6:13:19 PM

thanks a lot !