Installed .Net 3.5, now Web App. doesnt work and get Performance Library Errors

Hey guys,

Need some help on this one.  Two days ago I had a server admin install .Net 3.5 on my machine and now all .Net apps no longer work on the server.  I need help.  I am in deep water and this is what I have done after realizing this problem.

First I received a 404 2 0 Page error which after looked up could mean the ASP.NET frameworks not found.

1. Uninstalled all .Net frameworks.
2. Fresh clean install of Frameworks one by one start with 2.0 then jumping to 3.5 both being redistributable packages.
3. Restarted IIS, Application pools and still nothing
4. Ran aspnet_regiis.exe -i
5. Checked the application logs and found the following errors.
6. Searched on the internet and got very little and it doesn't look like the performance library errors would cause the app not to work and not load.
7. Found a "maybe" solution was a clean re-install of IIS.  Don't really want to do this due to multiple websites on IIS.

Need help guys.  I included me event logs below, hopefully someone can help.

Event Type:       Warning

Event Source:    WinMgmt

Event Category: None

Event ID:           40

Date:                7/17/2008

Time:                1:44:31 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         RSIFL1-390

WMI ADAP was unable to create the object Win32_PerfRawData_ASPNET_2050727_ASPNETAppsv2050727 for Performance Library ASP.NET_2.0.50727 because error 0x80041001 was returned

Event Type:       Warning

Event Source:    WinMgmt

Event Category: None

Event ID:           35

Date:                7/17/2008

Time:                1:44:31 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         RSIFL1-390

WMI ADAP was unable to load the ASP.NET_2.0.50727 performance library because it returned invalid data: 0x0

Event Type:       Warning

Event Source:    WinMgmt

Event Category: None

Event ID:           47

Date:                7/17/2008

Time:                1:44:37 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         RSIFL1-390

WMI ADAP was unable to retrieve data from the PerfLib subkey: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Autocat\Performance\Library, error code: 0x80041009

Event Type:       Warning

Event Source:    WinMgmt

Event Category: None

Event ID:           47

Date:                7/17/2008

Time:                1:45:20 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         RSIFL1-390

WMI ADAP was unable to retrieve data from the PerfLib subkey: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\mssindex\Performance\Library, error code: 0x80041009

Event Type:       Warning

Event Source:    WinMgmt

Event Category: None

Event ID:           47

Date:                7/17/2008

Time:                1:45:20 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         RSIFL1-390

WMI ADAP was unable to retrieve data from the PerfLib subkey: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSSGTHRSVC\Performance\Library, error code: 0x80041009

Event Type:       Warning

Event Source:    WinMgmt

Event Category: None

Event ID:           47

Date:                7/17/2008

Time:                1:45:20 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         RSIFL1-390

WMI ADAP was unable to retrieve data from the PerfLib subkey: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSSGatherer\Performance\Library, error code: 0x80041009

Event Type:       Warning

Event Source:    WinMgmt

Event Category: None

Event ID:           47

Date:                7/17/2008

Time:                1:45:20 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         RSIFL1-390

WMI ADAP was unable to retrieve data from the PerfLib subkey: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSSEARCH\Performance\Library, error code: 0x80041009

Event Type:       Warning

Event Source:    WinMgmt

Event Category: None

Event ID:           47

Date:                7/17/2008

Time:                2:42:00 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         RSIFL1-390

WMI ADAP was unable to create the object Win32_PerfRawData_ASPNET_ASPNETApplications for Performance Library ASP.NET because error 0x80041001 was returned

Event Type:       Warning

Event Source:    WinMgmt

Event Category: None

Event ID:           35

Date:                7/17/2008

Time:                2:42:00 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         RSIFL1-390

WMI ADAP was unable to load the ASP.NET performance library because it returned invalid data: 0x0

Please remember to mark your post as "Resolved" when it is solved, and mark as "Answer" the post(s) that solved it!
0
cheetahtech

I really hate being stupid and have wasted an entire day on stupid.  I sir am Stuck on Stupid.  So just in case anyone else has these errors, go into IIS>Web Extensions>Enable the ASP.NET 2.****.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Please remember to mark your post as "Resolved" when it is solved, and mark as "Answer" the post(s) that solved it!
0
cheetahtech

Error Installing a Web VB App .NET 3.5
I am using VS2008 (first time). I have written a quick VB Web app for .NET 3.5, and it works well on my development XP in debug mode. I am deploying it on a server running IIS 6.0. The installation goes fine. But when I run it, it says there is an error with the web.config file. I checked IIS, and the properties for that application has the .NET version set for 2.0.  When I use the pull-down to change the version, I only see 2.0 or 1.1! Where is 3.5? I have installed "en_.net_framework_3.5_service_pack_1_x86_x64_ia64.exe", and the "Add/Remove Programs" does sh...

Only .NET 3.5 installed but web apps can only use 2.0
Image below shows exactly what my problem is. Why can't I select 3.5 in the list when it's the only version I have installed?I downloaded 3.5 again and selected repair but the problem remains. Saturday3AM:Why can't I select 3.5 in the list when it's the only version I have installed? Because 3.5 uses the 2.0 framework.  You can't select a version, only the framework version, which is still 2.0.  Blame Microsoft for confusing numbers.  :) JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future...

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

installed .net2003 for legacy web apps not wanting to change to .net 2005 Getting errors
I just installed .net 2003 on an xp pro system, iis,......I am getting the following errorThe web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following url "http\localhost.....http/1.1.403 access forbiddenI did the this "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\aspnet_regiis.exe" -i from the http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/a.aspx?u=http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306005as suggested from some internet searchesHELP I have some ticked off managers...

.Net 3.0 & 3.5 install errors
 I'm trying to install VS 2008 but the .net 3.5 framework install fails. I've tried installing .net 3.5 on it's own but it fails. It produces this error Message:[11/21/07,08:52:42] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0a: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0a. MSI returned error code 1603[11/21/07,08:55:36] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0a: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0a. MSI returned error code 1603[11/21/07,09:10:30] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0a: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET...

Web Setup .msi promting for .NET Framework 3.5 on server install, but project targets Framework 2.0
I have an .asmx web service built in VS.NET 2008 that targets the .NET Framework 2.0.  I have a web setup project that packages the .asmx service into a .msi file.  When I copy the install file out to the server and try to install, it states: "This setup requires the .NET Framework version 3.5. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again...." I can not install the 3.5 Framework yet out on the server, so how can I reconfigure my setup project to know to only look for the .NET Framework 2.0?   Thank you!Thank you,  Nevermind.... As usual 2 sec...

Installation of .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5
 Hi all, Can i install Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 at the same Operating system.?Plz let me know.. Thanks:Bijaya Kumar SahooRapidsoft Technologies, GurgaonMOSS 2007, Asp.Net,C#.Net,SQL Server,AJAXhttp://fewlines4biju.blogspot.com Yes. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  Yes , There is no problem. Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like ...

.Net 3.5 sp1 installation error
 I have an application which was developed in .NEt 3.5 sp1 . mine is XP sp2 , .Net fx 3.5 , VS 2005 . This application initially gave the 3.5 error Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptReferenceBase' from assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. So i researched and found out that i needed Sp1 for .Net 3.5 . I uninstalled all my .net versions, and went on with all the steps from Microsoft website. But when i tried to finally instal SP1 , it wont allow me saying : 1603 error : XPSEPSC Installer: [2...

install .net 3.5 without affecting .net 2.0 sites?
On my local system I have developed an older site in asp.net 2.0 and do not wish to upgrade that site. However, I also want to build a new site and for that I want to use asp.net 3.5. Is there anything I should watch out for, or I can I just install the 3.5 runtime etc?please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. Go ahead and install .net 3.5. It won't effect older projects. My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." The 3.5 framework is just extensions to the 2...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

Setup wanting to install .NET Framework 3.5
I am developing an ASP.NET app targeted to .NET 2.0.  I've added a deployment project to it, and a web setup project that uses the output from the deployment project.  When I build the setup and try to install it on a clean server, it wants to install .NET Framework 3.5 first.  How do I turn this off?  I don't want to force end users to install .NET 3.5 if they don't have to. you must do in Prerequisites cause in WebSetup its has default prerequisites <must install framework 3.5 but you can manual its> so right click on WebSetup >>>...

Error in installation framework.net 3.5 SP1
Hi,I have trouble with installation framework.net 3.5 SP1.This is image with error http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorsh2.jpgMy OS: Win XP sp2 I have installed Net Framework 2.0 SP1 with VS web express 2005. Best RegardsMartin Sosna "Don't be evil"-Google...

Web resources about - Installed .Net 3.5, now Web App. doesnt work and get Performance Library Errors - asp.net.installation-setup

Andrew Bogut puts back issues behind him in return performance against Utah Jazz
Andrew Bogut's third double-double of the NBA season shows he is ready for the Christmas Day clash with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Apple hit with class action lawsuit over iOS 9’s performance on older iPhones
... iOS 9 being compatible with older iOS devices, primarily the iPhone 4s. The lawsuit claims that iOS “significantly interferes” with the performance ...

Class action lawsuit seeks damages for the performance of iOS 9 on the iPhone 4s
... “internal testing and/or through other means,” engineers at Cupertino (and even exectutives themselves, perhaps) were aware of the performance ...

Ars Technica’s (virtual) Performance Car of the Year
... coming out of the very slow turns 11 and 12. Brakes could be better. 18 more images in gallery 2015 has been the year of the performance car ...

Cam Newton Comments on Panthers' Performance in Loss to Falcons - Bleacher Report
The 1972 Miami Dolphins can rest easy, but the rest of the NFL will have to deal with an even more determined Cam Newton after the Carolina Panthers ...

Consumers value this in-car technology more than driving performance
... by the infotainment screen has been growing over the past year. In fact, consumers value in-car technology more than the car's driving performance, ...

First Solar Panels Likely To Surpass p-type Crystalline Panels In Performance By 2017
According to Solar Media’s Solar Intelligence, the performance of First Solar’s thin film solar panels is expected to exceed that of the p-type ...

NFL Player Fined For Watching His Daughter’s Halftime Performance
NFL Player Fined For Watching His Daughter’s Halftime Performance

Deadline’s The Contenders: How The Music In ‘Youth’ Became Such A Vital Part Of Michael Caine’s Performance ...
At Deadline’s big awards season day long event last month , The Contenders Presented By Deadline, Youth composer David Lang explained his process ...