Installation of .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5

 Hi all, Can i install Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 at the same Operating system.?

Plz let me know..

Thanks:
Bijaya Kumar Sahoo
Rapidsoft Technologies, Gurgaon
MOSS 2007, Asp.Net,C#.Net,SQL Server,AJAX
http://fewlines4biju.blogspot.com
0
fewlines4biju

Yes.

Jeff

jeff
12/23/2008 12:20:13 PM

 Yes , There is no problem.

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas
12/23/2008 12:20:22 PM

 Is there any chances that it will overwrite

Thanks:
Bijaya Kumar Sahoo
Rapidsoft Technologies, Gurgaon
MOSS 2007, Asp.Net,C#.Net,SQL Server,AJAX
http://fewlines4biju.blogspot.com
0
fewlines4biju
12/23/2008 12:22:52 PM

  Don't think so. If you only want one IDE, you'll just have to uninstall the other one. VS 2005 and 2008 can co-exist on the same OS at same time without any issue.

Dev
0
devcalpoly

install .net 3.5 without affecting .net 2.0 sites?
On my local system I have developed an older site in asp.net 2.0 and do not wish to upgrade that site. However, I also want to build a new site and for that I want to use asp.net 3.5. Is there anything I should watch out for, or I can I just install the 3.5 runtime etc?please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. Go ahead and install .net 3.5. It won't effect older projects. My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." The 3.5 framework is just extensions to the 2...

Crystal reports don't run well after Windows Update installs .net 2.0 and .net 3.5
 I have a web reporting application build using VS2003 and Crystal ver 9.5.Everything was working fine until the infrastructure team run the windows 2003 server WINDOWS UPDATE where the new .net 2.0 & .net 3.5 got installed.I started to get CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException: Error in File:crreport5.rpt -The request could not be submittted for background processing.After I restart IIS , the reports start working again but they stop after a while and I have to restart again ...Please, advise.    ...

I installed .net 2.0 but there is .net 3.0 in the add or remove programs list as well, why
Hi, installed .net 2.0 "i know thats what iam running" but recently i found .net 3.0 as well when browsing the add or remove programs list. .net 2.0 is in the list as well but i dont remember a day i installed .net 3.0. The questions are how did it install. What version of .net is running on my system then. --------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- >>The questions are how did it install.  Are you running Vista?  (.net 3.0 comes with Vista) >>What&...

Web Setup .msi promting for .NET Framework 3.5 on server install, but project targets Framework 2.0
I have an .asmx web service built in VS.NET 2008 that targets the .NET Framework 2.0.  I have a web setup project that packages the .asmx service into a .msi file.  When I copy the install file out to the server and try to install, it states: "This setup requires the .NET Framework version 3.5. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again...." I can not install the 3.5 Framework yet out on the server, so how can I reconfigure my setup project to know to only look for the .NET Framework 2.0?   Thank you!Thank you,  Nevermind.... As usual 2 sec...

I have installed Net.3 shall I Remove Net.2
Thats it , all in the Subject title  thanks NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   3.0 just extends 2.0, it is more like 2.1 to be honest.Chris LoveASP.NET 2.0 Your Visual Blueprint for developing Web Applications   Hi, The .NET 3.0 is based on 2.0. It contains a new set of managed code. It still consists of existing 2.0 components like ASP.NET, ADO.NET, WinForms. The CLR is still v2.0. Apart from this, there are 4 new components introduced in 3.0 are WPF(Windows Presentation Foundation), WF(Windows Workflow Foundation), WCF(Win...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Does DW.Net 2.5 work with .Net 3.0?
Thanks It will work with .NET 3.0 but it uses .NET 2.0 classes. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 12 Sep 2007 10:39:02 -0700, "luiz silva" <luiz.silva@turner.com> wrote: >Thanks > ...

Web resources about - Installation of .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5 - asp.net.installation-setup

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?