Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003

Hi All,
Just want to make sure the following issue:
  1. is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly?
  2. IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?

Thanks!

Edward
0
xpnet
5/26/2006 6:43:51 AM
📁 asp.net.installation-setup
📃 5668 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1506 Views

During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems.
HTH,
Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes
5/26/2006 7:09:02 AM

1)  No problem.  If you open VS2003 projects in VWD it will convert them to the 2.0 framework, so watch out if that's not whwat you want.
2)  Works fine.  Need to run each framework in a separate application pool.
Jeff

Please:  Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.  That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.
0
jeff