Install 1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side and use the 1.1 csc to compile a 1.0

Hi,

I have the following (tricky) questions:
1. Can I install the 1.0 and 1.1 .NET Framework side-by-side with NO drawbacks on MY PC where I develop the .NET applications? (I do NOT use VS.NET)
2. After installing the 1.1 version, am I STILL ABLE to compile a 1.0 version, since our
production web-server still runs on 1.0 (our development web-server was upgraded to 1.1) ??
thx
Eau

0
dknyoli
10/15/2003 3:34:55 PM
📁 asp.net.installation-setup
📃 5668 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 7 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2700 Views

.... as long as you compile DLLs with the right csc.exe/vbc.exe from 1.0 or 1.1

Free ASP.NET Version Switcher may interest you.
DNN skins Forum
Tressleworks modules
DNN & webhosting
IEWCtrls
0
Bill2clone
10/16/2003 2:50:50 PM
Great tool, thanks for the link Bill.
0
Bryan_Metzger
11/7/2003 11:50:40 PM
Great tool, and above all free.
DNN skins Forum
Tressleworks modules
DNN & webhosting
IEWCtrls
0
Bill2clone
11/10/2003 9:51:35 PM
Is this why although I have 1.1 installed when I open up my Visual studio and I do "help/about", it says 1.0.3754 and not the 1.1 version number?

This is because I have downloaded the RSSReader from 4GuysFromRolla and I cant open their C# project. What I need is the tool above to switch versions?
Thanks
Robin
0
wonderbison
11/21/2003 1:22:32 PM
You have VS.Net 2002, aren't you?
DNN skins Forum
Tressleworks modules
DNN & webhosting
IEWCtrls
0
bill2clone
11/21/2003 1:33:57 PM
Hi

I believe I have yes. I think the build number is 7.0.9466 for VS Net but it does say 2002.
wonderbison
11/21/2003 3:16:23 PM
2002 is hardwired to Framework 1.0

view post 316424
Upgrade to VS.Net 2003, or reinstall Framework 1.0
DNN skins Forum
Tressleworks modules
DNN & webhosting
IEWCtrls