In ASP.NET Project an exe is running at localhost level on a button click event but do not runs after I make virtual directory of same project and runs it at internet level

I have an asp.net project in which thereis a button on which some exe runs which resides in my computer only using System.Diagonistics.Process.Start("path of exe");

 When I am running project on localhost through .net run utility then on pressing that button exe runs smoothly but after making virtual directory of the same project and then if i run that project by typing complete address in address bar then that particular button is not performing its function thus exe is not running . i have already tried to display the whole path in a label on both levels : localhost and after making virtual directory as well........in both cases complete path is visible and matches also but exe doesn't run after making virtual directory and on internet level... need help in this aspect.

thanks in advance

0
jesica

jesica:

I have an asp.net project in which thereis a button on which some exe runs which resides in my computer only using System.Diagonistics.Process.Start("path of exe");

 When I am running project on localhost through .net run utility then on pressing that button exe runs smoothly but after making virtual directory of the same project and then if i run that project by typing complete address in address bar then that particular button is not performing its function thus exe is not running . i have already tried to display the whole path in a label on both levels : localhost and after making virtual directory as well........in both cases complete path is visible and matches also but exe doesn't run after making virtual directory and on internet level... need help in this aspect.

are you aware of the fact, that you are trying to run the .exe on the server?
I'm not sure, if this is actually possible, but if so, I'm pretty sure that the process account needs some additonal rights.

Regards,
TripleTwenty
0
tripletwenty
11/4/2008 8:44:42 AM

 Might be due to permissions.

Dev
0
devcalpoly
11/4/2008 3:32:28 PM

dont understand what you trying to do please explain abit better

Kyle Isaacs
Email : kyle@live-it.com
Skype : kyle.isaacs01
______________________________________
Please do note "FORGET" to mark post as answer if its correct
0
kyle

Running Running Running
Name: John Harris Email: jkharrisatmindspringdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Running Running Running Comments: Why, does Firefox, even when mimimized, still takes up to 20, 30, 40% (or more) of my CPU on my Windows XP Pro computer. It seems to just happily chew up cycles. How do I get it to do nothing while minimized. Especially a problem with virtual machines. Thanks, John Harris Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers...

Setup Project
I have a standard setup project for a windows application that installs the windows app and a console app, along with Access db, to the users machine. After the files are installed and before the setup ends, I want to run the sync app .exe. Anyone know how to make this happen? Thanks.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped.  Use custom actions to do this , please check more steps here http://geekswithblogs.net/mnf/archive/2006...

SR6 is running, and running, and running...
I started it last night at about 1130pm, now its 905 am. It seems to be stuck at 95% on the first partition, with 12 minutes left, and 4 hours 21 minutes elapsed, which I know is bologna. The SMART information has all dissapeared, except for the EEC stuff. Dynastat is not running, but it shows data moving across at a normal speed. I'm not totally sure it's hung up, but it may be taking it's time because it won't move the files in the current area, due to them all being marked as system/hidden. I hope it moves on. Torrance "Torrance Bell" <st...

DLL does not run on .Net 2.0 but runs on .Net 1.1
We have a DLL that was written in .Net 1.1. The DLL was not developed by us and therefore we do not have the source code to modify it. Based on my investigations, the DLL seems to be inheriting from the ‘system.web.ui.pair’ class. Unfortunately, this class is now sealed in .Net 2.0 and it therefore can not be used in inheritance. Does anybody have an idea on how we can make this DLL work in .Net 2.0?  Any walk arounds? Thanks Try to use Reflection to know the stucture of DLL. ThanksGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/...

How to create database and run it in Web Project Setup (VS.NET 2003)
I already create a Web Setup Project by VS.NET 2003. And I have some script files (*.sql) for creating database in SQL Server. How can I use it. I want the Web Setup Project creates for me a new database using script files (*.sql). It's like the Rainbow Portal Setup (sourceforge.net) or the instalation of ASP.NET forums. Can everyone help me ? I'm confused. Do you mean you want to create a database using scripts everytime you create a new project in Visual Studio? If that's it, look at this article on altering Enterprise Templates. Even if you don't use Enterprise Templates, it expl...

Trying to move transparently between run level 3 and run level 5 as autologin user
I've been able to kludge a kill script which finds the correct pid for the kdeserver (or gnome server) after my system comes up in run level 5 so I can drop back to run level 3 mode. Lots of experimentation showed me that using telinit 3 and telinit 5 would occasionally leave the video memory in a mess and I would have the black screen of death. I set the security parameter setting to autologin for me since I am the only user of my machine, but I still have to kludge the default setting under sysconfig (the DEFAULT_WM) under Window Manager to pick a certain window manager, s...

I am trying to run my VS 2003 project but am being prompted to check out files. Not able to run project.
I am trying to run a Visual Studio 2003 project. I go to the menu and select "Debug | Start Without Debugging F5". in the IDE. TOnce I have initiated the run process, I am then prompted to check out some .aspx files for edit. Strange because that was not my intent. I just run the project. Anyway it won't let me go any further because the files are checked out by another user.  So how do I run the project without it trying to force me to check out the .aspx files. Frustrating since I can't even check them out at this time.   One solution is you can make the che...

Page Load function runs before the Button Click event function runs
I have a button on my page and when I click the button the PageLoad function runs and then the button click event runs.  Is there any way that I can have the button click event run before the Page Load function runs? I believe that with other controls that post back to the server such as a dropdownlist on selection change event the event function executes before the page load executes - if I am correct then why is this different for the button click event? thx, karl On each page post back (no matter which server side control caused it) , the page_load event handler will...

How to run install and run sample downloaded project of microsoft Learning Resources
I have downloaded all project from http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/learning/default.aspx When I install files it install at the location C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\MSDN\Learn Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition\C#\Lesson1 There are just  .aspx,.cs and .config file. How Can I Play the project.Please help. I have used visual studio.net2003 but complete newbie to 2005. Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post ...

How to Run my .exe file or Application in the Background using .NET Application like explorer.exe file is Running always in the Background...(you can see in task Manager..)
Hi , This is Sundar , i want to develope one small Application in windows or web ,that should send the mail continiously according to at what time scheduled in the application and that should Running in the Background always like windows service,SQL server ........ so , please help me ......................  what;s the problem if you develop an windows service and install it in your system.  http://www.15seconds.com/issue/021007.htmGive a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.  see, i have created the Windows services and wh...

[update from 11.1 to 11.4] run level 3 reached but inittab configured to reach run level 5
Greetings ! I played the apprentice sorcerer trying to install mysql workbench by my own and I ****ed up the system 11.1 by removing accidentaly some libraries and decided to jump on 11.4 by using the update feature from the DVD. It worked all good (it seems at least: I didn't lost any datas and all my servers are running ok) but there is no more X11 server (kde) running for the run level 5. I checked the inittab file and it is set to 5. I can log on root account and now I'm searching how to install kde on this new 11.4 system. I didn't yet tried the failsafe optio...

Run script at the end of run level 3.
Hello I would like to run a script after I am sure that the network interfaces are up. I was thinking that this might be the end of init 3 or init 5. In which file should I execute my script? Best Regards Alex -- alaios ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I am not an expert on what scripts are allowed while in runlevel 3, but you could add a symlink to your script to be run while in rl3 like this in a terminal session: Code: -------------------- sudo ln -s /path/to/script/the_script /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/the_script -------...

Is the .NET version defined at the virtual directory level or at the server level?
Installing VS2005 appears to set all the applications on my local IIS server to use the v2 ISAPI filter. (Has it done an aspnet_regiis -v v2.0 under the hood?)  Is it possible to set this back to v1.1 for specific virtual directories or is the version of the framework used by ASP.NET apps a server-wide thing? The .NET Framework default version can be set at the server level. But per site, it's either configured by site and/or virtual directory. You can change it by going to the ASP.NET tab on the properties for the site or virtual directory in IIS. HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | ...

Web resources about - In ASP.NET Project an exe is running at localhost level on a button click event but do not runs after I make virtual directory of same project and runs it at internet level - asp.net.installation-setup

localhost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer networking , localhost (meaning this computer ) is the standard hostname given to the address of the loopback network interface. ...

Google Mobile Apps links cannot connect in Safari always showing "localhost" in address - Google Product ...
... it goes to Safari and tries to connect with the error "Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server". http://localhost/ ...

[INFO] 2015-08-31 02:47:37.186 IN id=pushpin-m2-7999_1, GET http://localhost/sys - Pastebin.com
PASTEBIN - #1 paste tool since 2002 create new paste shop new! tools api archive faq PASTEBIN create new paste trending pastes sign up login ...

Universal Studios finds pirated Jurassic World on own localhost
There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Universal Pictures France appears to have tracked down one source of pirated copies of dino-flick Jurassic World: ...

Universal Pictures Wants To Remove Localhost and IMDB Pages From Google Results
Artem Tashkinov writes: We've all known for a very long time that DCMA takedown requests are often dubious and even more often outright wrong ...

Microsoft Research Paper Considers Serving Web-ads From Localhost
An anonymous reader writes: A paper from Microsoft researchers posits the possibility of 'pushing' web ads to a user's own computer and serving ...

Windows 10 build 10166: Edge browser gets bug fixes and localhost loopback enabled
Earlier today, Microsoft rolled out yet another Windows 10 build for those of you on the Fast Ring. Build 10166 comes with a "wave" of bug fixes ...

Universal Pictures asks Google to delist itself in localhost 127.0.0.1 online piracy bungle
Universal Pictures tried to protect Jurassic World from being pirated but instead showed its ignorance.

Platform Updates: Operation Developer Love
... Contact Us Link Specific event name fails Facebook Invite hangs for an user with about 4000 friends Developer App will not allow "localhost" ...

HOME
Contour Aerospace Ltd