I installed .net 2.0 but there is .net 3.0 in the add or remove programs list as well, why

Hi, installed .net 2.0 "i know thats what iam running" but recently i found .net 3.0 as well when browsing the add or remove programs list. .net 2.0 is in the list as well but i dont remember a day i installed .net 3.0.

The questions are how did it install.

What version of .net is running on my system then.

No Project Too Eazy.
Nick

>>The questions are how did it install.

Are you running Vista?  (.net 3.0 comes with Vista)

>>What version of .net is running on my system then.

Both versions can run side-by-side.

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens
2/23/2007 12:49:39 PM
There is a chance that you grabbed it through Windows Update without noticing. As Steve Indicated, if you have both installed, you are running both versions.
Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones
2/23/2007 1:12:03 PM

Iam not running vista. And if i grabbed it through windows update, which version of .NET then do i install on my production server. Can i install only version 2.0 and have my applications deployed with out any issues.

No Project Too Eazy.
Nick
2/26/2007 5:01:32 AM
If you don't need the .NET 3.0 Framework, you can uninstall it. The only thing you need installed is what the applications you will be deploying on it were made with.
Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones
2/26/2007 1:42:09 PM

So what configurations can be made to the project to make use .NET 3.0 since its already installed.

No Project Too Eazy.
Nick
2/27/2007 5:12:34 AM

The application coded on the .net 3.0 ?

If so, you can update the .net version from IIS settings for your application to run .net 3.0

ASP.NET properties

0
swat

Installation of .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5
 Hi all, Can i install Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 at the same Operating system.?Plz let me know.. Thanks:Bijaya Kumar SahooRapidsoft Technologies, GurgaonMOSS 2007, Asp.Net,C#.Net,SQL Server,AJAXhttp://fewlines4biju.blogspot.com Yes. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  Yes , There is no problem. Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like ...

Crystal reports don't run well after Windows Update installs .net 2.0 and .net 3.5
 I have a web reporting application build using VS2003 and Crystal ver 9.5.Everything was working fine until the infrastructure team run the windows 2003 server WINDOWS UPDATE where the new .net 2.0 & .net 3.5 got installed.I started to get CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException: Error in File:crreport5.rpt -The request could not be submittted for background processing.After I restart IIS , the reports start working again but they stop after a while and I have to restart again ...Please, advise.    ...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

install .net 3.5 without affecting .net 2.0 sites?
On my local system I have developed an older site in asp.net 2.0 and do not wish to upgrade that site. However, I also want to build a new site and for that I want to use asp.net 3.5. Is there anything I should watch out for, or I can I just install the 3.5 runtime etc?please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. Go ahead and install .net 3.5. It won't effect older projects. My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." The 3.5 framework is just extensions to the 2...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Will AJAX Extensions 1.0 (for .NET 2.0) be affected by .NET 3.0?
Hello all,I have a web server that has a couple of site running using .NET 2.0 with the AJAX Extensions 1.0 (but not the ControlKit) and I need to install another Web App site that uses .NET 3.0. I need to know if installing .NET 3.0 will affect the sites that currently use 2.0 and the AJAX Extensions 1.0 as these sites are live and any down time would get me in the @~!£$.If there are issues, are there any work arounds? Many Thanks in advance  The .net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 add features to the .net framework 2.0 so installing the additional framework should not cause any pro...

.NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0 Running parallel
Are there any known issues for both of the frameworks running in parallel on same machine Also searched on the web but would like to know complete reference, before I dirty my hands on the 3.0.Any help is appreciated.regardsRaheel Hussain--------------------------------Blog: http://www.dnfug.com/web/blogs/raheel/URL: http://www.raheelhussain.com/--------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. The 2.0 and 3.0 frameworks don't run separately, they run together.  Think of .NET 3.0 as an extension of 2.0, ...

Custom Paging .Net 2.0 to .Net 3.0
 I have a web app written in VS 2005 that uses griviews with custom paging and sorting done as follows. <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="rec_id" BorderColor="White" BackColor="White" BorderStyle="Ridge" BorderWidth="2px" CellPadding="3" CellSpacing="1" GridLines="None" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" PageSize="20" OnSorting="Gvemp_sort&q...

Web resources about - I installed .net 2.0 but there is .net 3.0 in the add or remove programs list as well, why - asp.net.installation-setup

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland&#8217;s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

Giant Gollum installed at airport ahead of Hobbit film
A 12 metre-long sculpture carved using robotics and chainsaws has been installed at Wellington Airport ahead of The Hobbit premiere.