How do I get my web application running on web server ?

In VB.Net 2003 std I have made ASP.NET web application that runs fine on my home pc when debugging. Then I click "Build web application1" but what are the next/ right steps to get this application running on web server? Then I copied all files to server and made a script(short script with jawa in index.html -file)  that starts WebForm1.aspx, but I get error on web page:<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication1.WebForm1"%>

I am a beginner with ASP:NET and internet.

0
Samppa

Looks like your server is set to the wrong version of ASP.NET for the application.  Chnage it in the ASP.NET tab of IIS or if you use a host, follow the host's process for changing it.

Jeff

jeff

How to get a Windows Server 2008 to run .NET 3.5 AJAX Web Applications
Hi, i'm kinda new to the .NET 3.5 framework.. I just developed a very simple web app using Visual studio 2008 beta2, choosing ASP.NET Futures AJAX. I then added a Web Reference that i call from a Silverlight control.. So far so good: i test it, and it runs locally.. I also have a Windows Server 2008 DataCenter Release candidate version, on which i used to run an ASP.NET 3.0 Web Application, that worked just fine.. But I can't figure out how to run this .net 3.5 Web App on my server: i tried installing the .NET 3.5 Framework on the server, but i still can only deploy 3.0 applications....

PB Web Application and Web Server Setup
Is there anywhere I can get information on hardware/software logistics of putting a Web PB app on the internet? Being new to the distributed pb and web pb development, we are trying to get our feet wet, working with Cervenka's book. We will probably start with an intranet app, which may include remote clients using Novell's Netware Connect (over phone lines). Right now, most of our questions deal with the hardware/software setup of the server pieces and I understand there are many different possibilities. Eventually, we want to put an app out on the net. Traffic will be li...

Running a web application within my existing web application
 Hi. I have a site set up in .net 1.1 that runs fine. A requirement came through recently to incorporate some elements by way of a third party application. I have set up a virtual directory inside my main application which points to the folder that contains the third party application. This virtual directory is also set up to run as an application. The third party application allows me to create forms. I have created a page in my main application that uses 1 user control from the third party application to display a form. I am getting the following error when trying to run the page:Serv...

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

Run web application in web server instead of localhost
Hi there. I want to ask how would I be able to do this. I installed VS2005 to my local machine.  When I run my web application (by CTRL-F5), the local development server activates and run my application, whereas the web address bar displays: http://localhost:2121/MyProj/MyApp.aspx We already have a webserver where all the source codes are now installed.  By accessing the webserver, I am also able to see my application http://OurWebServer/MyProj/Myapp.aspx But I can only do that when i type the address of our webserver on the address bar.  Is there a way that when I run m...

Web application running on same web server with different timezone
Hi, I do have two web application running on a web server with different time zone, say as UK and US. System.DateTime.Now should return US time for one appliation and for other is should return UK date time. I do agree that Sytem.DateTime is returning server datetime. Can i change the web application datetime from global.asax, or by changing the currentThead? What i need is that System.DateTime.Now should return current datetime of configured zone, independent of web server system date. I have seen solution like utc, client side zone change and overriding methods. any o...

Web setup project to deploy a Web application to a target server
I am working on Visual Studio 2005 web setup..I need to customize installation address, scenario is as follows:  I have web setup (.msi) on my machine..while installing the website, the setup is capturing current machine websites to install the website. I want to install the website on different server...I must be able give the IP address of my target server and expecting the websetup to install the website on target server. Only websetup .msi is available on my current machine, i also have the access to target machine. Is there any way that would do my requirement? Copy pr...

Web setup projecte to install the web application other than c drive
Hi all,   I need suggestion how to make a web setup project of an web application to install at other than c drive.  Need help. Not able to do this. Regards        Hi, If i remember correctly the web setup project installs to a website + virtual directory.  If you have a virtual directory that is mapped to "D:\mywebsite", then when you choose that virtual from the drop down list (at install time), the deployment will use the d drive.  Matt go to Tool menu in the VS 2005 select option>> a option window will pop>>...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger is not registered on the web server computer. Visual Studio or the full remote debugger components must be installed on the web server!
Can somebody help me with this error message i get this when i want to debug my web application. I looked on the web many sites are talking about it but no one gives a good explanation for it. I use VS 2005, My OS is Windows XP professional 64 bits(Maybe this is the cause!) And the web prject is a Shop online. Thanks for your help!!  I think you should register IIS with Framework 2.0; How? run the below command on Command Prompt. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i Hope it will work. Regards,  Ather Ali ShaikhSr. System AnalystGASCO Abu Dhabi,...

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

web web web

Profiling Web Applications. Web Application runs slowly
Hi, I have a general question.  I'm fairly new to web programming (as opposed to windows programming).  I used the Microsoft Personal Web Site Starter Kit and added to it (see www.andrewdwalker.com ).  It works fine on my home computer but it is painfully slow to load up on GoDaddy.  I'm trying to figure out why.  Can someone tell what the methodology, tools, etc. are to figure out what parts are causing it to slow down?  I suppose I'm asking a few related questions.  They are: 1.  In general, on home computer or remotely, how does...

Web resources about - How do I get my web application running on web server ? - asp.net.installation-setup

Miller accused's bail application adjourned until Friday
One of the two men charged with causing the one-punch death of Brisbane teenager Cole Miller will stay behind bars until at least Friday.

Apple Stores planned for India as application is filed with regulators
... India Times , the company has recently taken a major step in accomplishing that goal. According to the report, Apple has just filed an application ...

Tech City UK received just 37 applications for a visa scheme that could allow 200 tech immigrants to ...
Tech City UK, a taxpayer-funded government organisation, has received just 37 applications since April 2015 for a dedicated technology visa that ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Toshiba expands ApP Lite processor family for wearable applications
Toshiba has announced the launch of TZ1201XBG, an application processor for wearable devices, as the latest addition to its ApP Lite family for ...