having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0

Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of
the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i
have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the
computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that
is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?
i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i
needed to do any development for work....any comments are
appreciated.  --jp

If my post is helpful please mark as answer
Regards -- jp
(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/BlogViewScreen.aspx)
0
jdingo

no reason to worry about having multiple .net versions on your PC.  We all do that.  Works no problem.  Servers included.
Peter Kellner
http://73rdstreet.com and blogging at
http://PeterKellner.net
MVP, ASP.NET
0
pkellner
2/25/2007 4:26:48 PM
ok thanks for the info. things seemed to work fine but just wanted a more experienced opinion.  thank!  -- jp

If my post is helpful please mark as answer
Regards -- jp
(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/BlogViewScreen.aspx)
0
jdingo
2/25/2007 7:42:02 PM
How about on the server? I've got applications running 2.0 and 1.1 on a windows 2003 server, and it's causing me all kinds of issues. I can get both applications to run, but the 1.1 version won't run crystal reports anymore, even though they worked fine before. I'm looking everywhere for a resolution to this and having no luck.
0
Gcallaghan

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

.NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 on the same PC
I built my ASP.NET app and built it with .NET 1.1 I installed .Net 2.0 and now it will not function properly. How can I tell my App to use the .NET 1.1? Thanks for any help,Thank youJackxxx What tool are you using to code ASP.NET?Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). The PC i am referring to is my test PC and it has no tools. But I used VS.net 2003 on my development PC. Thank you,Thank youJackxxx Hi, Unfortunately, you can not run two...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Upgrading from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi,We write ASP.NET applications for a large UK organisation for which we have two servers - a dev server and a live intranet server.  I would like to convince management to upgrade the .NET framework from 1.1 to 2.0 (and incidently VS2003 to VS2005).If we install the new version of the dotnet framework, will there be any issues with our existing 1.1 applications?  If so, what will the issues likely to be?Your help is greatly appreciated.Ryan Penfold, Truro, UK. Two versions can coexist, so you shouldn't have any issues. So far we have not had any real issues with asp.net 1.1 a...

.Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0 on the same webserver ?
Hi allCan you run .Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0 on the same webserver ? Does anybody do this currently and does both DNN 3.1.1 and the new dnn 4.0 work ok on this configuration ?/JohanFirstDev AB Affärssystem.net Yes, and Yes.John M. to elaborate a bit on that: yes, if you are using windows server 2003. You can select the .net version on a per application basis, however, you can only use one .net version per application pool. So just put your .net 2.0 applications in a different poolcheers,erikErik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands You can do it on XP Pro, or Windows 2000 Server also, you ...

Web resources about - having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0 - asp.net.installation-setup

Beyonce releases new song day before Super Bowl appearance
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A day before her performance at Sunday's Super Bowl halftime show, Beyonce has dropped a new song.

Jason Goodding: Police Officer Killed In Oregon Shooting By Seaside Suspect Phillip Ferry During Shootout ...
An Oregon police officer killed in the line of duty has been identified as Sgt. Jason Goodding. The Seaside cop was attempting to arrest Phillip ...

Hillary Clinton: Women running for office bear a 'much greater burden'
HENNIKER, New Hampshire — Hillary Clinton on Saturday opened up about the struggles she faces in running for president as a woman, saying in ...

Here's how Twitter's new algorithmic timeline is going to work
Twitter went into an uproar Friday after a BuzzFeed report that the social network was on the brink of tossing its traditional timeline for a ...

At least two presumed dead after plane crashes into ocean off San Pedro
Los Angeles Times At least two presumed dead after plane crashes into ocean off San Pedro Los Angeles Times Rescue personnel were called out ...

GeekWire Giveaway: Here’s your chance to replace your laptop with Apple’s iPad Pro + Pencil
The laptop has been around for 30 years, seeing us through a massive upheaval in what it means to create, communicate and get work done. But ...

Neighbors begin vigilance as North Korea launch window opens
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea's neighbors began an uneasy waiting game Sunday, the start of an eight-day window for a planned North Korean ...

Turkey Pressure as Thousands of Syrians at Border - Al Jazeera America
As many as 35,000 Syrians fleeing a government onslaught have amassed along the closed border

/Filmcast Ep. 353 – Hail, Caesar!
David, Devindra, and Jeff review the Coen Brothers latest film, Hail, Caesar! Be sure to read up about the rise of grief policing and talented ...

Elegant White Gowns, Pastels, and Embellishment at the NAACP Image Awards
Kerry Washington, Viola Davis and Laverne Cox all, unsurprisingly, ruled the red carpet at Friday’s NAACP Vision Awards. White gowns, classic ...