Errors from Visual Web Dev 2005 Express just installed.

I have just installed Visual Web Dev 2005 Express and  Visual Studio C#.  I try to build the first website from an example using the Personal Website Starter Kit.

 It invites me to hit Ctrl-F5 to get it going.  The result is an error: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.dll'

 and:

 error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.dll' could not be found

 Now, this is going wrong straight out of the box.  What's going on?

0
HarryD

Please re-install .net framework 2.0. Have you got Dotnet nuke installed by any chance?

Please Mark Post that helped you as answer, also include a summary of what solved the problem as it helps others in similar situations
0
naturehermit
8/10/2007 3:31:38 PM

 I did a Repair and it seems to fix the problem.  Thanks for the pointer.

0
HarryD

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

During installation of Visual Web Developer, SQL Server 2005 Express x86 failed to install
I download the ISO file for Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. I am installing it on a standalone computer in a lab. For security reasons, the standalone computer is not allowed to have Internet access, thus the reason for using the ISO to install. The standalone computer is: Windows 2000 (5.00.2195 Service Pack 4) (not server OS, desktop OS) It has SQL Server 2000 installed along with Enterprise Manager, etc. The installation of the Windows Installer, the NET Framework and Visual Web Developer went fine. But...SQL Server 2005 failed to install.  As far as I can tell, there...

Error Installing the Toolkit to Visual Web Developer Express 2005
Hi all, I have been trying a lot of time, going through the videos and forums to find way to get the AJAX toolkit to work in the VWD.. but it doesn't seem to work when i add item to the toolbox using the "AjaxControlToolkit.dll". I have installed 1. VWD, 2. Visual C# Express, Visual Basic Express, ASP.Net AJAX ... just the AJAX Control Toolkit seems to have problem. Any kind soul or expert has any idea where i went wrong? Thanks in advance!! Hi Jetson, For this kind of  troubleshooting issues , we usually suggest our community members to download a simple sampl...

apllication folder error while installing visual web developer express edition 2005
I have downloaded visual web developer 2005 express edition from this site.....but at the the time of installing it gives the error application folder for visual web developer cant  be created......although the installation completes sucessfully.....but when i open the  visual web developer it shows the same error.......please help... Did you get this problem resolved?-- Mike PopeASP.NET User EducationThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Error when install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition in Vista Home Edition
I was trying to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition downloaded from http://www.asp.net/downloads/essential/ in my Windows Vista Home Edition and it failed, saying an error as: Error occurred during setup: The following component was not attempted: Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - ENU Followed with a popup window from Program Compactibility Assistant saying: This program might not have installed correctly. If the program didn't install correctly, try reinstalling using settings that are compatible with this version of Windows.Program: IExpress S...

Need some help just installed visual web developer and sql express and get 2 BIG ERRORS!!!!!!!!!
Ok as the title says it all, i just installed the 2 programs. I got the CLUB web site starter kit, (oh i'm a newbie for .net) and i get this when i go and configure the site ~```~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect to SQL Serve...

Installing .NET Framework, Sql Server 2005 Express, and Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Will someone please offer some advice, a walkthrough, or something to help me through this?  I installed all three of these pieces (.NET, SQL Server 2005 Express, and VS 2005 Professional) onto a WinXP box.  I was unable to get it to work.  It kept throwing SQL errors when I tried to run the security setup for the Personal Website Starter Kit.  So, I uninstalled everything except .NET and reinstalled.  At this point I was able to get to the setup, but unable to add users.  It doesn't throw errors or anything, it just doesn't do anything.  I really re...

I couldn't install Visual Studio.Net 2003, while installing an error message "Internal Error is comming"
[DMW: deleted due to the length of the log, and what follows is what's important][09/29/05,14:28:23] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: ***ERRORLOG EVENT*** : ACTION FAILURE: Action ended 14:28:23: CADpc.D0DF3458_A845_11D3_8D0A_0050046416B9. Return value 3. See MSI log for details.[09/29/05,14:28:23] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: ***ERRORLOG EVENT*** : ACTION FAILURE: Action ended 14:28:23: INSTALL. Return value 3. See MSI log for details.[09/29/05,14:28:30] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: MsiInstallProduct return cod...

Do I need to install SOL 2005 server express edition with Visual Web developer 2005 beta 2.0?
Hello,,after I install VWD 2005 beta 2.0 on my machine, I also try to install the download 2005 SQL express edition , too. However, It won't let me to install SQL express because it said that I have to clean something on my machine. Do anyone have problem like this? is VWD 2005 have SQL 2005 express in it or not? I am confused... You don't need to have SQL 2005 to run VWD beta 2.0.  However if you are playing with the beta than its most likely because you want to learn about the feature 2.0 offers and if that is the case then I strongly recommend that you install SQL 2005 because...

Visual Web Dev 2005 Express & SQL 2005 Express
Last week I downloaded and installed Vis Web Dev Express 2005 and have it running absolutely fine.  2 days later I downloaded the most recent SQL Server Express but when I try to install it, I get a message saying it has "detected incompatible beta components fromVisual Studio or SQL Server" and that I must "run the build clean up wizard from the cd."  Since I downloaded both parts I dont have a cd.  I dont particularly want to uninstall webdev express because the download was so slow the first time and it doesn't leave an install file for reinstallation.  What's my best ...

Unable to install visual web developer or visual basic express editions.Task manager shows setup.exe running but nothing happens
Hi ,I have downloaded visual web developer express edition to a CD. When I clicked the setup.exe file I got the message that installation is already running. However the setup is not happening. The task manager shows the process vwdsetup.exe running, but I havent been able to setup the express edition.I had a similar problem when i tried the installation by direct download from the web. wHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? Did you turn off the computer and turn it back on?  Stop the process and try again?  Anything other than run setup and then post a message here?JeffPlease: Don'...

Web resources about - Errors from Visual Web Dev 2005 Express just installed. - asp.net.installation-setup

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland’s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

New cycling separations to be installed on ACT roads
New separation measures will be installed and trialled on ACT roads in the next 12 months, as the government attempts to make cycling safer by ...