Error While Trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permissions to debug the server. Verify that you are a member..

Hello.

Can't quite figure out how to get this to work. It sounds like I am having permissions problems. Read through several articles but nothing worked so far. This is my configuration and what I have done.

 Windows XP Pro, Visual Studio.Net 2003, IIS 5.1, Local debugging and hosting

I had to re-install IIS again after Visual Studio.Net 2003 due to IIS not working the first time! Ran into a quick error of not being able to start due to permissions. So I typed this in at a dos command prompt:   %windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet-regiis.exe -i    (This fixed the problem and allowed me to create a web application in VS.Net 2003) But when I try to launch the application F5 (in debug / release) I get the following error message:

Error While Trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permissions to debug the server. Verify that you are a member of the 'Debgger Users' group on the server.

(1) In IIS, I clicked the properties of the default website and checked the Directory Security Tab & Edit and verified I am using Integrated Windows Authentication.

(2) In IIS, I clicked the properties of the default website and checked the WebSite Tab and verified that the HTTP Keep-Alives Enabled is checked.

(3) I added http://localhost to IE7's trusted sites list (Tools/InternetOptions/SecurityTab)

I'm suspecting that the problem is with Users and Groups permissions. (Control Panels/Administrative Tools/Computer Management)

(4) I tried Adding "Administrator", "Power User" and "Debugger Users" groups to the users "ASPNET", "ISUR_N2" and "M8" (my user account). But I still get the error message!

 Am I doing this incorrectly?

Please help! Thank you.

0
MEight

hi,

Try changing the application pool for the Application from default to classic asp.

good luck

praveen

www.aexea.asia
0
praveenas
4/14/2007 8:26:06 AM

Thanxs Praveen.

How do I change the application pool?  I'm using IIS 5.1

Also what does it mean when it states to verify that I am a member of the "Debugger Users" group on the server? What server? IIS?

I have configured all users from the "Computer Management" utility so that they all belong to "Debugger Users", but still no go.

Strange.

0
MEight
5/3/2007 6:42:43 PM

Try to go to Administrative Tools and then to Local Security Policy. And then add EVERYONE to the policy Impersonate a client after authentication(found within Local Policies/User Rights Assignment). Restart your IIS and try to debug the application.

Hope this helps

RamG

0
RamG
5/4/2007 3:26:39 PM
You need to be in the debugging user group. While you are figuring how to all that good stuff, you could run the your application from you VS with out debugging using "Cntl +F5". This would run the application with out attaching the ASP.NET worker processor to debugger.
blog.budigelli.com
0
ravivb
5/4/2007 7:10:34 PM

Check your web.config file too, do you have the allow debugging attribute set to true.

Also your ASPNET user does not seem to have access rights to IIS.

0
ajayg
5/4/2007 7:14:11 PM

Hello MEight,

Did you get any solution to your problem ???

I 'm also getting the same error and also tried all the stuff which u hv explained in 4 points.

But problem is still persisting.

Do suggest me a remedy .  Thank you.

0
vaibhav
2/13/2008 5:27:40 AM

Hi. Vaibhav.

Sorry for the late reply. Didn't see your message until now.

Bad news. I never found a (acceptable) solution to my problem. Since it was vital to get it to work. I actually re-formatted my computer with a clean OS and re-installed all the software. It worked fine after that. (Not a good solution at all. A last resort).

0
MEight

I had a similar problem and i have rectified this thing by changing the integrated windows security checkbox.

To do this goto IIS5.1 management console and then go to your website/virtual directory in IIS under websites folder.

Then right click and goto properties of virtual directory/website. Then goto Directory Security tab and then click Edit button under anonymous control and authentication control and then make sure to check the last checkbox which states Integrated windows security.

This has solved my problem and hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Rahul
Happy Programming
0
rahul_itpro
3/11/2008 2:13:04 PM

VS2003 on XP Pro, .Net 1.1

I was stuck on this for a long time as well.  All it took in the end was lowering my security levels in IE.

 Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > setting lowered to Low

 Debugging worked.

Works!   Sure wish I'd come to this solution sooner.

0
tobydodds
5/20/2008 2:58:15 AM

well, u don't need to re-install OS,

simply close your VS, re-install IIS and that should work(if u tried the solution the others guys posted and doesn't work).

Moon with Ice...
0
PennyFox
6/5/2008 2:42:45 AM

 Hi

I am Facing the Same Problem.I am not able to get through any Solution

I am using Windows 2003 ,with VS 2003 and IIS 6.0

Please help

0
Vbindu

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server-side error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.
Why do I receive the following from: <appSettings> <add key="ConnectionString" value="server=SEVERNAME;database=databaseName;uid=sa;pwd=tester" /> </appSettings> SYMPTOMS When you debug an ASP.NET application in Visual Studio .NET, you may receive the following error message: Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server-side error occurred on sending debug HTTP request. Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start wit...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.
Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request. Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start Without Debugging. You may also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the online documentation. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project? Hi, i recommend u check this set of solutions Error: Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server best of luck.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCT...

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

Error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the web server. the project is not configured to be debugged
I keep getting this error after I made changes to the web.config file. Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong here? I can run the project with Start Without Debugging. What I want to do is restrict access in chksystems directory and allow users in the aspx directory. Thanks in advance. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <appSettings> <add key="strConnString" value="server=sqlserver;database=Dev;uid=sa;pwd=data" /> </appSettings> <system.web> ...

Error while trying to run project:Unable to start debuging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debuged.
hello friends,I m developing one project upto yesterday it run fines but today when i run the project it shown following error.Error while trying to run project:Unable to start debuging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debuged.Plz help me how to solve this problem.Thanks in advance,Regards,Sandeep Suryawanshi In the web.config file make sure the debug=true attribute is set in the compilation tag. <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true"/> HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Hello sir,Thanks for reply,When i m adding this line in web.config. Problem ...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debugged.
I have checked the webconfig file debug is set to true. I had to reinstall .net 2003 now I am getting this error  There are several common causes for this error message.  Most of them are covered in this KB article, along with a link to how to fix each one:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306172 Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debugging on web server. Debugging failed because integrated authentication is not enable.
Hi everyone,I am getting the following error while trying to run my window application in vs.net (vb.net),"Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debugging on web server. Debugging failed because integrated authentication is not enable."Can anybody help me to resolve this error? Try this: http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/learn/whitepapers/howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc Or search the forums: http://forums.asp.net/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=Unable+to+start+debugging&f=&u= Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it ...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.
Hello I'm using Windows 2000 Professional and VS.net 2002. I'm trying to start a web application, but I get this error: "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Access is denied. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project?" I've read the KB and they say: "Verify that you are a member of the Administrators group and the Debugger Users group on the computer. A non-administrator does not have the correct permissions to debug the ASP.NET worker process (Aspnet...

error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server
error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Access is denied. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project? I get this message when I try run a project Why is this happening? I have checked the web config file and debug is set to true In the configuration manager debug is set. I have installed IIS before installing .NET what unknown Microsoft error is happening here?? if the solution is too uninstall and reinstall .NET, then the question will be how many times does a developer have to do this in hi...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.
I am unable to run my web application in debug mode i have review all the steps given below but its still giving the error:---------------------------Microsoft Development Environment---------------------------Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Click Help for more information.---------------------------OK   Help   ---------------------------  My web.config compilation element has debug=true. correct version of asp.net (1.1) is selected in IIS. my virtual directory is configured as web application. my physic...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.
I downloaded IBuySpy Store VS VB on to my computer. I got the store database and VS project components. Every thing looks OK, except the following message pops up when I start the project: Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debugged. What causes the above error? What can I do to fix it? The project runs just fine without error if I start it without debugging. Thanks for any help. Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" Add the following line: To the node in th...

Unable to start debugging. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify the web server is running and that incoming HTP requests are not blocked by a firewall.
I have been using ASP.net 2.0 VS 2005 express edition c# on a single machine with IIS 5.1. Browser is MS IE 7.0. There have been no problems until a few days ago.   Debugging works 30% of the time, albeit very slowly. 70% of the time I get this message: "Unable to start debugging. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify the web server is running and that incoming HTP requests are not blocked by a firewall." This happens for old and new websites alike.   I have: stopped firewalls with no impact. de-registered and registered ASP 2....

Error while trying to run project:Unable to start debugging on web server.Access is denied.
Hi group members, I just started taking ASP.NET for this semester. I have spent all week trying to setup remote debugging on my Windows 2003 Web Server so I can connect to it from my Windows XP Pro SP2. I am going Crazy. I spent more time try to figure this out then doing my home work. I am certified as MCP for Win2000 Pro & WinSer2000, but this is driving mad!!! This is what I have done: Windows 2003 Web Server: 1. Share Permissions are setup on the wwwroot folder for full control. 2. Scripts and Executables is enabled 3. I part of the Debugger Users and Administrator...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.Click help for more information.
This error is making me suicidal,Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.Click help for more information.I have 1.1 and 2.0 framework. I was able to run my 2003 adn 2005 applications with no issue till I installed SQL Server Rep Services 2005 , and now I can not run any of my applications for 2003, I have changed the framework option in IIS for those applications to 1.1, but it won't work,Please help. Is debug set to true in the applications web.config? If it's more complicated than that try running through this check list http://...

Web resources about - Error While Trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permissions to debug the server. Verify that you are a member.. - asp.net.installation-setup

Permission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Fixing Vulnerability That Would Prohibit Users From Revoking App Permissions
Facebook is working to remedy a vulnerability discovered by application security provider MyPermissions , which blocks users of the social network ...

Dwight Murphy - Ok, I now have permission to share the... - Facebook
Ok, I now have permission to share the news about Bowe Bergdahl..This in 2 emails... Here it is in Bob Bergdahls words to me! (1) You guys rock! ...

How-To: Handle Revoked Auth Permissions
This how-to document will help developers check a user's permissions and prompt that user for any missing permissions.

Facebook gives users more options for login, app permissions
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s new mantra of “Move fast with stable infra,” might not be as sexy as “ Move fast and break things ,” but it reflects ...

Arafat's widow grants permission for Swiss lab to test poisoning theory
The Palestinian Authority also approved the probe, which was requested by Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas after a media investigation found ...

Michael Daniel Henderson who killed three teenagers in a smash denied permission to appeal
A driver who killed three teenagers in a hit-and-run smash in southeast Queensland has been refused permission to appeal his 10-year sentence. ...

CSIRO moves toward industrial action: seeks Fair Work permission for protected action ballot
CSIRO's new chief executive Larry Marshall could soon be faced with disruptive staff.