Error when install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition in Vista Home Edition

I was trying to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition downloaded from http://www.asp.net/downloads/essential/ in my Windows Vista Home Edition and it failed, saying an error as:

Error occurred during setup: The following component was not attempted: Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - ENU

Followed with a popup window from Program Compactibility Assistant saying:

This program might not have installed correctly. If the program didn't install correctly, try reinstalling using settings that are compatible with this version of Windows.Program: IExpress Setup

Checked the dd logs file in temp, log files include: dd_netfx20UI6F5C.txt, dd_depcheck80.txt, dd_vserror80.txt, dd_vsinstall80.txt with following errors

dd_netfx20UI6F5C.txt

***ERROR EVENT*** : SYSTEM CHECK: : OCM product installed  Failed

dd_vserror80.txt

setup.exe: [2] ISetupComponent::Pre/Post/Install() failed in ISetupManager::InstallManagerHelper() with HRESULT -2147172341.
setup.exe: [2] Component error string not specified in ISetupManager::AddToActionResultCollection()
ExpressUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - ENU was not attempted to be installed.
setup.exe: [2] ISetupComponent::Pre/Post/Install() failed in ISetupManager::InstallManagerHelper() with HRESULT -2147172341.
setup.exe: [2] Component error string not specified in ISetupManager::AddToActionResultCollection()

dd_vsinstall80.txt

Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - ENU: dlmgr: CDownloadJobBITSImpl::GetState(): TransientError
Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - ENU: dlmgr: Unable to GetErrorDescription : hr= 0x80073afc
Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - ENU: dlmgr: Transient Error
Context: 5 Error code: -2145386480 Description: No description available.
Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - ENU: dlmgr: CDownloadJobBITSImpl::SuspendJob()
Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - ENU: dlmgr: CDownloadJobBITSImpl::RunToFinish() : Retrying download. Retries= 1

Appreciate if anyone can help me to resolve it so I can proceed with the installation and start off my asp.net development.

Thanks!

regards, jaz

0
jaesypg

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

apllication folder error while installing visual web developer express edition 2005
I have downloaded visual web developer 2005 express edition from this site.....but at the the time of installing it gives the error application folder for visual web developer cant  be created......although the installation completes sucessfully.....but when i open the  visual web developer it shows the same error.......please help... Did you get this problem resolved?-- Mike PopeASP.NET User EducationThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Do I need to install SOL 2005 server express edition with Visual Web developer 2005 beta 2.0?
Hello,,after I install VWD 2005 beta 2.0 on my machine, I also try to install the download 2005 SQL express edition , too. However, It won't let me to install SQL express because it said that I have to clean something on my machine. Do anyone have problem like this? is VWD 2005 have SQL 2005 express in it or not? I am confused... You don't need to have SQL 2005 to run VWD beta 2.0.  However if you are playing with the beta than its most likely because you want to learn about the feature 2.0 offers and if that is the case then I strongly recommend that you install SQL 2005 because...

Installation of Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Dear friends, I want to use the VWD 2005 but i have a question about it. I am using currently Visual Studio 2003 and .NET Framework 1.1. Is it possible to install and use VS.NET 2003 and VWD 2005 side by side? Thanks for your support. Best regards, Yes you can.... http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms246609.aspx Burl...

I cannot install Visual Web Developer 2005 express edition
 Hello, I am trying to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. I get following Error message:  Background Intelligent Transfer System (BITS) Error signatureEventType : visualstudio8setup     P1 : 5647     P2 : 8.0.50727.42_rtm_x86_ixpP3 : gen     P4 : inst     P5 : f     P6 : dlmgr_bitsdisablederror     P7 : -2146959355     P8 : -2146959355     P9 : cdownloadmanager__cdownloadmanP10 : - Error report contentsC...

-----------INSTALLATION OF Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition-------------------
Hi guys! I installed VWD 2005 Express Edition. After that I installed DNN 3 but I was having problems with the installation because of the framework. VWD works with framework 2 beta and DNN 3 with framework 1.1. So my question is can I have both installed in my computer? Thanks! Yes you certainly can have both framework versions installed, however iis can only use one at a time.Now, i think, but am not 100% on this that if iis is registered to use 2.0 then it should run 1.x apps as well as 2.0 apps.Hope this helps,Andrew...

Unable to install visual web developer or visual basic express editions.Task manager shows setup.exe running but nothing happens
Hi ,I have downloaded visual web developer express edition to a CD. When I clicked the setup.exe file I got the message that installation is already running. However the setup is not happening. The task manager shows the process vwdsetup.exe running, but I havent been able to setup the express edition.I had a similar problem when i tried the installation by direct download from the web. wHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? Did you turn off the computer and turn it back on?  Stop the process and try again?  Anything other than run setup and then post a message here?JeffPlease: Don'...

How to install AJAXControlToolKit with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Hi, I am new to AJAX  I am using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. How to install AJAX Control Tookit? Please advise.   Jenny   Check this link http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/InstallingASPNETAJAX.aspxThanksGaneshIf you find my reply help you Mark it Answered. Hi Jenny, To install the AjaxControlToolkit with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. Please refer to this page: http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Walkthrough/Setup.aspx For more useful information: Sample of the AjaxControlToolkit: http://www.asp.net/ajax/aja...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition will not install!
Hi I need some help here. I had Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition beta 2 installed and I uninstalled it so I could install the latest version now I am having problems with the installer. When clicking on vwdsetup.exe It goes thru a couple of screen and then sits there in a screen that says: " Setup is loading installation components    This may talk a minute or two. " I left it running for an hour and it still displays about 80-85 % done. I cannot terminate the process and have to reboot the machine. Anyone running into a similar problem? I would like ...

Problems installing Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
I have a big problem :( I can not install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. I have Windows Xp Proffesional + SP2, Microsoft .Net Frameworks 2.0, but still can't install it. When i tried, the installation stopped and i recieved this message: I am expierencing the exact problem as well. This is very frustrating.... I can see no reason why the installer is crashing! This thread might help: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=135290&SiteID=1Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

Need Help about installation of Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
When i clicked the setup for the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express, it said the suite integration toolkit executable seem got problem and need to be close.  and to see the data on this error are below:  AppName: setup.exe AppVer: 8.0.50.7272.42 ModName: vsscenario.dll ModVer: 8.0.50727.42 Offset: 0003a490 And i really cannot install after the error message.  Is that meant i miss out the file name vsscenario.dll?  Please help....... i really appreciate greatly.  Thanks.  Did you try redownloading the VWD install file? JeffPlease: Don't forget t...

Error when trying to install MS Visual web developer 2008 express edition
I have tried numerous times now to install the above program. It keeps failing when trying to install Microsoft. NET Framework v3.5 SP1. Error occured during setup?  Can anyone help me please? Much appreciated    Have you tried downloading .net 3.5 with sp1 seperately, installing that and then trying the installer again? I've just tried to do that and I'm get an error when even trying to install the .net 3.5 by itself... any other suggestions? Try looking into log file in your user temp folder to find out which error exactly it is. Thanks------------...

problem installing Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2
I have uninstalled all the 2005 beta programs as required, but when I try to install the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2   I get the messgae "Set detected that previous versions of the following product(s) are currently installed ..........."  but no application is listed and I can't continue with istallation. I wonder where it find an offending installation, and how can I correct this. Thank You Meir   Hello. Check the add/remove programs section of the control panel. You must remove all the items installed during preivous beta or ctop install...

I cannot Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition .iso image files...Please HELP ??
I  extracted the .iso image file that i downloaded from msdn.microsoft.com using ISO Buster... and when i open the setup.exe file it does not install and gives me this error: " A problem has been encountered while loading the setup components. Canceling setup. " And lets me press the OK button. This stops installing it... Please help me install and tell me what could be the problem.. Thanks Excuse my ignorance, but what is ISO buster?Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ...

Web resources about - Error when install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition in Vista Home Edition - asp.net.installation-setup

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Pixel (game developer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaya's other work includes the game Ikachan which he released in 2000, as well as many other low-profile games. He is currently developing a ...

Developer secures new funding to complete world’s tallest building Kingdom Tower
... Arabian riyal fund has been established to pay for remaining work on its long-delayed $1.2 billion Kingdom Tower project in Jeddah. The developer ...

Sketch joins parade of developers abandoning Mac App Store in favor of direct sales
The developers of the UI design tool Sketch have announced their decision to exit the Mac App Store, following in the footsteps of many other ...

Apple and app developer Supercell join forces for a World AIDS Day campaign
With World AIDS Day scheduled for tomorrow, Dec. 1, Apple and app developer Supercell have joined forces for a great new campaign. An in-app ...

Stealth in Fallout 4 is like a developer-sanctioned god mode
For better or worse, you know what to expect from stealth in a Bethesda game. In Skyrim you can walk into a room, steal everything from everyone ...

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

Pros and developers alike can benefit from these extended Cyber Monday deals
With all the hubbub around the post-Thanksgiving shopping, it’s nice when there’s a huge discount on something that is actually useful. These ...

The Arkham Origins developer is working on two new DC Comics games
WB Montreal, the developer most well-known for 2013's Batman: Arkham Origins , looks like it's again focusing on comics for its second big project. ...

Tor Developer Insists They've Learned From Attack -
Last year, the "anonymous" dark web browser that is Tor suffered a large-scale attack that compromised the anonymity of its users over a period ...