Do I need VS 1.0 to install VS 2003 (.NET 1.1)?

I got a new computer where I will need to install my copies of VS 2003 and VS 2005.  All copies are legal with original disks.

I purchased VS 2003 as an upgrade to VS.NET that came before VS 2003.  Do I need to install that very first version 1.0 of VS in order to install VS 2003?

Thank you in advance.

0
Dimacorp
4/18/2006 7:35:27 PM
📁 asp.net.installation-setup
📃 5668 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 4 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 885 Views

If it's an upgrade version, then you will need the previous version installed.

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton
4/19/2006 12:49:07 AM

Thank you for your reply.

However, I was hoping that VS 2003 could be installed without VS 1.0, maybe by prompting me to insert an original DVD of VS 1.0 during install of VS 2003.

0
Dimacorp
4/19/2006 10:35:18 AM

Did you try to run the install?

Jeff

jeff
4/20/2006 6:04:22 PM

I have to clarify the subject to my initial message.   I wanted to install VS 2003 Upgrade without having VS 2002 installed.  And I was able successfully to do it.  During the installation of the VS 2003 the SETUP asked me to put Disk 1 of VS 2002.  That's all.

Thank you.

0
Dimacorp