Can we deploy a .net 1.1 app to a .net 2.0 server?

Hi,
 We have been hosting an app on a server that has ASP and ASP.net 1.1 support.  We are now moving to an ISP that has ASP, ASP.net 1.1 and ASP.Net 2.0 plans.  We will soon migrate the development environment to VS 2005.  However, today we use VS 2003.  My question is can we initially deply to a server that has .net 2.0 support?  Are the 2.0 libs fully backward compatible?
jerry

0
jerrykur
11/8/2006 5:46:16 PM
📁 asp.net.installation-setup
📃 5668 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1219 Views

You can deploy a 1.1 app to a server runnuing both 1.1 and 2.0 by setting the framework version for the application on the server.  You can deploy many (but not all) 1.1 apps directly in a 2.0 environement and have them work.  You can also convert apps to 2.0.  Safest is always run the app in the framework it was coded for.

Please:  Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.  That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.
0
jeff
11/8/2006 8:02:55 PM

Jeff,
Thanks for the quick reply.  I think we will just deploy to a 1.1 server for now and upgrade the app to VS 2005/2.0 on the next build cycle.  At time we can shift to the 2.0 server.
jerry
0
jerrykur