Can't install version 2.0 besides 1.1: dotnetfx.exe will only install 1.1

Hi,

 I'm trying to install version 2.0 beside version 1.1 on a Win2000 server. First I download the correct version of dotnetfx.exe (for version 2.0), but when I run this, I'm asked if I want to install version 1.1 (which is already present). It does not help to uninstall 1.1 first, I'm still prompted to install 1.1, even if dotnetfx.exe is the one for version 2.0! Could this be due to any settings on the server?

 Huh?

RGDS

a newbe...

0
OddBob
6/11/2007 1:02:06 PM
📁 asp.net.installation-setup
📃 5668 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 742 Views

 Check carefully for every copy of DOTNETFX.COM on the machine (check every folder including system ones), and rename them according to the version number. Then try installing again.

TATWORTH
6/11/2007 1:56:30 PM

Hi and thanks for the suggestion.

I searched the server and did only find those dotnetfx.exe-files I had put there. But then I checked the file properties and my dotnetfx.exe file was really the one for version 1.1........! ("Do you feel stupid?").  I'm pretty shure that the correct verson 2.0 install file was downloaded from Microsoft (if then for some reason they uploaded the older version to me). But somewhere along the line of copying, I must have grabbed an older version present on one of the servers.

Anyhow, running the correct dotnetfx.exe did install framework 2.0, indeed...!

Once again thanks for the input, and for the rest of you: Learn from this mistake before you waste a day or two.

RGDS

OddBob

0
OddBob