Application Error when running from Godaddy hosting

I am getting following error, my config file is attached below. Anyone point me in right direction?

Thank you in advance

Mon

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Web.Config file below

<configuration>

<appSettings>

<add key="application" value="1" />

</appSettings>

<system.net>

<mailSettings>

<smtp from="email.com">

<network host="IP Address" password="" userName="" />

</smtp>

</mailSettings>

</system.net> <connectionStrings>

<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=*************,1433;Initial Catalog=users.mdf;User ID=******;Password=******;Persist Security Info=True"

providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

<add name="ASPNETDBConnectionString1" connectionString="Data Source=*********,1433;Initial Catalog=ASPNETDB.MDF;User ID=******;Password=******;Persist Security Info=True"

providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>

<system.web><!--

Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging

symbols into the compiled page. Because this

affects performance, set this value to true only

during development.

When ever you want to retrive the connection string,

1. Add a reference, Imports System.Configuration

2. Dim Connection As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("SqlConnect"))

Visual Basic options:

Set strict="true" to disallow all data type conversions

where data loss can occur.

Set explicit="true" to force declaration of all variables.

-->

<roleManager enabled="true" />

<compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true"></compilation>

<pages>

<namespaces>

<clear/>

<add namespace="System"/>

<add namespace="System.Collections"/>

<add namespace="System.Collections.Specialized"/>

<add namespace="System.Configuration"/>

<add namespace="System.Text"/>

<add namespace="System.Text.RegularExpressions"/>

<add namespace="System.Web"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.Caching"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.SessionState"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.Security"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.Profile"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.UI"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls"/>

<add namespace="System.Data"/>

<add namespace="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

<add namespace="System.Net.Mail"/>

<add namespace="System.Security.Principal"/><add namespace="System.Web.SessionState"/>

</namespaces>

</pages>

<!--

The <authentication> section enables configuration

of the security authentication mode used by

ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.

--> <authentication mode="Forms" />

<!--

The <customErrors> section enables configuration

of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs

during the execution of a request. Specifically,

it enables developers to configure html error pages

to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.

<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="ErrorPage.aspx">

<error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />

<error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />

</customErrors>

-->

<membership>

<providers> <clear/>

<add

name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"

type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, &#xD;&#xA; Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"

connectionStringName="ASPNETDBConnectionString1"

enablePasswordRetrieval="false"

enablePasswordReset="true"

requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"

applicationName="/"

requiresUniqueEmail="false"

passwordFormat="Clear"

maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="10"

passwordAttemptWindow="10"

minRequiredPasswordLength="4"

minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"

passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""

/>

</
providers></membership>

</
system.web> </configuration>

0
Mon

Do what the error message says.  Change the web.config to something like below

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce

GW7Sp2 "Webaccess Install failed " error: Setup failed to run installation:
GW7Sp2 "Webaccess Install failed " error: Setup failed to run installation: The remote procedure call failed. I am running the novell client 4.91sp2 and the firewall is disabled on my XP machine. I have turned off antivirus and still cannot get it to work. Later I tried to run the Hot Fix for the GWIA gw702hp1gwia_reva.exe and I cannot get the install to work following the instructions for download and extraction and trying to run it from CMD install /copyonly. If anyone has worked through this I would really appreciate their solution. Harrel Hi, Harrelc ...

Error while running .net application
I have just got some ASP.Net code which I am trying to configure on my system. I have .net framework 2.0 When I run the application, it gives the following error D:\MyAppl_WF\MyApplWebSite\aspx\All.aspx: ASP.NET runtime error: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\MyAppl_WF\MyApplwebsite\web.config line 35) Can someone please tell me how to resolve this error. Thanks >> This error can b...

error message: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create the application <application>. The likeliest problem is that required components are not installed on the local Web server."
after enabling ssl using iis certificate services, creating and installing server and client certificates; i encountered this message when i try to reopen the project in vs 2003. how to work with ssl web apps in vs.net. please reply asap......

Do I need to install IIS to run .NET web applications?
Do I need to install IIS to run .NET web applications?sujith Hi Sujith,I've used one alternative to IIS for .net before. It is called Abyss Web Server and it's good, at least for my requirements then.You can check it out here at http://www.aprelium.com. This runs on Windows. You can also run .net using Mono. I've not used this before. You can try it out. The site is http://www.mono-project.com. If you're not in a rush, wait for Mono 2.0. This can be run on multiple platforms. Wilsonwww.SideBySide.ws   more over .net2 have internal developement serve...

Applications that Install the .NET while installing the app.
Does anyone know what applications currently install the .net framework? Specifically, I'm interested in which Microsoft applications install the .net framework without needing a separate download. For example, does Office 2003 install the .NET framework when the application is installed? Thanks in advance for the help. Steve usually the .net framework is installed by the manufacturer along with the OS. so almost every comp thats being shipped now with win xp has .net 1.1 hth***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Thanks for th...

Web application only runs without errors on server with VS.NET
Hi I have been developing this application that uses msdaipp provider, cdo for exchange and .NET to communicate with Exchange server 2000. Now deploying the application hasn't been succesfull. Now today I finally found that a clean machine (only iis, framework, and cdoex.dll (classic com) registrered, my application will only work after I install vs.net (in a mere default installation). My application will run, and get data for me, delete appointments from exchange server, etc. but I cannot add or update appointments, I get and "Unspeciefied" com error which I have isol...

GoDaddy Login control Error, Server Error in '/' Application. error: 26
Hi,  I have developed a website in asp.net and published the webpages and database to the remote server as per the instructions of godaddy help site article. I have also updated the connection string in web config file so that it points to the database on remote server. Site was working fine when I tested on my local site. connection string also works fine on remote server, which is proved by the grid view information displayed on the home page, however when I go to the Login Page and try to login I get the below error message and the same error message when I try to create a new user ...

Error message while run window application using C# on Studio.NET
I tired to run a simple window application using C# on VB Studio.NET. After I put a Button object on the Form, then builded and run it, I got an error message saying -- An unhandled exception of type 'system.ArithmeticException' occurred in system.drawing.dll Additional information: overflow or underflow in the arithmetic operation I have two machines. When I run exactly same on the other machine, it worked. Any ideas? Maybe it was caused by some software or applications that I installed on this machine? Thanks."Object reference not set to an instance of an object&quo...

Error message while run window application with C# on Visual Studio.NET
I tired to run a simple window application using C# on VB Studio.NET. After I put a Button object on the Form, then builded and run it, I got an error message saying -- An unhandled exception of type 'system.ArithmeticException' occurred in system.drawing.dll Additional information: overflow or underflow in the arithmetic operation I have two machines. When I run exactly same on the other machine, it worked. Any ideas? Maybe it was caused by some software or applications that I installed on this machine? Thanks."Object reference not set to an instance of an objec...

I couldn't install Visual Studio.Net 2003, while installing an error message "Internal Error is comming"
[DMW: deleted due to the length of the log, and what follows is what's important][09/29/05,14:28:23] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: ***ERRORLOG EVENT*** : ACTION FAILURE: Action ended 14:28:23: CADpc.D0DF3458_A845_11D3_8D0A_0050046416B9. Return value 3. See MSI log for details.[09/29/05,14:28:23] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: ***ERRORLOG EVENT*** : ACTION FAILURE: Action ended 14:28:23: INSTALL. Return value 3. See MSI log for details.[09/29/05,14:28:30] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: MsiInstallProduct return cod...

hosting error at brinkster.com (Server Error in '/' Application, Runtime Error )
HelloI have hosted my student project at brinkster.com, in my pc it runs quite fine, but at brinkster it gives following error messgae.  Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a &l...

I am having hard time to setup the classified at godaddy keep getting run time error
 Hi I download the classified starter kit and uploaded it to godaddy but I still can't get it to work1-I created 2 database , one for classified and the other for the users.I   I keep getting run time error even talking with godaddy did not help. <!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web></configuration> Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribu...

Web resources about - Application Error when running from Godaddy hosting - asp.net.installation-setup

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Seagate pushing non-PC storage for 2016 with focus on surveillance applications
... products for cloud computing, consumer electronics, surveillance and enterprise storage for 2016. Seagate expects surveillance-related applications ...