accessing remote ip address database in ms access on webserver

hi
i have pc on which my msaccess database is present which collect data from local network , and i have another web server on which asp.net 2.0 application runs, both pc and server are far apart physically so both having internet and own different ip addresses,
 so want to access my data from pc ie ms access 2003 database file in my asp.net application on server ,can anybody guide me how it can be acchived.

thank you,
0
sansat6699

It is apparently possible to connect to a remote machine and read an Access database: http://databases.aspfaq.com/database/why-can-t-i-access-a-database-or-text-file-on-another-server.html, but I have never, and would never try it.  You would be better off putting the Access database on a proper server within your network, and then creating some web services that read the data from it, and return that data to your remote web application.  Or better still, use SQL Server.

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
10/6/2008 6:52:22 AM

I think you need remote data service for this to work but I think Micrsoft has deprecated this.

I think your best bet is to upgrade to MS SQL.

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce