Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net..." is denied

I just finished installing IIS 5.1.  I have an existing project someone else created that I will be working on.  I have set up a virtual directory in IIS for the site and have given read/write permissions to the ASPNET account and the IUSR_ account.  When I attempt to open the main page I get the following:

 Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4233\Temporary ASP.NET Files\blah\blah\blah" is denied.

I've done everything short of granting "Everyone" Full Control of everything and I can't seem to get past this error.  Does anybody have any ideas on how to correct this?

adam
0
achedges

Do you have any other asp.net application working on this IIS?  What account is your worker process using?  Make sure whichever account your worker process uses has access to the framework under windows\microsoft.net. Sounds like you might need to reinstall the framework / iis and use default settings.

Matt

0
Matt
6/9/2007 8:29:35 PM

Thanks for the reply Matt.  I had just installed IIS and Visual Studio (in that order) right before loading the project.  There is no other ASP.NET project running.  What do you mean by "worker process"?  I have IIS configured for Anon. access using the built in IUSR_ account and I have granted that account, as well as the ASPNET, account full perms on the web folder, and the C:\windows\microsoft.net\framework folder.  I'm fresh out of ideas, except for just reinstalling everything, but that wouldn't make much sense to me being that I started with a fresh install.  Thanks again for any help...

adam
0
achedges
6/11/2007 12:26:13 PM

By "worker process" I mean either w3wp.exe (Windows Server) or aspnet_wp.exe (Windows XP) . See what user name that process is running under.  This user should have write access to C:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4233\Temporary ASP.NET Files\

0
Matt
6/11/2007 1:39:03 PM

I'm using XP, but I can't find the aspnet_wp.exe process running.  I know the web server is running, and it is configured for ASP.NET 1.1.4322.  I've tried pulling up the page again to trigger the worker process, but there's still no aspnet_wp.exe.

adam
0
achedges
6/11/2007 4:59:44 PM

run this at your windows cmd line

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>aspnet_regiis.exe -i

0
Matt
6/11/2007 5:08:58 PM

Got it.  Went into C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG and opened the MACHINE.CONFIG file.  Under the processModel settings, username was set to Machine.  I changed it to System and verified that the System account had appropriate permissions for the Temporary ASP.NET Files folder.  Problem solved.  Thanks for your help again!

adam
0
achedges

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\.." is Denied
I frequently get this error while requesting the webpage .aspx Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary ASP.NET Files\mjbnet\6983a9d7\54a73a5b\hash.web" is denied. When ever this error occurs I restart my system and delete the repective project folder from the above location and build the application. Now this error is occured more frequently. Please let me know if there is any solution other than what I am trying to do. Thank You... I had many time the same error, it looks like a bug with temporary file accessangiras Hi, Stop ...

Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. The ASP.NET process is not authorized to access the requested resource. For security reasons the default ASP.NET process identity is '{machinename}\ASPNET', which has limited privileges. Consider granting access rights to the...

Folders under "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework"
Hi guys!!   I  have a small query, I see following folders in "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework" ->v1.0.3705 ->v1.1.4322 ->v2.0.50727 what does they signifies ?   Thanks----regards Bipul Kumar Each folder has the framework binaries and other files relating to each .NET Framework verison installed. For example, the files in the v2.0.50727 folder are for .NET 2.0.50727 (aka .NET 2.0). HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question Thanks Ryan   Iis that means, I have 3 version of .net on ...

"access to path"...."is denied"
I have a program that opens a csv file and copies all records to a database.  its working fine in development system but when i deploy this to the live system and if i try to copy a csv file on my machine i am getting an error "access to path"..<tempfile.txt> .."is denied.  I am creating a temporary file on the live server and then changing data and then copying records from the temp file to the live databaseThe problem is that the program cannot access the temp file.  Is there a way to change security access rights of the temp file programmatically so tha...

Hide "NET USE" C:\Windows\System32\net.exe prompt
--____HXVYWAWXUSKEVXKBAEOI____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On our logon script I'm currently mapping NetWare shares using the MAP = command and Windows shares using the NET USE command. Everything is = working fine and well its just that I'd like to completely hide the = windows command prompt box at login. Close as I've come to a recommendation= was to minimize it but not to completely hide it. as a example of what I'm currently doing: @CMD /C START /M NET USE R: = \\servername\sharename "@C...

Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\system32\MyXMLDoc.xml" is denied.
COULD SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT PLZZZZZZZZZZ............. I am in my semester project which is due for submission and when i am creating a file from the asp.net application i am develping it is giving the above error and it is saying that i don't have access to this file.could somebody help me out in this matter.eagerly waiting for all your replies....chalama reddy. Create a folder under c or d drive and give full access to ASPNET account on that folder. Copy the xml file to this new folder and change the path in your web application to point to the new location.Thanks,RamThanks,RamOm...

Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 + IIS. Help ! "Access denied."
 I'v installed Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 , and IIS. (Windows XP Professional)When I'm creating a new C# ASP.NET project, and trying to run it I get the ERROR below.PLEASE help me TnxTal  Server Error in '/New' Application. Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\new\f6d1460a\f5c61787" is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Excep...

C#.Net "Double" and "double" When/Where to use?
Hi all     Please let me know the difference between "Double" and "double" in c#.Net (I understand that "Double" is structure      and "double" is an instance to that structure) differences if any thing else.     Also the context in which both has been used.(When/Where to use both). thanks all...      hi,my brains says Double is reference type & double is value type.regards,satishKind Attn: If a reply to your post helped you, kindly mark it as Answered.__________...

error:Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\export_6d7fb065-43ca-4ff3-a569-f55b2f472e70.tmp" is denied.
I got error: Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\export_6d7fb065-43ca-4ff3-a569-f55b2f472e70.tmp" is denied. when I export crystal report to PDF. Can someone help me to fix it? Give write permissions to ASPNET (Win2K) or NetworkService (Win2K3) to this folder. If you are impersonating another user, you need to give that account write permissions instead.If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs...

Error "Unable to access C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\framework\1.1.4322
Help me! Why this happen? Explain your problem in detailGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ What was the process running when the error was encountered?Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. I have reinstalled my notebook. Windows XP Professional SP2 and Asp 2.0 Before this I've installed ASP 1.1 In IIS Ihave created web site pointing to my site folder. When I try to browse web site this is the error. ASP.NET user is in l...

Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe" /noconfig /fullpaths
Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe" /noconfig /fullpaths @"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\5f30865b\c21b0d13\5hlahan_.cmdline". i got this error from my http server. my site url is www.maa-kalabhavan.com so plzz tell what is the problem and how to solve it plzzz  That command is the compiler. You'd need to contact your host about the error.Please Mark As Answer posts that helped you."If we learn from our mistakes, I should be...

You may receive the error "BC30138: Unable to create temp file in path 'C:\Windows\TEMP\:' Access is denied"
  Hi, You may receive the error "BC30138: Unable to create temp file in path 'C:\Windows\TEMP\:' Access is denied" while trying to debug or browse your ASP.NET Applications. This article http://harishmvp.blogspot.com/2005/05/you-may-receive-error-bc30138-unable.html explains the resolution for the error. Thanks.  regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Access to the path "C:\....." denied error
Hi,I tried to download word file from the server on which my website is hosted.I got this error. ( Even on local comp i am getting same error, onlydifference is location of word file changes..(obviously ;) )   System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\HostingSpaces\User1\mydomain.com\wwwroot' is denied. ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is use...

Web resources about - Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net..." is denied - asp.net.installation-setup

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message