.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0

Hi All,

            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.

0
co_cu

The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework.

after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~

mbanavige
12/21/2008 10:59:09 PM

actually by default and automatilcally when you install .NET framework 3.5 it will Kept the Framework 2.0 in your pc... It will not remove it in any way..

Regards...
Nassar, Rami
My Blog || E-Mail

rami_nassar

Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5
Hi all I have .Net framework 2.0 installled on my server,  and  websites are currently running  that are developed in .net 2.,  my  clinets wants .net framework 3.5 or  if i installed .net framewrok 3.5 in my server, there is any problems to my previous  web application that was hosted using .net framework 2.0   if yes ,how  can i installed .net framewrok 3.5 adilahmed Don't worry...just install it. .net 3.5 is incremental and works on top of 2.0. Any existing websites will reference the 2.0 binaries and will still work.   Also, I...

Web Setup .msi promting for .NET Framework 3.5 on server install, but project targets Framework 2.0
I have an .asmx web service built in VS.NET 2008 that targets the .NET Framework 2.0.  I have a web setup project that packages the .asmx service into a .msi file.  When I copy the install file out to the server and try to install, it states: "This setup requires the .NET Framework version 3.5. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again...." I can not install the 3.5 Framework yet out on the server, so how can I reconfigure my setup project to know to only look for the .NET Framework 2.0?   Thank you!Thank you,  Nevermind.... As usual 2 sec...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Installation of .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5
 Hi all, Can i install Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 at the same Operating system.?Plz let me know.. Thanks:Bijaya Kumar SahooRapidsoft Technologies, GurgaonMOSS 2007, Asp.Net,C#.Net,SQL Server,AJAXhttp://fewlines4biju.blogspot.com Yes. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  Yes , There is no problem. Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like ...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

How to change .Net framework from Version=3.5.0.0 back to Version=2.0.0.0 ?
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change .Net framework from Version=3.5.0.0 back to Version=2.0.0.0 ? I have 2 different versions of Visual Studio: VS2005 and VS2008. One is running in .NET framework 2.0.0.0 and the other one is running in framework version 3.5.0.0.  When run the web application that is in framework Version 2.0.0.0 in VS2005, I get the error below.  In the web.config of the project, there is no 'System.Core....' assembly listed in the Assemblies section and all other system assemblies are in framework version 2.0.0.0. Also I checked the Mic...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

.Net Framework 2.0 3.0 and now 3.5...can I remove some?
 Hi ASP.net I've been installing the Express editions and following the recommendations to install the latest .Net Frameworks...however I now have 4 of them and there not exactly light. Do I need ot keep all of them or can some be removed bevause the later version make them redundant.I ask because I am trying to clean up my machine and get some space back...but if it's not advisable then I can live with the weight.Many thanksMike.  ThanksMike (the beginner)  I think you 'd better not uninstall them and If you have to you make access to microsoft msdn to get ...

Web resources about - .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0 - asp.net.installation-setup

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Frameworks releasing 'Time Spent' EP
by Andrew Sacher photo by Shauna Hundeby Gainesville's Frameworks became one of the more promising new bands in the current wave of screamo with ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Int'l groups launch new global framework to eliminate human rabies
... the worst rabies problem. Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – International organizations launched on Thursday (December 10) a new global framework ...

Agile Frameworks: Does Anyone Know What A Framework Is?
[Welcome to the first in a series of posts about Agile frameworks. In this series, Cutter consultants in the Agile Product Management & Software ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework
Network World AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework FierceWireless LAS VEGAS—AT&T (NYSE: T) is collaborating ...

A Framework For How Any Company Can Design Amazing Employee Experiences
Over the past few months I've been working on a series of articles all around the employee experience which I define as being a combination of ...

130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US
Read the rest of 130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US