.NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0 Running parallel

Are there any known issues for both of the frameworks running in parallel on same machine

Also searched on the web but would like to know complete reference, before I dirty my hands on the 3.0.

Any help is appreciated.

regards

Raheel Hussain
--------------------------------
Blog:
http://www.dnfug.com/web/blogs/raheel/

raheel

The 2.0 and 3.0 frameworks don't run separately, they run together.  Think of .NET 3.0 as an extension of 2.0, it's not really an independent framework.  So the answer is not just yes, they run fine together, but rather that 3.0 need 2.0 to work.

Jeff

jeff

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

I installed .net 2.0 but there is .net 3.0 in the add or remove programs list as well, why
Hi, installed .net 2.0 "i know thats what iam running" but recently i found .net 3.0 as well when browsing the add or remove programs list. .net 2.0 is in the list as well but i dont remember a day i installed .net 3.0. The questions are how did it install. What version of .net is running on my system then. --------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- >>The questions are how did it install.  Are you running Vista?  (.net 3.0 comes with Vista) >>What&...

Will AJAX Extensions 1.0 (for .NET 2.0) be affected by .NET 3.0?
Hello all,I have a web server that has a couple of site running using .NET 2.0 with the AJAX Extensions 1.0 (but not the ControlKit) and I need to install another Web App site that uses .NET 3.0. I need to know if installing .NET 3.0 will affect the sites that currently use 2.0 and the AJAX Extensions 1.0 as these sites are live and any down time would get me in the @~!£$.If there are issues, are there any work arounds? Many Thanks in advance  The .net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 add features to the .net framework 2.0 so installing the additional framework should not cause any pro...

Custom Paging .Net 2.0 to .Net 3.0
 I have a web app written in VS 2005 that uses griviews with custom paging and sorting done as follows. <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="rec_id" BorderColor="White" BackColor="White" BorderStyle="Ridge" BorderWidth="2px" CellPadding="3" CellSpacing="1" GridLines="None" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" PageSize="20" OnSorting="Gvemp_sort&q...

Installation of .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5
 Hi all, Can i install Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 at the same Operating system.?Plz let me know.. Thanks:Bijaya Kumar SahooRapidsoft Technologies, GurgaonMOSS 2007, Asp.Net,C#.Net,SQL Server,AJAXhttp://fewlines4biju.blogspot.com Yes. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  Yes , There is no problem. Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like ...

Crystal reports don't run well after Windows Update installs .net 2.0 and .net 3.5
 I have a web reporting application build using VS2003 and Crystal ver 9.5.Everything was working fine until the infrastructure team run the windows 2003 server WINDOWS UPDATE where the new .net 2.0 & .net 3.5 got installed.I started to get CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException: Error in File:crreport5.rpt -The request could not be submittted for background processing.After I restart IIS , the reports start working again but they stop after a while and I have to restart again ...Please, advise.    ...

How can i upgrade my project from .net 2.0 to .net 3.0
I have been developing my project in .net 2.0 and and its already deployed for testing. Its not yet in use but its already deployed for testing purposes. Then i realised that i already have .net 3.0 installed both on my developement computer and on our production sever posiibly through these microsoft updates because i did not install .net 3.0 manually, i just found them in the installed programs. So how can i configure this project and all the applications that i will develop in future to use .net 3.0 instead of 2.0 that iam currently using. Basically what i want to do is move my applicati...

Error with using .Net 3.0 instead of .Net 2.0
Hi,  I have recently made a website in microsoft visual web developer 2005.  When I have uploaded my site to my host I am having trouble.  when I visit the page www.amcnewzealand.co.nz I get an error message.  My web hosting company does not support .net 3.0 but instead use .net 2.0.  My website is made with file extensions .aspx.  I am usure how to tell what version of .net I am using and wether this is the only cause.  At first there was a 403 error occuring. Help would be much appreciated as I have been struggling with this for some time. The version...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Web resources about - .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0 Running parallel - asp.net.installation-setup

Parallel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does the opportunity to lead a parallel life online mean we are more likely to cheat?
Here's the bad news: According to some experts, you're more likely to find yourself with a cheating partner these days. &nbsp;

Woman accusing Daw of rape was teased over parallels with novel
Being made fun of by classmates when they studied a novel in 2007 led woman who accuses former AFL player of raping her to report the incident ...

Harper review: Government faces stoush with authors over removal of parallel book imports
The Turnbull government is set for a fiery showdown with some of Australia's most popular authors over its plan to loosen restrictions on book ...

Parallels $79.99 Black Friday Bundle: Free 1Password, Evernote, Camtasia, Pocket, PDFPen, Snagit, more ...
Parallels has one of the most impressive bundles we’ve seen launching today . For the normal price of Parallels ( $79.99 / $50 upgrade ), you ...

LLVM to get FORTRAN compiler that targets parallel GPUs in clusters
... NVIDIA that would be enhancing the LLVM compiler collection. The goal will be to port an existing FORTRAN compiler that targets massively parallel ...

Windows 10 on Mac: Boot Camp vs Parallels
... run Windows 10 on a Mac there are really only two options worth considering: a native install using Boot Camp or virtualization through Parallels. ...

5 Reasons Why Parallel Parenting Works Better Than Co-Parenting
... to have a co-parenting relationship with my ex. I stumbled upon an article over at the Huffington Post that introduced me to a new term: Parallel ...

"Every year at the holidays, millions of Americans partake in a whole parallel tradition: avoiding the ...
"... that one exhausting relative who treats every event as a chance to assault you with their fringe political ideas, hector you about your ...

Panasonic Introduced Its Tomato-picking Robot and Parallel Link Robot at International Robot Exhibition ...
Panasonic proposed numerous robotics solutions such as the tomato-picking robot and the parallel link robot at one of the world's largest robot ...