.NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 on the same machine

Hi All,

I have .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 framework on my machine.  Now, I want to uninstall .NET 1.1 to have more free HD space.  Please tell if I can do it without any trouble for the .NET 2.0?

Thank you very much.  Pardon me for a newbie question.

 elearner

0
elearner

Start > Control Panel > Add remove programs > remove .NET Framework 1.1!

Im sure its not taking up that much space tho!? :P

David Kiff
http://DavidKiff.co.uk

DavidKiff

Well I don't think it should cause any problem because of them are installed in seperate folders. As installation of both frameworks does not affect each other so their uninstallation should not affect each other.

Thanks and best regards,

Faraz Shah Khan
MCP, MCAD.Net, MCSD.Net, MCTS-Win/Web, MCPD-Web
Blog
0
farazsk11

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Upgrading from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi,We write ASP.NET applications for a large UK organisation for which we have two servers - a dev server and a live intranet server.  I would like to convince management to upgrade the .NET framework from 1.1 to 2.0 (and incidently VS2003 to VS2005).If we install the new version of the dotnet framework, will there be any issues with our existing 1.1 applications?  If so, what will the issues likely to be?Your help is greatly appreciated.Ryan Penfold, Truro, UK. Two versions can coexist, so you shouldn't have any issues. So far we have not had any real issues with asp.net 1.1 a...

.net 2.0 v. .Net 1.1
Hi all:Im trying to figure out whether I should begin using 2.0 at this point.  Many people I spoke to have indicated that it may be too soon (for whatever reason-bugs, hosting availibility etc).  Can someone give the pros and cons at this point?  I just learned .net 1.1 and this would be the first time I've ever gone throught this sort of transition.  Also, what was frustrating about 1.1 is that some of the books that first came out had alot of problems with their code working.  Is there an authorotative book out yet with functioning examples?Any help would be ...

Utilize .NET 2 [.net 1.1 installed]
Hi, My PC running Win XP (SP2), .Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 and VS 2003. I am beginner in ASP.Net. When I try to used a ASP.Net 2 property with a control, shows me error and I also noticed .net framework ver. at the botton of broswer window. What should I do to utilize .net framework 2.0 functionality? Thanks First, you'll need Visual Web Developer or Visual Studio 2005 to create .NET 2.0 sites. In order to deploy a .NET 2.0 site, you'll need to set the .NET Framework version to 2.0 on the ASP.NET tab for the sites properties in IIS. HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET...

Web resources about - .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 on the same machine - asp.net.installation-setup

Machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A machine is a tool containing one or more parts that uses energy to perform an intended action. Machines are usually powered by mechanical, ...

Review: Florence + The Machine, Riverstage, November 18, 2015
Florence Welch had already won over a sold-out Riverstage before she jumped off stage, sprinted uphill into the crowd and delivered half ...

Alphabet, Amazon Lead A.I. Charge as Machines Take Over, Says UBS
UBS analysts Hubert Jeaneau and colleagues today offered a 56-page think piece of what to expect as artificial intelligence and robotics become ...

IT pros welcome the rise of their new machine overlords
Until recently the idea of machines and computers taking over from humans has been the stuff of sci-fi. But recent developments in automation ...

Watch this monster machine rip trees out of the ground like they're toothpicks
Watching the Ponsse Beaver tree harvesting machine in action is nothing short of mesmerizing. The machine makes giant trees look like nothing ...

Shock rock: Machine uncovers honking 1,111-carat diamond
A specialized sorting machine that uses X-ray technology sniffs out one of the largest diamonds ever discovered.

Why Microsoft’s data chief thinks machine-learning tools are like tailored shirts
When Microsoft's data chief thinks about the future, he sees a world where developers create applications that leverage machine learning and ...

Elections Time Machine: It's 1991, and ex-Klansman David Duke may become Louisiana's next governor
... this race as a Tossup, and we’ll just need to see how things unfold on Saturday. For all of our posts in the Daily Kos Elections Time Machine ...

The Mega Man toy machine continues: Tamashii Buddies dated
The Tamashii Buddies series is pretty popular in Japan, as figures that basically feature a background diorama of sorts. They're not action figures ...

ASUS Chromebit review: Turn any display into a Chrome OS machine
If you've got some spare time, search for the words "Android dongle" on eBay your screen will be filled with little, Android-powered HDMI doodads ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 9:16:25 PM